out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Has this management really got the balls to sack him? Can they afford it? And let's say they did, based on the massive financial consequences that the sacking brings, will they make a poor decision as they did with pirlo and bring in someone cheaper?

I think allegri has them by the balls...unless old mate agnelli puts his hand in his pocket and pays for it with his pocket change then I just dont see anything changing.

We ain't getting a tuchel or zidane or any other foreigner...we will.bring in some cunt from a mid table team and hype him up.
bad decisions cost money and correcting them also costs a lot of money. Pirlo was an attempt to make up for the Sarri bad hire and Allegri was an even more costly attempt.

however sticking with a bad hire is more costly in the long term (as it guarantees failure) than trying to correct it if they indeed manage to correct it. There is no happy ending here without a high cost and with every mistake the cost will keep rising until they finally make the right choice.

if we stick with Allegri we guarantee the same failure. A post surgery Pogba or even a pre surgery Pogba for that matter is unlikely to change this team into one that presses and attacks fluidly. His whole United career is testament that these are precisely his biggest weaknesses he downs tools, walks around and doesn’t work hard on the pitch. He was doing that even in the good times of his career at United during Mou and early Ole tenure.

You don’t fix a team that lacks grinta by adding a player that’s notorious for lacking grinta. That’s like buying balotelli to inject discipline in the squad.

We are Serie As United. We have the most money and keep making bad purchases or bad coaching hires. We will keep throwing money at it until it’s fixed but hopefully it won’t take us a decade and thankfully we don’t have City and Pool like teams who are stable and rich competing against us. Ofc if it takes us a decade then we’ll be as poor as the others

- - - Updated - - -

We might owe Sarri an apology.
that’s the same logic for why we rehired Allegri. Sarri too is an old dog that can’t be taught new tricks and would fail again only this time he won’t have a squad used to winning.

at least Pirlo still has time to learn the craft (ofc he shouldn’t learn it on the job here)

Zidane or Tuchel or caretaker coach and poach a big name in the new season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Don't disagree with the above. However landing zidane or tuchel now would obviously be the big name coach. They are not caretakers, unless they somehow agreed to the short stint.

Jun 16, 2020
Haven’t seen a single exiting game in a year.

For me it’s simple, no team survives the amount of injuries we have. But this is no incident, we can go back 10 years ago and Max faced a similar situation at Milan with all the injuries. As time progressed it only got worse.

Now we face a situation with less than 10 games played and already more injuries. If you can’t keep your team fit it’s a lost case.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Injuries are a reality, not an excuse.

We can't blame injuries for an inability to run, an inability to turn up for more than 15-20 minutes every single fucking game, an inability to pass the ball, an inability to counter, and an inability to defend leads.

The rut runs deep, and Allegri is definitely part of the problem and most definitely not part of the solution.

I think it was @campionesidd who posted the video of Lippi resigning back in 99 - the man took responsibility. Mind you, back then we were actually playing good football. It was just that we were losing games and conceding too many goals. Now, we play like shit, concede and lose.

What's the solution? I have no fucking clue. Maybe if they paid me, I can go and help :D :b81:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Don't disagree with the above. However landing zidane or tuchel now would obviously be the big name coach. They are not caretakers, unless they somehow agreed to the short stint.
Agree. I meant to say either Zizou or Tuchel now Or a caretake coach until we can find someone else to poach at end of season. Who knows maybe Klopp becomes available/ poachable or perhaps even Pep. We can also save Conte from Spurs purgatory and he can save us from our purgatory though I dont like another return to the past.

Different question: of all our goals this season, how many were from set pieces vs open play?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Agree. I meant to say either Zizou or Tuchel now Or a caretake coach until we can find someone else to poach at end of season. Who knows maybe Klopp becomes available/ poachable or perhaps even Pep. We can also save Conte from Spurs purgatory and he can save us from our purgatory though I dont like another return to the past.

Different question: of all our goals this season, how many were from set pieces vs open play?
Good question...I reckon it would be a high percentage.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I knew in 2016 he was a seriously limited coach who lacked any attacking ideas. I can't believe it's 2023 almost and he's still here somehow.

The club seriously shows a lack of ambition with a coach who has no attacking game plan or can coach any patterns of play.

We have been left behind by rehiring him, it's clear his cycle was over the first time around and Agnelli panicked and went for Allegri again.

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
Real sacked Benitez and won UCL with Zidane same season, Chelsea sacked Lampard and Boas and won UCL with Tuchel and Di Mateo same season. imagine if Agnelli was in charge instead of Perez and Abramovich, probably Chelsea never won a UCL and Real never won 3 back to back UCLs becuase he has no balls to admit his mistake and sack a finished coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 32, Guests: 484)