out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think Allegri is ready to be replaced because he seems unmotivated to me (ever since he came back). But frankly I don't think many coaches would do better with our current squad. There's no formation we can really play at this point. Both are starting wingers (Di Maria and Chiesa) are plagued by injury. Their backups Cuadrado and Kostic are more of wingbacks who can't bring any goal- or offensive threat. We don't have #10 or SS to be playing a 2-striker formation either.
Dude we just did a major rebuild of the squad where he allegedly had a real say in our activity. Still far from a world class squad for sure but look at what other coaches are doing with at clubs above us since last year and none of these coaches were ever considered the geniuses of their time.

- - - Updated - - -

Yall act like the season is already lost. If we are top 4 come world cup we will win the league
It looks bad. League winning teams (even in weak leagues) don't sleep walk to the title. They have to have at least some fight and grinta in them to push for the last stretch and overcome their limitations. Not seeing any signs of that spirit at all thus far. If the Milanese & Napoli suddenly collapse, we'll just follow suit like we did last year

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Dude we just did a major rebuild of the squad where he allegedly had a real say in our activity. Still far from a world class squad for sure but look at what other coaches are doing with at clubs above us since last year and none of these coaches were ever considered the geniuses of their time.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks bad. League winning teams (even in weak leagues) don't sleep walk to the title. They have to have at least some fight and grinta in them to push for the last stretch and overcome their limitations. Not seeing any signs of that spirit at all thus far. If the Milanese & Napoli suddenly collapse, we'll just follow suit like we did last year
We signed a lot of players but we didn't even had a system or tactical identity prior to the transfer window in the summer. I remember when we had Conte and Beppe, we signed players that actually suited the 3-5-2 and improved our starting line-up.

For instance, we signed Kostic who was a LWB and are currently playing him as a LW in a 4-3-3. We signed Bremer, who played in a 3-man defense at Torino and are currently expecting him to be WC in a 2-man defense. Quite obviously all these transfers aren't working out at this point.

My problem with current Allegri is his lack of a tactical identity. We've tried so many systems the past year and nothing has really worked.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Yall act like the season is already lost. If we are top 4 come world cup we will win the league
We -at least I- are traumatized from the last couple of seasons, especially last season. I gave Allegri all the excuses in the world last year and lowered my expectations to the mud and that's why I am very impatient this year.
Performances and results like against Sampdoria and Fiorentina are inexcusable, the rest can be acceptable due to the injuries and to the usual slow start of the season but we need to improve and improve quickly otherwise I am open to sacking him before the next international break or at least before the world cup.
I really love Max and wish he can turn the tides but he needs to do it quickly, we cannot tolerate a group stage exit nor a big gap in the league, if we make it out of the group and are within touching distance from the top then fine give him support in January (LB above all) and if he doesn't win the league sack him then.

Aug 2, 2005
The fact that your using "IF" means the season is lost "UNLESS"

Frankly.. the existing squad without Pogba and Chiesa till Jan is still a competitve one in Serie A.

Most of us are annoyed of Allegri style and game management and strategy (almost every thing about him at the moment even his press conf).. to the point that the only thing that would intercede for him is the employment of "winning is the only thing that matters" in every single fucking match

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2005
My problem with current Allegri is his lack of a tactical identity. We've tried so many systems the past year and nothing has really worked.
And we crucified Pirlo for not having an identity
But Master Allegri is beyond criticism to his throaters...

For one simple fucking reason.. his past history with us where nothing special shown after 2017 Cardiff

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Ita easier to stick by a manager if you can see the team has ideas.

How can anybody accept this level of football. I swear if we got relegated and played our first 3 Serie B games like shit people would say "IT'S JUST 3 GAMES BRO, we're only 2 good seasons from winning Serie A again. Wait till March.

No fuck that. We're statistically playing like a relegation candidate except our individual players are enough to turn losses into draws.

If Vlahovic didn't pull 2 free kicks out of his ass which statistically was improbable as fuck, we'd be fucked

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What you guys are not getting is its not that the results have been especially bad, it's the performances that go along with them.
:tup:

Results are worse than his previous stint, and the performances are significantly worse than even 2018-19, which was the worst season of his previous tenure in terms of lacklustre performances even if we finished with 90 pts without even trying for the last 5 matches.

1 bad year of transition was okay, but this year he needs to at a minimum get results and ideally improve performances significantly too. Otherwise, time should be up before winter mercato.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I've read some posts of people having hope after the second half against PSG
the best part is when fans say how much better we will be when pogba and chiesa are back. both who have missed pre season and one who will be back from a very serious injury in almost a year with no football...the other a man united reject.

too many here play videogames and think players magically perform after long term injuries

- - - Updated - - -

I think Allegri is ready to be replaced because he seems unmotivated to me (ever since he came back). But frankly I don't think many coaches would do better with our current squad. There's no formation we can really play at this point. Both are starting wingers (Di Maria and Chiesa) are plagued by injury. Their backups Cuadrado and Kostic are more of wingbacks who can't bring any goal- or offensive threat. We don't have #10 or SS to be playing a 2-striker formation either.
i can't agree with this and we all need to hold the manager to higher standard. it's his job as highest paid coach in league to make players perform. i want to remind you that conte won the league with matri, quag, bonucci as starters and pepe, estigaribbia as regualars.

klopp won CL and league with liverpool after decads of no trophies with henderson, wjnaldum, matip, origi etc.

milan won the league with giroud, 39 year old MLS ibra, kululu.

it's up to the manager to make his players perform. allegri is facing same problems these other coaches do. injuries and lack of options isn't affecting to allegri only.

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We signed a lot of players but we didn't even had a system or tactical identity prior to the transfer window in the summer. I remember when we had Conte and Beppe, we signed players that actually suited the 3-5-2 and improved our starting line-up.

For instance, we signed Kostic who was a LWB and are currently playing him as a LW in a 4-3-3. We signed Bremer, who played in a 3-man defense at Torino and are currently expecting him to be WC in a 2-man defense. Quite obviously all these transfers aren't working out at this point.

Ironically that used to be one of his strong points and what made him adaptive to big player sales again and again provided that they were gradual (changing parts of a functioning unit at a time) and that he still had enough experienced intelligent players that figured things out for their own. That made him perfect for plusvalenza opportunity signings approach and never saying no to a player who wants to leave. He just slotted in other experienced players we bought on the cheap and the cycle continued. Ofc over time the quality of "smart experienced players" in key positions declined, the remnants of automations from Conte's very rigid system (he was much more rigid in his time with us than later) dissipated, performances became increasingly worse and we became more dependent on Ronaldo or Dybala or Caudrado magic, i.e. a shrinking number of ageing and injury-prone players.

He hasnt tried to impose a system he doesn't coach to systems/automations but thats what a young dysfunctional team needs right now. You are right our transfer strategy doesnt reflect a plan or a system in mind.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:tup:

Results are worse than his previous stint, and the performances are significantly worse than even 2018-19, which was the worst season of his previous tenure in terms of lacklustre performances even if we finished with 90 pts without even trying for the last 5 matches.

1 bad year of transition was okay, but this year he needs to at a minimum get results and ideally improve performances significantly too. Otherwise, time should be up before winter mercato.
Im confused,

You did a 180 on allegri? just curious.

if so, when that happened? i think you were one of his most fervent defenders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 209)