out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yes, now that you mentioned it I don't think anyone has ever blamed Allegri for anything around these parts lmao

Yes, the team will be very good, that doesn't mean the coach will be to blame for everything that comes. Because good players have never underperformed, missed chances or conceded goals. Ofc next season Juve must win, but the sheer confidence in absolute terms of 'the only reason WILL BE Allegri' is just hilarious
I wouldn't say a thing if we get beat by City, Bayern or someone on that level. But if we struggle against Lyon and Everton, or we play like pussies yet again where we defend the 1-0 lead and backpass to our goalkeeper, that's entirely on Allegri and the mindset.

It's not just that he should deliver results in Serie A. Of course I'm not underestimating Scudetto but he should deliver in Europe. He could hide behind the weak team before but at this point it's on him to make the team work.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Oh right. I forgot. It's always the management not providing good players. So Chiesa, Vlahovic, Di Maria, Pogba and possibly Zaniolo aren't good enough. And it will be managements fault when we defend 1-0 lead against Cesena.
Depends on which Pogba shows up. Also, what the expectation from Zaniolo is. The man is an attacker who doesn't score many goals nor provides enough assists. Not to mention his injury history and the fact that he's just a few months younger than Chiesa but has played less than half the number of games in Serie A.
That said, just with Vlahovic, Di Maria, Chiesa back in the second half (and hopefully Cuads not being shipped out and used as a winger), our attack should be good enough to win the league. And no Dybala to try and create a formation for. And hopefully a Pogba hungry enough to perform should be a good band-aid for our midfield.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I wouldn't say a thing if we get beat by City, Bayern or someone on that level. But if we struggle against Lyon and Everton, or we play like pussies yet again where we defend the 1-0 lead and backpass to our goalkeeper, that's entirely on Allegri and the mindset.

It's not just that he should deliver results in Serie A. Of course I'm not underestimating Scudetto but he should deliver in Europe. He could hide behind the weak team before but at this point it's on him to make the team work.
Look I agree in general, I just found your statement that Allegri will absolutely be blamed for any failure funny.

It is a very superficial and dismissive statement I would expect from people I have on ignore who forced good members off the forum.

Even in scenarios mentioned I would tend to agree, but context also matters, so let's wait.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Look I agree in general, I just found your statement that Allegri will absolutely be blamed for any failure funny.

It is a very superficial and dismissive statement I would expect from people I have on ignore who forced good members off the forum.

Even in scenarios mentioned I would tend to agree, but context also matters, so let's wait.
Who left? lol

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sergio, Dai and maybe Post Ironic.

But I think Post Ironic is just having Post RUS detox by running off with BB81s favourite ladyboy, renacting the Kamasutra in a sweat lodge in Canadian wilderness.
Oh I knew Sergio left long ago then came back, then left again. I had no idea Dai and PI left, though. I was not active much and usually only browse through transfers when I get the chance.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I don't know about everybody else but I sometimes stop for months at a time because of a dwindling interest in football coupled with the fact that from a pure entertainment POV we've been pretty dire to watch for a while

I end up enjoying other games more as a neutral. Hell my local shit team occasionally entertains me for £10 a ticket

It doesn't help that in the UK the rights to Serie A change so often it actually happened twice in one season recently now it's back to BT sport which is overpriced.

Oh and the No televised football on Sunday from 3-5.15 pm actually applies to foreign football too lol so you end up streaming games anyway

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I don't know about everybody else but I sometimes stop for months at a time because of a dwindling interest in football coupled with the fact that from a pure entertainment POV we've been pretty dire to watch for a while

I end up enjoying other games more as a neutral. Hell my local shit team occasionally entertains me for £10 a ticket

It doesn't help that in the UK the rights to Serie A change so often it actually happened twice in one season recently now it's back to BT sport which is overpriced.

Oh and the No televised football on Sunday from 3-5.15 pm actually applies to foreign football too lol so you end up streaming games anyway
Absolutely. Most times when I’m jogging at the park nearby there’s always a few people playing football. When I stop to catch my breath I watch it a bit and although it’s a bunch of unskilled dudes being as amateur as they can be they fight for the ball like there’s no tomorrow. It’s back the basics again, the fun of playing a sport and competing without social media distractions and all the money and fame involved at professional level.

And you know what sucks the most? Back in the 90s I’d sell my lung to have some way to watch us week in week out. Back then it was whatever was on the tv at the time, it could be a Fiorentina or Parma match, if I was lucky enough to catch a reprise of us late at night. Now with everything at the tip of my fingers and the ability to record, watch, rewatch any match anytime our football quality has become mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 96)