out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
Are you serious? There are many Italian coaches out there that play high pressing, fast paced aggressive football.

This is why we're getting played off the park by minnow teams in Serie A.

Even the Italian national team had wide players that were genuine game changers and Mancini realized the importance of having them.
who are they? sarri? spalletti? I'm not talking about small, midtable teams. their high pressing football only 3-5 games per year maybe. and about italian national team, who are they? berardi? insigne?

villareal only made 5 mins high press and they got a penalty. allegri was still thinking villareal will open their defence to gift us a chance with those slow motion passes.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I’m still mad he’s so stubborn to make changes but at the same time I still believe with a better midfield we would not be going through this shit. It’s such a pathetic group of individuals that can only pass back or sideways and relay on nothing but crosses. Our gameplan is disgusting compared to the big European clubs and has been for a while.
Back and sideway passes are jihad ball instructions check ex players thread

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur and Rabiot should be nowhere near our 1st team. They lack every bit of quality that should be prerequisite for our team. Preferably they will be shipped off come the summer. How can we deal with pressure and play slick passes with these 2 around?
We don't play that way because we never setup or train for it. Arthur pjanic whomever is caged Infront of defence controlling jihad ball tempo will play that way regardless, rabiot or any makeshift will provide more or less same offensive output compared to a winger playing down that side. We've been here before with different personnel.

Last edited:

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Yes coach is reponsible for morata and vlahovic missing easy chances and rugani error of judgement.Either we decide to back the coach and give him one more season or continue the scapegoat policy.We are in this positon as the president and the management have completely lost direction after ronaldo project whose financial effects are still being felt.
No he isn’t responsible. But he is responsible for not having the team press and attack more, therefore create more chances to score. We can’t just rely on a couple of half chances and defend against a mid table team in the Spanish league. I was happy with the way we controlled the game in the first half but we still were exposed any time Villarreal played a fast counter.

Our possession game is sterile, all our midfielders do is back and side passes with some awkward position movements. The only goal we scored in this tie came from an excellent long pass delivered by a defender, Danilo.

Whether we stick with Allegri or not, we need to upgrade our midfield and sign fast and strong wingbacks. This is the way you can win in today’s game, you need speed and muscle. You combine the right tools and skills with the proper tactical approach, that way you’re setting yourself up for success. It has nothing to do with luck, luck chooses the strong and the brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
No he isn’t responsible. But he is responsible for not having the team press and attack more, therefore create more chances to score. We can’t just rely on a couple of half chances and defend against a mid table team in the Spanish league. I was happy with the way we controlled the game in the first half but we still were exposed any time Villarreal played a fast counter.

Our possession game is sterile, all our midfielders do is back and side passes with some awkward position movements. The only goal we scored in this tie came from an excellent long pass delivered by a defender, Danilo.

Whether we stick with Allegri or not, we need to upgrade our midfield and sign fast and strong wingbacks. This is the way you can win in today’s game, you need speed and muscle. You combine the right tools and skills with the proper tactical approach, that way you’re setting yourself up for success. It has nothing to do with luck, luck chooses the strong and the brave.

did you watch Ajax vs Benfica?Obviously element of luck cannot be done away with.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Give him better players, so what? We will get smashed by the likes of Liverpool and City just like Barca and real did to us.

Players aren't the problem. This team can't win CL with this coach even if we had top 3 best squad in the world.
On paper he had better players than Villarreal despite the injuries and we got fucked still. Thing is Allegri I've said for years doesn't know how to coach attacking play, watching Kulusevski ripping it up for spurs makes me sad

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love it how people say, oh, if we just had better players! Just because you have amazing players doesn't mean jack shit if you have a coach that doesn't let them play to their potential, or has them do absurd things because he's too worried about conceding a goal. Capello had a great squad here and we played like shit basically the entire time he was here. PSG has world class players and an unlimited budget and they still suck. So a mentality can make or break a team, and our current mentality is one that has been engrained in us since Allegri's first stint, which is another reason he should have never been rehired.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
did you watch Ajax vs Benfica?Obviously element of luck cannot be done away with.
I agree luck is an integral part of the game. But luck is also determined by probabilities, you increase your probability of scoring by creating more scoring chances. In other words, you create your own luck.

I watched some of the Ajax Benfica game, many of the chances Ajax created were “half chances” like shots from outside the box, headers, etc. Also, chance has to do with quality, the more quality you put into your chance creation, the more probability of success there is. For example, did we create any chances where Vlahovic was in a 1on1 situation with the Villarreal keeper? He would have had higher chances of scoring because he’s considered a great finisher.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
How often does it happen? That's not for me to say. I'm talking about the intent. You have a team defending all game. Why wouldn't you want to introduce fresh legs to change things up?
Who did Villareal have on the bench? The guys that came on didn't have the best game of their lives either but they managed to help unsettle our defense.
Would Kean running past a 37 year old Albiol unlocked a goal scoring situation? I don't know, maybe. But before we could make any of those subs, it was all too little too late.
Allegri fucked up the last 20 minutes royally. I really looked like he was anticipating extra time and saving up his subs for ET. He just got outsmarted, plain and simple.
Our intent was displayed for most of the match, forcing Villareal to defend with 10 players inside their box. If thats not intent to win, I really dont know what is.
As mentioned maybe only Kean should have been brought on earlier. Every other player off the bench is a huge drop in quality. Fresh legs can get you so far. Maybe he should have brought Berna earlier so we can witness him running out of pitch with a ball at his feet :p Would that prevent Rugani conceding a pen? Idk. This team, midfield especially is nowhere near the required standard. Im not saying Villareal is, but when a team lacks so much in a lot of departments, from fullbacks, CBs, midfielders, I cant only blame coach for badly timing his subs.

- - - Updated - - -

I love it how people say, oh, if we just had better players! Just because you have amazing players doesn't mean jack shit if you have a coach that doesn't let them play to their potential, or has them do absurd things because he's too worried about conceding a goal. Capello had a great squad here and we played like shit basically the entire time he was here. PSG has world class players and an unlimited budget and they still suck. So a mentality can make or break a team, and our current mentality is one that has been engrained in us since Allegri's first stint, which is another reason he should have never been rehired.
Except we dont have a wc team for a while now so I have very little expectations until we improve in certain areas. Id be curious to see Guardiola playing scrubbs like Arhur or Rabiot to their potential...

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Our intent was displayed for most of the match, forcing Villareal to defend with 10 players inside their box. If thats not intent to win, I really dont know what is.
As mentioned maybe only Kean should have been brought on earlier. Every other player off the bench is a huge drop in quality. Fresh legs can get you so far. Maybe he should have brought Berna earlier so we can witness him running out of pitch with a ball at his feet :p Would that prevent Rugani conceding a pen? Idk. This team, midfield especially is nowhere near the required standard. Im not saying Villareal is, but when a team lacks so much in a lot of departments, from fullbacks, CBs, midfielders, I cant only blame coach for badly timing his subs.
Did I say Allegri did not intend to win? We obviously created chances in the first half and had we scored that, we would be talking a different story here. But then what next when the initial plan dint work out?
You guys keep saying the subs are bad and unfit but even when we had a healthy bench earlier on in the season, Allegri miscalculated the use of his bench. It has been a recurring trend all season long.
You still dint address Villareal's quality of subs while somehow our subs Serie C quality. Very convenient. You can't really single out any one sub who made the difference for them but just the introduction of three fresh players alone gave energy and an impetus to the team.
You believe Allegri did not make those subs because we lacked quality. I believe he waited until almost minute 80 to make changes because he was thinking of extra time. Let's just agree to disagree here.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
With our financial position there are no quick fixes hopefully we get a good bid for de ligt to fund the transfer budget.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Did I say Allegri did not intend to win? We obviously created chances in the first half and had we scored that, we would be talking a different story here. But then what next when the initial plan dint work out?
You guys keep saying the subs are bad and unfit but even when we had a healthy bench earlier on in the season, Allegri miscalculated the use of his bench. It has been a recurring trend all season long.
You still dint address Villareal's quality of subs while somehow our subs Serie C quality. Very convenient. You can't really single out any one sub who made the difference for them but just the introduction of three fresh players alone gave energy and an impetus to the team.
You believe Allegri did not make those subs because we lacked quality. I believe he waited until almost minute 80 to make changes because he was thinking of extra time. Let's just agree to disagree here.
Then he looks at our bench and knows we are screwed. Exactly the last sentence where we disagree. No viable options on the bench imo.

Its easier for defending team to introduce subs and get favorable result then when you need an extra quality to unlock defenses but that quality sadly is missing.

I have no issue with moving on from Allegri if it isnt working out but making him a scapegoat would mask all the deficiencies this team has and management badly running this club for the past 4-5 years. We are witnessing this pattern of changing coaches every year but is it getting better?

- - - Updated - - -

Did your little expectations include a 3-0 home loss to Villarreal?
I dont think anyone did which is beside the point. You brought up teams stacked with quality that vastly underperformed and tried to make some connection. Thats bizzare.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Who saw near the end of the first half where almost all twenty outfield players were in our half, and Villarreal were just walking there with the ball and all of our players stood around and refused to make a move lest they become out of position?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah everything is a fluke becoming the only manager in europe to win four domestic double is also fluke and reaching two champions league finals is also a fluke.
I didn't say winning the league was a fluke. Don't put words in my mouth. A good coach would.

What I am saying is that his impressive CL runs with us were a long time ago and he's had enough terrible results since then to question that CL expert description. Even those finals were smashings.

A CL expert would get his team to regularly punch above it's weight but since we got smashed by Madrid in that 17/18 final we've had terrible performances and some complete collapses very often. The instances we did punch above were attempts to undo a disastrous first leg, Ronaldo bailed us out once and killed us in the other.

Barca 3:0, Madrid 3:0, United 2-1, Chelsea 4-0, Atletico 2-0, Ajax & Villarreal both legs. That's in just 3 seasons from supposedly one of the best CL coaches in the world :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 274)