out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Great job today. Now that he has found a working lineup for his tactics, I think we'll be seeing a lot of 1-0 and maybe 2-0 wins again thankfully.
Maybe. I don’t think this side is anywhere near his old side, and I doubt we can keep that intensity and cohesion throughout the entire season. We kind of beat Chelsea at their own game as sometimes they sit back, but it won’t work against everyone IMO.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Maybe. I don’t think this side is anywhere near his old side, and I doubt we can keep that intensity and cohesion throughout the entire season. We kind of beat Chelsea at their own game as sometimes they sit back, but it won’t work against everyone IMO.
I agree, but I'm thinking it should be enough to get us into the top 4 at the very least. Maybe a Coppa Italia win as well.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Max Allegri compares Juventus to ‘sailors in stormy seas’ and explains his tactical decisions to neutralise Chelsea and hit them on the break in a 1-0 Champions League victory.

It was Federico Chiesa who got the winning goal 11 seconds after the restart, before Chelsea had managed to get a single touch.

For all of their possession, the reigning Champions League holders didn’t have a shot on target, Romelu Lukaku and Kai Havertz turning over.

“Usually, when sailors are in stormy seas, they can always find the way out. That’s what we did tonight with a great game against the Champions of Europe,” Allegri told Amazon Prime Italia.

“We can play better than this in purely technical terms, but we frankly didn’t allow many real clear-cut chances and we wasted a couple of dangerous counter-attacks too.

“After two games, six points and zero goals conceded, that’s a good step towards qualification for the Round of 16.”

The Bianconeri went into this showdown with only one striker available, Moise Kean, yet the coach opted to bench him in favour of Federico Bernardeschi as a False 9, flanked by Juan Cuadrado and Chiesa.

I thought we could have an advantage by playing three upfront, then I moved Chiesa to centre-forward with Bernardeschi behind and it went better.”

There were also improvements in the middle of the park, where Manuel Locatelli and Rodrigo Bentancur are starting to get to know each other.

“Bentancur struggles by himself, today Locatelli did better in blocking off Lukaku. Adrien Rabiot did not start well, but he improved as the game went on.”

Chelsea had 66 per cent possession, but it’s also fair to say that was the approach Allegri wanted.

Juventus must know how to win games like this, when you have to suffer and fight for the result. That’s what the lads did this evening.
“With all due respect to the Champions of Europe, Wojciech Szczesny didn’t have a real save to make.”

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know how much you hate Allegri but you have seen him enough times to know that it's not the case and that it's not his only approach.

Also the myth that he does not know how to motivate is a bit outdated now.

- - - Updated - - -

This team is crying for sarri and some attacking football
I read a tweet today saying, imagine Chiesa under Klopp where he does not have to defend. A Juve fan wrote it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I know how much you hate Allegri but you have seen him enough times to know that it's not the case and that it's not his only approach.

Also the myth that he does not know how to motivate is a bit outdated now.

- - - Updated - - -

I read a tweet today saying, imagine Chiesa under Klopp where he does not have to defend. A Juve fan wrote it.
I don't hate Allegri. I wish people would stop saying that. I've said why I didn't want him back and why I dislike his cautious approaches, and neither of those constitutes hate or preferring Sarri. I never liked Sarri.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Kean would've buried that Berna chance :D

Kidding aside, I am delighted to be all sweaty and nervous 30 minutes after the game. This man has brought back a lot of passion that was missing since he left.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
after two long years this team defending was beautiful to watch. when everyone moves as a unit instead of running around like headless chickens. thanks, Max.
Ill be honest, this was one the reasons i wanted Allegri back. we NEEDED defensive solidity at the back, but lets be honest here, we have been leaking goals lefta nd right until today which we looked really great.

All the backliners had a fine game.

Still, i dont like to see this team parking the bus to this extremes, but for now is understandable because of injuries and Pirlo/Sarri infection. Juve needs to fine a solid defensive gameplan first and foremost, and for this allegri is good.

After that,we need to phase out the useless midfielders we have, and Allegri will need to step up his offensive game once this happens, because we need this for a change to be able to win the CL.

PD: I have said this before, and im trying to be totally uimpartial here, allegri needs to be given the chance to work to december at the very least before taking conclutions.
He has been doing shitty decitions in previous games, this win doesnt change that fact. But what he is doing with the defense is the right thing, i can tell you that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 453)