out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok listen up losers. i'm tired of hearing defending is crucial. we know it's crucial and we know allegri is good at it. problem is this current defense is NOT.

cuadrado is not litch defensivley. chiellini bonucci are past their prime, woj is not buffon and de ligt needs to prove he can be like barzagli was for us.

so you end up with a shakey defense. no matter how good allegri is, this is a mounting problem compunded by a mdifield that can't protect defense with possession play over 90 mins.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Yes defending is crucial but we can't sit back defending the lead for the entire second half as Allegri has himself mentioned that this Juve is different from the Juve he left and obviously we need to learn to grind out 1-0 victories but it has been two years since Allegri left and neither Sarri nor Pirlo were good in organising the defense so it will take some time before we can sort out this mess and the fragile mentality of our players.
It’s definitely going to take some time to organise but it’s essential we start keeping our opponents out.

Id understand your argument if we were some attacking behemoth but we’re fairly useless at that as well. We only score 1 or 2 goals a game. Winning is hard when you concede every time

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s definitely going to take some time to organise but it’s essential we start keeping our opponents out.

Id understand your argument if we were some attacking behemoth but we’re fairly useless at that as well. We only score 1 or 2 goals a game. Winning is hard when you concede every time
This. Our attack isn’t anywhere near good enough to just ignore any kind of stability and base at the back and in midfield to build from.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this is why we need to hope arthur comes back and stays fit. yeah yeah sideways passing this and that, but you saw against milan. we need players to recycle possession. and a midfield of locatelli and arthur would help keep pressure off defense and it will help from keeping dybala having to drop so deep to build possession play

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
this is why we need to hope arthur comes back and stays fit. yeah yeah sideways passing this and that, but you saw against milan. we need players to recycle possession. and a midfield of locatelli and arthur would help keep pressure off defense and it will help from keeping dybala having to drop so deep to build possession play
turtle-friends.gif

singus

Sep 22, 2020
And you think our mid and attack is suited to a heavy possession, attacking style? :shifty:
Nope, never said anything like that. Ive said that we must make improvements in every area of the our game. Starting with physical condition and attitude as we can only play 30 good minutes or so. If we have easy gains to make in defense over attack, Im not sure, maybe, maybe not. We suck at both.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nope, never said anything like that. Ive said that we must make improvements in every area of the our game. Starting with physical condition and attitude as we can only play 30 good minutes or so. If we have easy gains to make in defense over attack, Im not sure, maybe, maybe not. We suck at both.
I agree with this for sure then. I think the issue for me with the idea that we should just throw the floodgates open and play expansive attacking football is that this doesn’t happen without a base to build from. The teams that play successful attacking football all come from a well-drilled and organized base behind that attack. So I’d rather Allegri rebuild our defensive and midfield solidity to have more control of games, even if it means we struggle to a number of 1-0 wins over the next while, and once he gets that to whatever level it can get to with this group of players, start focussing on the attacking phase more.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I agree with this for sure then. I think the issue for me with the idea that we should just throw the floodgates open and play expansive attacking football is that this doesn’t happen without a base to build from. The teams that play successful attacking football all come from a well-drilled and organized base behind that attack. So I’d rather Allegri rebuild our defensive and midfield solidity to have more control of games, even if it means we struggle to a number of 1-0 wins over the next while, and once he gets that to whatever level it can get to with this group of players, start focussing on the attacking phase more.
Yep I dont think anyone is against that. And Im certainly not against 2-1 or 3-2 wins too. As long as we start winning some games and show progress. We are not in a position to be picky about style or goal difference.

Jun 6, 2015
Yep. Look at what Tuchel has done at Chelsea for example. He made them super solid defensively and because of that they haven't needed to score that many goals to get great results. They will now probably slowly transition to a more expansive style of football with the solid foundations in place and an actual striker that can score them the goals.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yep. Look at what Tuchel has done at Chelsea for example. He made them super solid defensively and because of that they haven't needed to score that many goals to get great results. They will now probably slowly transition to a more expansive style of football with the solid foundations in place and an actual striker that can score them the goals.
I like Tuchel. 3-4-3 is unusual formation nowadays but it worked very well for him. The way Chelsea pressed up the field and movement also well drilled. Tuchel also a good reader of the match. Last match against Spurs, they play 3-4-3, but somehow Spurs got more strength in midfield with Hojberg, Skipp, Lo Celso then he put Kante on for Mount in 2nd half and won the match. There also 2 goals from 2 corner kick.

Klopp also doing great. Didnt do a lot of star signing but can integrate some good youngster potential. This season Tsimikas, Eliott played very well. Even Origi can play a good game against Milan and tonight against Norwich.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I like Tuchel. 3-4-3 is unusual formation nowadays but it worked very well for him. The way Chelsea pressed up the field and movement also well drilled. Tuchel also a good reader of the match. Last match against Spurs, they play 3-4-3, but somehow Spurs got more strength in midfield with Hojberg, Skipp, Lo Celso then he put Kante on for Mount in 2nd half and won the match. There also 2 goals from 2 corner kick.

Klopp also doing great. Didnt do a lot of star signing but can integrate some good youngster potential. This season Tsimikas, Eliott played very well. Even Origi can play a good game against Milan and tonight against Norwich.
i play 3-4-3 in PES master league. it's only formation i can destroy teams with in higher difficulty. i thought u should know

- - - Updated - - -

yes, but also it also helps them they have 2 of the best modern midfielders in jorghino and kante to protect their defense. we don't have that unless locatelli and arthur become top players for us

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tuchel and Allegri’s teams aren’t even comparable tbh.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tuchel and Allegri’s teams aren’t even comparable tbh.
Chelsea has scored 52 goals in 37 matches under him. That’s significantly worse than any season of the Allegri era. He’s a good coach. And has done exactly as @il brutto said. Set up his team thus far to be very solid and organized at the back. Now he’s focussing on getting their attack improved with the Lukaku signing and shifting tactics.

If we had had a season of the Allegri era where we scored under 55 goals in 38 matches, I can only imagine the crying from y’all. :lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chelsea has scored 52 goals in 37 matches under him. That’s significantly worse than any season of the Allegri era. He’s a good coach. And has done exactly as @il brutto said. Set up his team thus far to be very solid and organized at the back. Now he’s focussing on getting their attack improved with the Lukaku signing and shifting tactics.

If we had had a season of the Allegri era where we scored under 55 goals in 38 matches, I can only imagine the crying from y’all. :lol:
They don’t play the same way though. Plus Werner used to miss 5 sitters a game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They don’t play the same way though. Plus Werner used to miss 5 sitters a game.
Nah. He didn’t. You’re just a grass is greener on the other side kinda guy. Chelsea, last year was Uber defensive every single time I watched them. They were a solid, well-organized team who squeaked out wins that way. They were significantly less attack-oriented than Allegri teams from his first stint which speaks volumes as to how defensively they played. Tuchel organized the team to suit the players he had at his disposal and did it well.

Looks like it might be changing this year, but revisionism about last year is silly.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Oh wow, I knew they scored very little. Didn't realise it was that little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 361)