out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think he would have, his preferred destination was Inda. Perhaps it could have been a different scenario if we offered a more enticing financial package than Inda to both the player and the club but I'm still not sure, he seemed pretty set on going to Inda.
Yeah. I just doubt that had much influence. There was nothing said by the player or his agent pre-transfer that suggested he was dead-set on Inter. Anything said after is just what young players say when they move to a “big” club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think the issue is nationality but wages. More often than not, foreign players will earn more because we have to buy them from teams overseas. So nowadays, we are buying more foreign, overpaid, satisfied players.

And also I would disagree that Bernardeschi doesn't give effort. I think he does and he has problems other than that.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah. I just doubt that had much influence. There was nothing said by the player or his agent pre-transfer that suggested he was dead-set on Inter. Anything said after is just what young players say when they move to a “big” club.
We have to disagree on this then. Not everyones dreams of playing for Juventus. Giulini even implied in one of his interviews that Barella might not be that interested in joining us. The only thing we know for certain is that he rejected Roma for Inda.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/289...a-to-juventus-ruled-out-by-cagliari-president

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't think the issue is nationality but wages. More often than not, foreign players will earn more because we have to buy them from teams overseas. So nowadays, we are buying more foreign, overpaid, satisfied players.

And also I would disagree that Bernardeschi doesn't give effort. I think he does and he has problems other than that.
How much is Donnarumma aiming for ? 10 millions? How much does Verratti earn? Bonucci to a lesser extent

If an Italian is talented or has a good brand he'll be payed well. If he's loyal and doesn't want to make a fuss, sure he'll be undervalued but thats an exception

Truth is there's not enough quality italian players

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Meh not true. Depends on a player and his character. Its a problem of today's trends in football more than just nationality. Look at Bernadeschi. We need talented players, players that will actually enjoy playing this game. Some of our most gritty and hard working players were foreigners like Davids, Mandzukic or Montero. You cant build Italian core atm because there is obvious shortage of talent in Italy. And we wont be doing that if our intentions are to win.

- - - Updated - - -

We were coached by a rookie. Didnt lose Scudetto because they had few more Italian players. U need to get that notion out of your head.
This isn't about pirlo we have had issues for years starting with allegris last season and that has to do with players. Ask yourself why conte had an italjuve and an almost italinter

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Well nobody who says that we need more Italians will claim that we shouldnt buy any foreign players at all. That would be a stupid thing to say. Obviously there are very loyal and great foreign players as Lichtsteiner and Trezeguet were, and also some guys who did great for the few years they were here like Tevez.

If we look to our squad as it is today, we have 2 old defenders, a meme player with Bernardeschi and Chiesa who's great obviously. Pinsoglio is mostly used because he's homegrown. For the biggest club in Italy.. well, its not a lot.

There's been a awful generation with indeed to many Italian players below level to play for this club for a long time, but that changed. S4tch already posted a list with some interesting names, I wont repeat the same stuff.

And to be honest I dont think that its just Juventus who should do this, I think that every big club has some moral obligation to invest in (young) players from their country. Dont overdo it, but there definitely should be a balance. That balance is lost here, with some good options on the market to restore it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Bastoni would be a great young CB pairing with DeLigt. Barella walks into our mid without even trying. I'd love both of them here.
yes I’d take them too but let’s not act like they’re the best we can get. Juve’s track record with promising young Italians is pretty terrible and unless it starts to change there’s no reason to expect any different imo, especially when they’re often overpriced

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yes I’d take them too but let’s not act like they’re the best we can get. Juve’s track record with promising young Italians is pretty terrible and unless it starts to change there’s no reason to expect any different imo, especially when they’re often overpriced
Barella was the best kid in Serie A this year. And looks like one of the best young mids in football. And Inter got him for the same price we paid for Berna.

Chiesa, thank god we have him, is an absolute beast of a player, who was probably our best player (alongside De Ligt) for the last six months of the season after he settled in. He’s a brilliant winger.

Gimme those two Italians over any other under-24 players in their positions any day of the week. There aren’t a ton of top class Italian talents right now, but it’s definitely improved a lot on what was happening 5 years ago.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Barella was the best kid in Serie A this year. And looks like one of the best young mids in football. And Inter got him for the same price we paid for Berna.

Chiesa, thank god we have him, is an absolute beast of a player, who was probably our best player (alongside De Ligt) for the last six months of the season after he settled in. He’s a brilliant winger.

Gimme those two Italians over any other under-24 players in their positions any day of the week. There aren’t a ton of top class Italian talents right now, but it’s definitely improved a lot on what was happening 5 years ago.
Who cares about Barella and so on? We have Ronaldo and we build around him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The best part about Chiesa is that he just runs at defenders. The hardest thing to do in football, aside from scoring, is getting past a defender. A winger with that much dribbling ability, who can actually put in a good cross and score every once in a while is worth his weight in gold. He may not be brilliant all the time, he may even look somewhat clumsy at times, but his output is immense.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
No Mandzukic? :disagree:

- - - Updated - - -

And what does “maybe” Barzagli/Chiellini mean? They were amongst the very best CBs in the world, and both grinta personified.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Although we could have had a pretty amazing young Italian core started if Tootsie hadn’t fucked up on getting Barella. Barella, Chiesa, Locatelli (assuming we get him) would be a nice start.
Haha what is it with you, you found 1-2 players missing in a quickly thought up list and you go on to ridicule the rest :D Dont be a pain bro. I think my point still stands.

Regarding Chiello and Barz, I find it hard to judge. Chiellini is a love and hate relationship, he is stubborn and with limitations in terms of building play from the back and avoiding brainfarts. But offers great moments of grinta for sure. Barza elegant and a wall, but more technical and tactical than necessarily sweating blood for the jersey (or for themselves as Ronaldo), as those other players I tried listing. But thats just my opinion. We dont need Italians for the grinta, we just need smart signings.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro there is no building around Ronaldo get it through your head that experiment failed and it's over
It takes a while to digest and understand that the Ronaldo experiment is over (even if he is currently our player), unlike someone like Pjanic whom we must definitely get back to glue things together. (according to some and some fanboy journos)

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Haha what is it with you, you found 1-2 players missing in a quickly thought up list and you go on to ridicule the rest :D Dont be a pain bro. I think my point still stands.

Regarding Chiello and Barz, I find it hard to judge. Chiellini is a love and hate relationship, he is stubborn and with limitations in terms of building play from the back and avoiding brainfarts. But offers great moments of grinta for sure. Barza elegant and a wall, but more technical and tactical than necessarily sweating blood for the jersey (or for themselves as Ronaldo), as those other players I tried listing. But thats just my opinion. We dont need Italians for the grinta, we just need smart signings.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes a while to digest and understand that the Ronaldo experiment is over (even if he is currently our player), unlike someone like Pjanic whom we must definitely get back to glue things together. (according to some and some fanboy journos)
I don't think we need pjanic either I am all for a restructured and more youthful Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 271)