out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Allegri also seems to be underrated by the other top teams in Europe as well. Seriously, Poch over Allegri?
I think you are missing something - Yeah Allegri is a better coach but its also about mentality.
Can you imagine PSG playing a way less attacking style? (even if it has more balance)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Stupid people: fire max
Pramatic and smart peole: fire max if you can get somebody better
club: doesn't find anybody better
club: fires Max for Sarri
maxi: you wanted this
lgor: no
? I don't think anyone here was keen on the club replacing Allegri with Sarri. The hope was that Allegri would leave with a good replacement in line. I don't think recalling him at this point would solve our problems. We're just going back to where we started.

Oct 23, 2011
Square one was the 'post-2017 final decline' square one. Everyone here wanted him out for that
Only short-sighted people wanted him out. Do you blame him for the post-17 decline, and if so, which coach do you think could have done a better job than Max did?

The only year we got eliminated in the CL against an inferior team in his 5 years was against Ajax, and in that double tie a lot went their way from injuries, to us hitting the post in Amsterdam, and not getting a penalty + a blatant red card for Ajax. We would be a double tie away against Tottenham from 3 CL finals in 5 years. I can't think of any other manager that would be able to deliver what Max did with a clearly broken, over-the-hill and constantly declining squad since 2015. He was never given a complete squad post-2015 yet he delivered time and time again.

And don't tell me that it was time to move from his "pragmatic" approach. I think the last 1.5 years clearly prove that our deficiencies get exposed if we try to play in any other way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 290)