out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Its hard, because on one hand I dont want Sarri to fail because its frustrating watching us play badly and falling behind rivals. On the other hand our attack looks sterile, not much has changed since last season but our defense looks far worse. At times I notice we move the ball better in the middle, but thats it so far. If I compare last season start with this ones, we were miles better until Allegri lost his plot in spring. I feel Inter will push us all the way this season.
I find the "defense looks far worse" argument kind of invalid here. The difference here is Chiellini IMO and under Allegri we never looked too comfortable without our captain either. He's simply irreplaceable for us and that shows.

Attack is decent t creating chances I'd say but simply horrible when it comes to converting those chances.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I find the "defense looks far worse" argument kind of invalid here. The difference here is Chiellini IMO and under Allegri we never looked too comfortable without our captain either. He's simply irreplaceable for us and that shows.

Attack is decent t creating chances I'd say but simply horrible when it comes to converting those chances.
Sure, Chiellini's injury is a huge setback but regardless of his absence we defend worse as a unit. Im not only looking at when the ball gets into dangerous areas. We stand too narrow and opponent breaks out of our press easier, then our flanks look empty.

I dont see major improvement in creating chances so far and under Allegri we as well had woeful finishing record.

Overall we still have waaaay to go before looking as solid as we did between 2014-2018. I feel last year around November we started to look like crap, went into 2nd gear and never got out of it. I said it back then and prolly applies now, our midfield, at least until and if Rabiot & Ramsey replace Matuidi & Khedira is subpar and we wont get far.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Benatia: "With Allegri there were no specific game plan ideas, he relied more on talent. He would make you live and experience each match with great intensity. He prepares the matches well. Even if he didn't conducted himself well with me, he's a good person."

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Benatia: "With Allegri there were no specific game plan ideas, he relied more on talent. He would make you live and experience each match with great intensity. He prepares the matches well. Even if he didn't conducted himself well with me, he's a good person."
Says a useless clown who moved to play for some useless sand club in some useless sand country.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not much wrong in what he said, Max was best at preparing each game individually instead of sticking with the same game plan regardless of oposition. I prefer that kind of aproach tbh

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is completely right tho, for better or worse, both Milan and Juve side his teams didnt have any practiced/prepared attack gameplan. It was basically organising the sides, adapting to situations, but then totally giving players freedom to do whatever forward. At worst it lead to the team getting bogged down since they dont have set trained patterns they can fall back on, and resorting to aimless crossing.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He is conpletely right tho, for better or worse, both Milan and Juve side his teams didnt have any practiced/prepared attack gameplan. It was basically organising the sides, adapting to situations, but then totally giving players freedom to do whatever forward. At worst it lead to the team getting bogged down since they dont have set trained patterns they can fall back on, and resorting to aimless crossing.
Exactly. Adaptability is great, but when things don't work out players gotta be able to fall back on automation.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He is conpletely right tho, for better or worse, both Milan and Juve side his teams didnt have any practiced/prepared attack gameplan. It was basically organising the sides, adapting to situations, but then totally giving players freedom to do whatever forward. At worst it lead to the team getting bogged down since they dont have set trained patterns they can fall back on, and resorting to aimless crossing.
I wish we'd do some aimless crossing under Sarri though. That Ronaldo fella is said to be a decent header.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wish we'd do some aimless crossing under Sarri though. That Ronaldo fella is said to be a decent header.
Yeah it's kinda infuriating how stubborn we are trying to slowly pass through a center that's crowded with 10 deep covering defense. With players that lack the technique for it. Basically no width outside Cuadrado who has erratic delivering ability.

It's the very reason we beat Sarris Napoli si often, they were easy to read and contain, couldn't use any width if you defended deep.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah it's kinda infuriating how stubborn we are trying to slowly pass through a center that's crowded with 10 deep covering defense. With players that lack the technique for it. Basically no width outside Cuadrado who has erratic delivering ability.

It's the very reason we beat Sarris Napoli si often, they were easy to read and contain, couldn't use any width if you defended deep.
Yep, rivals just put a lot of people in the middle and that's it but I disagree about Napoli, they were way wider than we currently are and not only for the formation we are using, our FB don't use to get so deep as Napoli did

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

When Costa is playing regularly you will see more crossing. That guy has a much better ability in that regard than just about everyone else on the team.

It's annoying when 14 times out of 15 our players cross directly into the defender.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Napoli had better wingers and wide options, but they all cut in to play possession ball centrally. Likes of Insigne/Mertens were false wingers/2nd forwards that were wingers in name only. Best crosser was Insigne cutting in, but his go to moves as skillfull as he was predictable (more so when they lacked heading presence), more useful in transition when defenses weren't set. Only left Callejon was normal winger in ability but mainly played off the ball running behind lines to cut in to far post.

What I mean with width is how he uses fullbacks mainly, Sarris use of them, for someone that's supposed to be attacking Pep like coach, is super conservative, they are there keep shape/balance and possession. Gameplan is too centralized go have much use for them. Asymmetrical in that one allways stays home and the other attacks little more, but for us it's mainly because Cuadrado is just that gunho in natural attacking ability more then by design. Because if it was something we wanted to use more of, the width, we wouldn't move around possession so slowly and only use the other flank as last resort when they cant go anywhere, usually the long ball to the flank is so predictably slow that Cuadrado cant utilize the space he had prior.

Sandro basically has the Hysaj role. Super boring balancing role.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
When we have extended amounts of possession we look toothless, fartarsing around the box gets frustrating after a while, wish we would be abit more direct at times, including crosses.
Some of our best goals have been quick counter attacks, like against Atletico, sadly we don't have much opportunity to counter against most serie a teams

Apr 19, 2007
When we have extended amounts of possession we look toothless, fartarsing around the box gets frustrating after a while, wish we would be abit more direct at times, including crosses.
Some of our best goals have been quick counter attacks, like against Atletico, sadly we don't have much opportunity to counter against most serie a teams
Also our defense was very weak during those times. The more comfortable we get playing the more we can open up I would think

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
"He didn't bring any specific idea to the game, he focused more on talent. He prepared for the game well and on the human side of things, regardless of the facts that he behaved poorly towards me, he is a good person," Benatia told Tuttosport on Allegri

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
When Costa is playing regularly you will see more crossing. That guy has a much better ability in that regard than just about everyone else on the team.

It's annoying when 14 times out of 15 our players cross directly into the defender.
It’s too bad Costa threw away his own season last year with retardation. After a good first few matches, getting suspended for trying to assault and spitting on another player, falling completely out of form because of this, crashing his car while taking selfies, and then injured for the remainder.

I have no doubt we would have been far better during the latter stages of the season and probably gone past Ajax if we had the fantastic Costa of the last 6 months of 17-18 last year. :(

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He is completely right tho, for better or worse, both Milan and Juve side his teams didnt have any practiced/prepared attack gameplan. It was basically organising the sides, adapting to situations, but then totally giving players freedom to do whatever forward. At worst it lead to the team getting bogged down since they dont have set trained patterns they can fall back on, and resorting to aimless crossing.
Allegri always gave freedom to the players. He was not a defensive coach that wanted to strangle the other team. He wanted to play. Lots of our big matches were back and forth.

This is why Allegri > Conte. Conte will raise the standard of the bad players because of his strict organization but he hinders the ability of the top players for the same reason.

Allegri will give you the chance to sink or swim on your own. If you are a great player you prefer Allegri. If you are a shit player, there is no strict organization that you can hide yourself in.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Allegri always gave freedom to the players. He was not a defensive coach that wanted to strangle the other team. He wanted to play. Lots of our big matches were back and forth.

This is why Allegri > Conte. Conte will raise the standard of the bad players because of his strict organization but he hinders the ability of the top players for the same reason.

Allegri will give you the chance to sink or swim on your own. If you are a great player you prefer Allegri. If you are a shit player, there is no strict organization that you can hide yourself in.
cd4766dc-64cf-48ae-99aa-64470112cc97.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 268)