out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
With Allegri in his first season, we lost to Olympiakos 1-0 then barely won against them 3-2, we ended up with only 1 more point than them in the table. We fucked up there too. But like I said we made it out of the group and that's the only thing that matters. With Conte that last game went down to details (in the snow!) and we didn't make it. Not much of a difference, in both cases we had trouble in the group stage and we're judging the latter on a freak accident which transformed the remainder of the season.
The difference is, in 2013-14, we won 1 game out of 6. In 2014-15, we won 3.
Besides, Conte royally screwed up in the EL in search of that meaningless points record. I will never forgive him for that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
An Allegri return is an interesting thought.

On one hand the relationship between him and Agnelli seems very strong. Agnelli did call him a close friend so who knows.

On the other hand I don't see our management being the type to go back in after Allegri especially as the fracture seemed to be over a difference of direction. If its true that him and Agnelli are close but they still sacked him? That tells me there was a strong difference in opinion.

overall i doubt we will see Allegri back at Juve anytime soon

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
An Allegri return is an interesting thought.

On one hand the relationship between him and Agnelli seems very strong. Agnelli did call him a close friend so who knows.

On the other hand I don't see our management being the type to go back in after Allegri especially as the fracture seemed to be over a difference of direction. If its true that him and Agnelli are close but they still sacked him? That tells me there was a strong difference in opinion.

overall i doubt we will see Allegri back at Juve anytime soon
not gonna happen unless we're doing a Milan with Sarri (aka being shitty and almost at the bottom of Serie A)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...the fracture seemed to be over a difference of direction. If its true that him and Agnelli are close but they still sacked him? That tells me there was a strong difference in opinion...
i always had a feeling that allegri was sacked because the team lost motivation under him. i don't remember who it was exactly, but either nedved or agnelli said after cr was signed that the team needed a shake up, and cr provided it. now, we couldn't afford to sign an other cr type of player in 2 years, so we replaced the coach to shake things up a bit.

i bet that allegri wasn't sacked because of the results or the "ugly football" some fans complained about. on that ground, conte should have been sacked at 11:00 pm cet in istanbul, right after the cl group elimination. results at juve are planned and expected using a rather conservative approach. for this season, a cl quarter final and the scudetto are expected from a financial point of view, and as long as sarri is able to match these expectations, his position is safe. past results were fine with allegri - but agnelli wasn't optimistic about future results, so he changed.

agnelli saw that allegri burned out, and max confirmed in an interview that he certainly needed to recharge his batteries. no surprise that he didn't take any jobs during the summer.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I hope he stays available for next summer. When this Sarri nonsense eventually fails would be nice to be coached by the elite level once again.
Its hard, because on one hand I dont want Sarri to fail because its frustrating watching us play badly and falling behind rivals. On the other hand our attack looks sterile, not much has changed since last season but our defense looks far worse. At times I notice we move the ball better in the middle, but thats it so far. If I compare last season start with this ones, we were miles better until Allegri lost his plot in spring. I feel Inter will push us all the way this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 319)