out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
How many of you would be ready to bet on a rather inexperienced on European level coach? Let;s say that we don't like Allegri, nor Conte and we can't sign the likes of Klopp, Zidane, Guardiola or Pochettino. Would you settle for someone with a more adventurous approach, even if he was an Italian? Let's start with names like Gasperini/Sarri/Gianpaolo and the list can grow as you like, just be realistic (yeah, we're not paying 30m for getting Poch or Guardiola, obviously).

I'm asking this question because there's a lot of complaining but we're missing any concrete names. The change has to start with the coach IMO, we need someone more brave than Allegri, someone who can make those individuals play like a team again.
Considering we probably have one shot left of CHL glory with the current crop of players, including Ronaldo and Chiellini, this is probably not the year to take any big risk on the manager side. When we decide to start the restructering process, I would not mind a more inexperinced coach, if he had the right approach and ideas.
The Conte appointment, when we started the new cycle was controversial, but it paid of big time.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Clearly there is no way he's staying if we want to keep Ronaldo happy? Cristiano could for the first time in almost 10 years without scoring over 30 goals in a season and 9 seasons without scoring over 40 goals. Ronaldo is a massive brand and he needs those numbers.

At the end of the day Allegri has done an amazing job but if success in the CL is what we want then maybe we need to look elsewhere. There is a theme regarding why we always come up short and that has to do with the fact that we play too careful when it really matters. Maybe Allegri has maxed out, maybe he hasn't but I think our style in europe is what is keeping us from winning and our style is usually the responsibility of the coach.

I hate to even think the thought because its crazy to want to let go of a successful coach who has won as much as Max has done with us.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
And he destroyed and embarrassed Allegri a guy with 5 consecutive league title in both games.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte was a big question mark when was hired by our managers. And he proved you don't need a bag of full trophies to coach a team like Juve.
So was Allegri, infact majority were embarrased and disappointed upon hiring him.

I agree pedigree isn't everything, i trust the management to find a good replacement. They've done a great job so far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Clearly there is no way he's staying if we want to keep Ronaldo happy? Cristiano could for the first time in almost 10 years without scoring over 30 goals in a season and 9 seasons without scoring over 40 goals. Ronaldo is a massive brand and he needs those numbers.

At the end of the day Allegri has done an amazing job but if success in the CL is what we want then maybe we need to look elsewhere. There is a theme regarding why we always come up short and that has to do with the fact that we play too careful when it really matters. Maybe Allegri has maxed out, maybe he hasn't but I think our style in europe is what is keeping us from winning and our style is usually the responsibility of the coach.

I hate to even think the thought because its crazy to want to let go of a successful coach who has won as much as Max has done with us.
Can you guarantee success in champions League Max Allegri has certainly raised our ceiling in Europe where anything less than winning champions League is considered a failure but he is not only person responsible for our style of play our midfield and defence has been weakened to strengthen our attack for which both marotta and paratici are responsible

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Unlike conte, Allegri is a bit of a yes man. For that reason the management like him. I can see him with us next season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2015
This is the third team of the Allegri cycle and I agree with many that it is the worst of the three. However some people have gone totally crazy in underrating Allegri. What he has done at Juve is definitely not easy and I doubt many other managers would have had the success he has.

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Evra
Pirlo
Marchisio Pogba
Vidal
Tevez Morata

notable others: Llorente, Pereyra, Padoin, Ogbonna

Buffon
Dani Alves Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic
Cuadrado Dybala Mandzukic
Higuain

notable others: Sturaro, Lemina, Marchisio, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli

Szczesny
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Bentancur Matuidi
Bernardeschi Mandzukic Ronaldo

notable others: Dybala, Emre Can, De Sciglio, Rugani​

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
To bridge that gap and play a style like Ajax will take at least 1 whole season of transition if we are lucky and finding the right manager most likely a foreigner which Juve almost never do

All our managers have had Serie A experience before it would be a shock to me to see us hire someone like Pochettino who doesn't speak the language or ever played the league

That's why someone like Gasperini or Guardiola would come in if we want that style of play

I just don't want to see this pragmatic defensive football anymore, it's very hard to win the CL when you surrender the initiative to your opponents because they have so much quality they can hurt you so easily if given a chance

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This is the third team of the Allegri cycle and I agree with many that it is the worst of the three. However some people have gone totally crazy in underrating Allegri. What he has done at Juve is definitely not easy and I doubt many other managers would have had the success he has.

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Evra
Pirlo
Marchisio Pogba
Vidal
Tevez Morata

notable others: Llorente, Pereyra, Padoin, Ogbonna

Buffon
Dani Alves Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic
Cuadrado Dybala Mandzukic
Higuain

notable others: Sturaro, Lemina, Marchisio, Lichtsteiner, Barzagli

Szczesny
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Pjanic
Bentancur Matuidi
Bernardeschi Mandzukic Ronaldo

notable others: Dybala, Emre Can, De Sciglio, Rugani​
Love your posts though i don't get why you bother with some of these peeps

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Can you guarantee success in champions League Max Allegri has certainly raised our ceiling in Europe where anything less than winning champions League is considered a failure but he is not only person responsible for our style of play our midfield and defence has been weakened to strengthen our attack for which both marotta and paratici are responsible
Absolutely not, that is why this question is impossible to answer.

I love Allegri and wish we could get the Allegri back the we had a few years back who played such a great brand of football, not sure why he has changed his mentality lately

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
How many of you would be ready to bet on a rather inexperienced on European level coach? Let;s say that we don't like Allegri, nor Conte and we can't sign the likes of Klopp, Zidane, Guardiola or Pochettino. Would you settle for someone with a more adventurous approach, even if he was an Italian? Let's start with names like Gasperini/Sarri/Gianpaolo and the list can grow as you like, just be realistic (yeah, we're not paying 30m for getting Poch or Guardiola, obviously).

I'm asking this question because there's a lot of complaining but we're missing any concrete names. The change has to start with the coach IMO, we need someone more brave than Allegri, someone who can make those individuals play like a team again.
Absolutely not. IMO if we cant go guns blazing with the likes of Guardiola, Poch etc... then there's no point in getting rid of Allegri. And this is coming from someone who'd hate to see Max stay.

If there are no better options then keep him around another season.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Absolutely not. IMO if we cant go guns blazing with the likes of Guardiola, Poch etc... then there's no point in getting rid of Allegri. And this is coming from someone who'd hate to see Max stay.

If there are no better options then keep him around another season.
Yeah I agree with this, im a big allegri fan and i want him to stay, but if we can go out and get another top European coach then i would understand it, changing for the sake of change doesn't make sense to me,

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah I agree with this, im a big allegri fan and i want him to stay, but if we can go out and get another top European coach then i would understand it, changing for the sake of change doesn't make sense to me,
Makes sense to me,

Allegri with Ronaldo in the team lost 4 times in the cl this season to Ajax, Man United, Atletico and Young Boys while playing absolutely shit football for the majority of the season

Can't get the best out of any players he has available to him bar maybe Cancelo and Chiellini

The team is a mess under him and we have no direction or any sort of attacking threat under him

I fail to see what he brings to Juve that any other coach can't bring

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri confirms: "Perin and Khedira must be operated on, Mandzukic is unlikely to be back this season, Dybala out 20 days, Douglas Costa out 10 days. Caceres out 10 days. Chiellini could come back against Inter."

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Can someone translate this.

Ronaldo make the sign that "we shit on ourselves " [aka that we're scared]

how can we blame him?
Who must give the mentality, the drive, the motivations. The game plan?

Who??

There you go.
Basically Ronaldo gestured that we were cowards,scared,shitted in our pants.
And the write also added (blaming Allegri) saying : "whose fault is it if we don't have the mentality,the drive,the motivations... but worse a game plan and fight for it?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Ronaldo make the sign that "we shit on ourselves " [aka that we're scared]

how can we blame him?
Who must give the mentality, the drive, the motivations. The game plan?

Who??

There you go.
Basically Ronaldo gestured that we were cowards,scared,shitted in our pants.
And the write also added (blaming Allegri) saying : "whose fault is it if we don't have the mentality,the drive,the motivations... but worse a game plan and fight for it?
Why are you adding your own interpretation to this translation

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone translate this.

Ronaldo makes the sign that we shit on ourselves.

How can you blame him?(I think he is referring to Allegri)
Who must give the mentality, the drive, the motivations. THE GAME.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 75)