out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Max deserves (and gets) credit for his remarkable accomplishments, but they don't grant him immunity from criticism for his mistakes when he makes them, especially if he does it again and again and the pattern is so obvious that you cannot ignore it if you want to stay unbiased.

However good he is, he's not perfect, otherwise, even with this roster, our single headache now would be where to put the 4th consecutive Champions League cup in the club's museum. So, there's always room for improvement, and, when you talk about manager's mistakes, it doesn't mean that you put all the blame on him.

I see two worrying things in Max's system. Things that persist throughout the years:

1. Too many injuries.
2. Too many top players are regressing. Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, even Cancelo now. Also, today Allegri said that Benatia literally refused to play since December. Plus the Pirlo situation at Milan. It cannot be that all of them simultaneously fell into some kind of personal crisis and the manager has nothing to do with it.
I agree with your assessment that Allegri has to take major responsibility for our failure but our midfield and defence has definitely weakened with no attempt to strengthen it apart from signing free agent and our injury management fitness issues also needs to be reviewed if we believe in Allegri we need to give him the players that he wants and then judge him

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Max deserves (and gets) credit for his remarkable accomplishments, but they don't grant him immunity from criticism for his mistakes when he makes them, especially if he does it again and again and the pattern is so obvious that you cannot ignore it if you want to stay unbiased.

However good he is, he's not perfect, otherwise, even with this roster, our single headache now would be where to put the 4th consecutive Champions League cup in the club's museum. So, there's always room for improvement, and, when you talk about manager's mistakes, it doesn't mean that you put all the blame on him.

I see two worrying things in Max's system. Things that persist throughout the years:

1. Too many injuries.
2. Too many top players are regressing. Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, even Cancelo now. Also, today Allegri said that Benatia literally refused to play since December. Plus the Pirlo situation at Milan. It cannot be that all of them simultaneously fell into some kind of personal crisis and the manager has nothing to do with it.
I agree with most of what you said, but Benatia has a history of such behavior. I wouldn't put that one on Max.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
All this talk about allegri but has anyone stopped to question @Fresh as to why he didnt bet against us?

He has a responsibility to use his jinx powers for the good of the team and he really let us down here

I am not saying the loss to ajax is 100% his fault but it probably is

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
A lot of that is just down to dumb luck.

Bayern dominated Atletico in 2016. Nothing Guardiola could have done about Muller missing that penalty.
City dominated Tottenham. Nothing Guardiola could have done about Aguero missing a penalty in the first leg.

Yes, let’s conveniently leave out what Guardiola did for Barcelona because that doesn’t suit your argument. :baus:
Lets conviniently forget that Allegri took this team after abysmal European campaing and reached final in the next year. Lets also forget that we lost 2 best midfielders without properly replacing them and reached another final. He isnt perfect, in fact I will come here a lot of time to discuss his decisions, criticize his game preparation, poor results like after 1st leg in Madrid etc, but I dont think its necessary to rewrite history to make a point. What few of you are basically doing is taking away any credit from with 'everyone can win Serie A', the league where 2nd best team(s) won more than 90 pts... Ridic :p
Its a fact that with less money Allegri has better European record than Guardiola since he left Barca. Very few managers actually would come close to Allegri in that period.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Lets conviniently forget that Allegri took this team after abysmal European campaing and reached final in the next year. Lets also forget that we lost 2 best midfielders without properly replacing them and reached another final. He isnt perfect, in fact I will come here a lot of time to discuss his decisions, criticize his game preparation, poor results like after 1st leg in Madrid etc, but I dont think its necessary to rewrite history to make a point. What few of you are basically doing is taking away any credit from with 'everyone can win Serie A', the league where 2nd best team(s) won more than 90 pts... Ridic :p
Its a fact that with less money Allegri has better European record than Guardiola since he left Barca. Very few managers actually would come close to Allegri in that period.
Not trying to discredit Max's achievements in the league but it tells you something about the estate of this league when teams like Napoli are racking up 90 points.

Makes you wonder how we would've done in a proper league like EPL or La Liga.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Mourinho just gave an interview about out game against Ajax.. and he was spot on, out tactics were quite bad and we tried to outpass them instead of using our physicality

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not trying to discredit Max's achievements in the league but it tells you something about the estate of this league when teams like Napoli are racking up 90 points.

Makes you wonder how we would've done in a proper league like EPL or La Liga.
Napoli is a good side and Roma last season beat the crap out of Barcelona. We were one dubious ref call away from making historical comeback against Real. We beat City over both legs in 2016/17, Barcelona a season after, Atletico etc... If my memory serves me right our track record is good. No way to know for certain but imo Juventus would have won EPL, top 2 in Spain.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Napoli is a good side and Roma last season beat the crap out of Barcelona. We were one dubious ref call away from making historical comeback against Real. We beat City over both legs in 2016/17, Barcelona a season after, Atletico etc... If my memory serves me right our track record is good. No way to know for certain but imo Juventus would have won EPL, top 2 in Spain.
I'm talking about domestic leagues here. A few CL games are pretty much irrelevant. But anyway, Napoli is a Europa League quality team. And btw, we got spanked by Barcelona in the group stages in the season you mentioned.

Should've clarified, I'm also talking about 2017/18 and 2018/19, ya know, since we started playing cancerball. I highly doubt we would've won EPL. We barely grind results against shit Serie A teams.

Obvs there's no way to know but that's just my opinion.

Oct 23, 2011
I will keep on saying, give Allegri the midfield he deserves, and evaluate him then. It's no coincidence (maybe it is, I don't know) that he became much more conservative and changed his approach after management dismantled his midfield. The loss in Cardiff definitely affected his approach and the fact that some of his important players are more in the doctor's room than on the pitch doesn't help either. I simply do not see a coach deliver better results with this roster than he did over the last few years. Reminder that the coach that management is drooling over apparently and want to bring back desperately, fucked up majorly in Europe with pretty much the same squad Allegri brought to the final a year after. Maybe a coach like Poch or Guardiola will play better football to the eye, but I just don't see them deliver the results he has.

Now having said that, my main concern is whether key players such as Dybala, Cancelo, and even Ronaldo still have the desire to work with him. Allegri is responsible for Dybala's and Cancelo's form (Cancelo's form started to decline after the snub against Atletico) and Ronaldo is clearly not happy with our approach this season. But it makes me wonder if he can talk things out, especially with Dybala and actually get a few good additions in midfield and start working towards a Dybala - Ronaldo tandem in attack. Does Allegri actually want to shift towards a less conservative, more attacking approach next season? These are the type of questions that need to be asked by Management and the decisions they make in terms of acquisitions, sales of players and manager will demonstrate what direction they intend to go with this club.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri:“I hear so many people explaining what football is. They’re things that maybe I’ll write down

and next season, if we play in a Champions, League quarter-final, I’ll go and read them.

“It’s important to listen to those who explain football very well. Football isn’t an exact science. Juve play to win every competition every season.

“We contested the Champions League quarter-finals not in the best condition, we lost and rightly went out.

“We lost four balls and it seems Ajax had an extraordinary match. They played better in Amsterdam and we did better on Tuesday than in the first leg, yet strangely the result penalised us.

Jan 22, 2016
Allegri:“I hear so many people explaining what football is. They’re things that maybe I’ll write down

and next season, if we play in a Champions, League quarter-final, I’ll go and read them.

“It’s important to listen to those who explain football very well. Football isn’t an exact science. Juve play to win every competition every season.

“We contested the Champions League quarter-finals not in the best condition, we lost and rightly went out.

“We lost four balls and it seems Ajax had an extraordinary match. They played better in Amsterdam and we did better on Tuesday than in the first leg, yet strangely the result penalised us.
We did better on Tuesday? :lol3:
He needs a pair of glasses it seems.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah but we were facing an Ajax with the exception of like 3 players, we basically have the significantly better players in their positions, we were outplayed completely because we lack the football identity, belief, gameplan and hunger they played with. All things the coach is in charge of. We did not need prime Pogba and Vidal to beat this Ajax, we needed to be able to hit 3 passes after another and have ANY kind of gameplan that enforces our will on the opponent, at home, instead of being toyed with.

Its really not that hard to see, and its inexusable, regardless of how impressive Ajax was, we did little to fuck all out there. Its nothing like last season where we faced the champions Real and bowed out with our head held high with a balls out 2nd leg match giving our all.

No, this time we played a much financially inferior team, with despite their key talents, generally less equipped and inferior players, and were played off the park because they played with a purpose and we did not...

Non of this is worth close to excusing Allegri's approach with the team. Especially when its not one off, its something has been repeating itself for a while now.
:tup:

How would you fell about Conte for a second spell with the club?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Tuzers who blame Allegri for Dybala status are wrong ... :disagree:
blame Fabio or AA ...but not Allegri .... if they brought Ronaldo to you ...we still want to play Dybala! ...

He did changed his position several times and failed ....now Allegri is the one to blame !! ....

I blame Allegri in only one thing .... He doesn't request specific players for us ....he just accepts what thrown in his face and try to create a team ...

I agree with many ...that our midfield has almost zero influence about our creativity and threatening the opponents ...

We need to fix that with at least two top CM not including Ramsey ....+ bring top CB ....forget about our attack for the next summer market ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 139)