out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think I said earlier the fitness issues that this club has been dealing with are directly on Allegri and his staff. Are players have arrived at this time of year the last two seasons looking completely gassed and exhausted. Very few of them seem to have 90 minutes in their legs. That's a big problem.

His first 3 seasons, we looked at our fittest and sharpest from February through to May. The last two seasons we've looked dead in the water.
haven't we had ridiculous injury issues since before Allegri. Hell since before Conte too?

Maybe i was just permafried back then but I remember having injury problems going back a decade

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
haven't we had ridiculous injury issues since before Allegri. Hell since before Conte too?

Maybe i was just permafried back then but I remember having injury problems going back a decade
I don’t recall much of Del Neri. Tried to forget. Conte had one season with a bunch of annoying injury issues, but under Allegri, especially the last 2 seasons it’s gotten a bit ridiculous, especially the muscular fatigue type injuries. We also just looked gassed. Hard to explain that without something being done really wrong in training.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don’t recall much of Del Neri. Tried to forget. Conte had one season with a bunch of annoying injury issues, but under Allegri, especially the last 2 seasons it’s gotten a bit ridiculous, especially the muscular fatigue type injuries. We also just looked gassed. Hard to explain that without something being done really wrong in training.
i believe it was a not insignificant part of two consecutive 7th place finishes. Sure the team and coach were shit but that wasn't the only factor.

And we had Aquilani as a "starter" back then :lol3:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It's interesting how majority were pro Allegri before Atletico games, everyone anti-Allegri after Atletico first leg, majority pro Allegri again after Atletico second leg (a tie we won by a goal to keep things in perspective), and everyone anti Allegri again post Ajax lol.
I don’t necessarily think that specific people are changing their minds, it’s just that people tend to be more vocal when evidence points in their favour.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
As an Allegri fan I have to say he really disappointed me this year with some decisions.

What really drew me to him as a coach was his flexibility and freedom he gave his players over the years. But past two, seems like he just took more and more freedom away as if he didn't trust them with every passing bad game.

I'm disappointed he didn't try more formations, didn't implement 3 at the back earlier, didn't give Berna a run of games as a midfielder in place of Matuidi, never tried Berna-Can-Pjanić together, etc. I think his time is done and he should leave for his sake and for ours. He looked completely drained after Ajax, I can't possibly believe he has more juice and motivation in him after 5 years no matter who they sign and who they sell.

With that being said, I read he already agreed to a one year extension to 2021. And to me that signals a deeper issue in the club. I can't escape the feeling we are making the same mistakes in Europe some teams in Italy do trying to win the title or get back to glory like Napoli or Milan. I feel we want this instant success, we keep rushing things and buying players we maybe don't need, strengthening one position while weakening the other. That's not how you win in Europe. I know everyone likes to pretend there's this magical solution and way to win in Europe by playing only attacking football and nothing less, but the truth is all teams who won in recent memory have a few things in common only:

- each team had great or at worst very good players at each position, no exceptions
- each team was together for a few years, with minor sales or targeted acquisitions
- each team needed and had a great amount of luck and health arriving at the final stages

We only had that one year, in 2015. Everything since has been just inventing things on the go, signing players who don't fit so we have to change 10 formations before finding the right one. Strengthening one position while weakening the other.

We can't keep doing this shit over and over again. If Allegri is staying give him a 5 year extension and cut the crap and speculation every year. Same if a new coach is coming.

Also, how about keeping a team together for a few years instead of changing half the team each year and then the other half gets injured during the season. How about changing the medical team for once?

How about tailoring a team for one, maybe two formations max. How about having a clear hierarchy who's in the first team and who's coming off the bench. How about giving a coach clear cut roster so he doesn't have to switch the striker to a winger or a striker to midfielder.

How about singing technical, fast, smart players and getting rid of all the opposite ones? You look at all the CL winners in the last decade, there's not one Matuidi type on the whole roster, let alone being a key player. And I love Blaise, but he can't be a first team player not because he's bad but because he doesn't fit with anyone. The only really good thing he gives us is running and protecting Pjanić. He can't relieve pressure, he can't combine with Sandro or Ronaldo on the left side. Same with Khedira, Bentancur on the other side.

Bayern, RM, Barcelona, Inter, Chelsea...all had 11 players who can do anything with the ball, who can play both ways, they were healthy, they had everything right. We sign Ronaldo and leave the job half done instead of going balls deep with real midfield. When I remember those teams I always think of so many great players who were truly world class, who had character, who had strength and technique in one, who were the whole package. Honestly, how many guys from this years team can we do that with in 5 years? I still remember how great Vidal and Pogba and Tevez and Pirlo and Lichtsteiner were, rock fucking solid. We have almost no complete players, who can do multiple things well and just play, and play smart. I swore by Bernardeschi this season but he played the worst game I've ever seen by someone in our jersey the other day.

For years we let players walk for free or under price because they asked to leave. Now we suddenly hold Sandro hostage who couldn't care less anymore? We let Del Piero, Marchisio, Buffon go (right decisions) because they couldn't give their best but extend Khedira, MM, Barzagli?

And how about stop fucking talking about CL on every occasion. There hasn't been a single interview this season by the coach, player or executive who hasn't mentioned CL. Do they feel the need to patronize the fans with that shit? How much pressure can you put on yourself? Agnelli, Allegri and players continued talking about next season immediately after the game ffs.

That's not Juve style, never has been. We always worked quietly and patiently and stroke when the opportunity was right. What's going to change next season? Are Chiesa and Zaniolo and Felix going to make a difference? Are we going to leave Dybala who doesn't fit, are we going to double down on 16 hundred right wingers and leave Mario on the left again? Again, we can't keep doing this shit and expect different results. If you're gonna talk about CL out of your ass at every turn then do something concrete about it. I love the young guys we keep getting linked to, but if they're gonna leave Allegri and obsess about CL again next year then we need Kroos, Saul, Kante. We need another Tevez or Cavani up front, we need a Godin in defence, we need another Lichtsteiner and Evra at full backs, a complete and fully motivated team.

I'm sick and tired of having my expectations go through the roof every year and it turns out to be fools gold. I'm an eternal optimist, but even I had my fill. Finish the job you started with Ronaldo, sell Matuidi's and Khedira's of the team, let Sandro go finally, sign WC players or just shut the fuck up about your 'objectives'.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I believe the source of our problems is the midfield. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic, matuidi, bentancur. Seriously what people expect from these 3 who can't hold a midfield?! They would be good enough for team like roma. Even roma has one beast who shits all over these 3.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Source of the problem is finances. Every year Juve need to raise €80m-€100m in profit from player sales. Juve have to continuously trade and change, unlike the Madrid, Barca, PSG, ManCity or ManUtd, to compete with the best in CL while being self-sustained. That's the reason imo he called himself a corporate manager, because he has to consider the transfer market as well, to generate value for players to be sold at the end of a season. I am disappointed with some of his judgements throughout this season but overall I don't think I'll like another manager as much as I do Allegri.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I am anti-Allegri now, but I also realize he had a really really shitty midfield this season.
I don’t buy this shit for a second. To me it’s a shitty excuse for a problem he, Allegri, has been unable to solve.

Look at Liverpool and most German teams, how can they, with very average players, string 3 passes together and we can’t?

We might not have the best midfielders in the world but we absolutely have decent enough talent to have at least a good passing system.

This shit is on Allegri. Period.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don’t buy this shit for a second. To me it’s a shitty excuse for a problem he, Allegri, has been unable to solve.

Look at Liverpool and most German teams, how can they, with very average players, string 3 passes together and we can’t?

We might not have the best midfielders in the world but we absolutely have decent enough talent to have at least a good passing system.

This shit is on Allegri. Period.
We didn't have this problem in the times of Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
We didn't have this problem in the times of Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio.
We did when playing in Europe. We were only really good in Italy with a few exceptions in one season or another. Obviously they were better player so we were stronger.

But We’ve been riding this rollercoaster since his first season here. We’ll suck at pre season, then rule Serie A, disappoint in most CL matches and then put out an amazing performance out of nowhere to just go back to a team that can’t pass a ball. It’s this inconsistency that I find annoying.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
he is saying:
"Tuesday we'll play.
If we pass , we'll do everything possible to pass,
So if we pass everything's good...
If we don't ... Oh it's a football game....
we'll try again next year 1997
we'll try again next year 1998
we'll try again next year 1999
we'll try again next year 2000
we'll try again next year 2001"
and on and on counting all years we didn't win

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Conte isnt my first choice but I`ll take him over Allegri
I still recall two great Conte moments
1. His Juventus always looked good to me - even when we were beaten 2-0 vs Bayern when they took the CL - Bayern were much better than us yet we did try to give a fight and always looked quite good
2. Italy in the Euros - I was very impressed by Italy who had a joke of a lineup yet were able to reach (I think it was the QF) beating Spain - Hell they were toying with Spain... and lost to Germany in a coin toss kind of way..
He won the EPL with Chelsea but then disappeared - Which is what we should put in his against list..

1.Hag
2.Guardiola
3.Klopp
4. Open to suggestions that IMO will be better than Allegri

Its not ranking but I do rank the 1+2+3 more than the 4th option

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
he is saying:
"Tuesday we'll play.
If we pass , we'll do everything possible to pass,
So if we pass everything's good...
If we don't ... Oh it's a football game....
we'll try again next year 1997
we'll try again next year 1998
we'll try again next year 1999
we'll try again next year 2000
we'll try again next year 2001"
and on and on counting all years we didn't win
So he did a Mourinho

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
I'm still angry now. Ok, we suffered from many injuries, but it can't be the reason for our pathetic performance. Our midfield is completely overrun, with noone can take the ball forward. Matuidi, Can, Pjanic, that is ok when you need to go out to defend deep, not when you need goals. Using Dybala with that midfield, when we are lacking penetration to Ajax's defend, make the situation even worse. And he leaves bentancur, the only one from our CM who can take the ball forward in the bench. This is so sad. His decision can be very good sometimes, especially when we are in danger, but so many times, when we are in advantages, he completely botched it. The suicided Barzagli sub against MU, the Morata/Cuadrado sub against Bayern in 2016, the first leg against Real last year. So after 5 years, I think we need a change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 530)