out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Allegri's tactics and our almost nonexistent technical skill in midfield bar Pjanic are the two obvious reasons. Our playstyle has very strongly relied on individual performances of certain players instead of real chemistry between teammates. Allegri has been adamant on keeping hold of the 4-3-3 despite us having sub-par mids and has been forced to play average players like Bentancur, Khedira and De Shitlio in key games. Usually these games have been settled in the latter minutes of the game by subs or simply by the actions of Pjanic, Cancelo and Ronaldo.

We should obviously switch formations to a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-3 but due to the fact that we have been scraping results it won't happen. We'll keep playing like this unless we get a streak of bad results, and that won't happen either since we have so many world beaters that can change the results by themselves and due to the overall shit level of Serie A. However we won't fulfill our real potential of winning the CL or all titles possible with this playstyle.

I'm not whining by the way, just saying things how I see them. We have the players and the potential to be the best team on earth right now, but we don't utilize that potential correctly.
oh yes it will be such a shame when Allegri doesn't change the formation because he keeps winning too many games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Chiellini doesn't recover, I really fucking hope Emre Can is ready, because having him there to aid our makeshift disaster of a backline (when minus Chiellini) will be so important. Allegri sounds pretty positive about Can though. :xfinger:

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
If Chiellini doesn't recover, I really fucking hope Emre Can is ready, because having him there to aid our makeshift disaster of a backline (when minus Chiellini) will be so important. Allegri sounds pretty positive about Can though. :xfinger:
I hope both of them play! Can is on constant improvement and Chiellini is our Ramos, none of our other defenders are near his level. We really need a quality replacement for him.

I just hope that Allegri comes up with something that we would enjoy watching because this game is way different to the one against Atlético.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Allegri's tactics and our almost nonexistent technical skill in midfield bar Pjanic are the two obvious reasons. Our playstyle has very strongly relied on individual performances of certain players instead of real chemistry between teammates. Allegri has been adamant on keeping hold of the 4-3-3 despite us having sub-par mids and has been forced to play average players like Bentancur, Khedira and De Shitlio in key games. Usually these games have been settled in the latter minutes of the game by subs or simply by the actions of Pjanic, Cancelo and Ronaldo.

We should obviously switch formations to a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-3 but due to the fact that we have been scraping results it won't happen. We'll keep playing like this unless we get a streak of bad results, and that won't happen either since we have so many world beaters that can change the results by themselves and due to the overall shit level of Serie A. However we won't fulfill our real potential of winning the CL or all titles possible with this playstyle.

I'm not whining by the way, just saying things how I see them. We have the players and the potential to be the best team on earth right now, but we don't utilize that potential correctly.
yes, wtf was the point of the 433 if we are going to play against Ajax like we did? second half no adjusments either. Also when defending, we gave them too much space like first leg against atleti. watch replays... absolutely zero reason to start press defending from 1/4 when we should be pressing at 1/2 or even 3/4. We clearly play better when alot more aggressive instead of sit back and invite pressure for zero reason. He said we didn't counter enough, how are we supposed to counter when you played two dumb ass stoppers next to pjanic who even when they get the ball dont have the skills to open up play and cause a counter. All they had to do was snuff Pjanic and cripple us and they did.. Why not play with one less striker and add help to midfield spina, mds on bench meanwhile Bernie and Mandz didnt' exist the whole game bar from a shot or two...Max is a good coach, but a reactive coach who doesnt take the initiative and will always stay the same, scrapping results will always be good enough.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

It's too late to switch formations.
We had to do it before 2019 if we wanted...
Now the championship is over or almost and all we have left to play is CL so we can't afford to make experiments right now =/

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not talking these games only. We saw it in important matches too.
Something is wrong about our bulid up play.

Off the ball movements are nonexistent. When one of our player has the ball other players keeps staying stand still and don't provide enough options for the passer, so we easily get disposed of the ball.

Hopefully we don't see the same ugly performance against Ajax
Our midfield cant control some of the games the way it use to several years back. Matuidi is way too limited technically, although his effort and grit are useful. Bentacur, Can, good options but off the bench. Khedira was teriffic player few years ago and our only midfielder capable of making forward runs and playing between the lines, but age and injuries took its toll and we dont have someone else to step in. His decision making was second to none. Besides Pjanic, all of the other mids are barely good enough. But we more than compensate it with our wide players and attackers, Berna, Cancello, CR and Kean recently. Just dont expect champagne football and slick passes and combos through the middle because our midfielders arent capable of it and you can set your team up any way you want, but you simply cant make Matuidi look more technical, Bentacur more consistent or take years off Khedira...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why celebrate before a crucial game that needs our full concentration, personally happy with the result
You think Allegri deliberately fielded and subbed a team that wasnt winning this game to make sure we didnt had to celerbrate (even a bit) before the crucial ajax game ?

- - - Updated - - -

tenor.gif

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We switched formations in 2017 for the semi and final. But I think that was a mistake.
:agree:

Cuadrado fell badly out of form, and Allegri switched to the Barza RB/RCB and Dani Alves RM... it worked against a young and overrated Monaco side, but that right side was badly exposed against Madrid and offered nothing going forward.

Would have been preferable to try to have Cuadrado play himself back into form for the final imo, but hindsight, ya know, it’s a lot easier to say that now, especially considering we took care of Monaco with such ease. Still our best attacking performances were with Cuadrado and Alves on the right against Barca, even if Higgy missed a bunch of sitters in the 2nd leg.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I can't help but feel that playing your third string players (really we're not even talking reserves here) in a possible title decider is arrogant.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
how was today a title decider? The title was decided many weeks ago.

Serie A games are nothing a but a warmup or chance to rotate for the CL

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
oh yes it will be such a shame when Allegri doesn't change the formation because he keeps winning too many games.
Its easy to just comment absurd things like that instead of reading my post. Like I said, we have so much individual quality and depth compared to every other Serie A team that we can easily win whether or not we play to our full potential or not, and I have zero concerns about Allegri on winning the Serie A every year. However, the real point of concern for me is the CL, where we managed to lose 3 games in a row yet by the sheer excellence of certain individual players against Atletico managed to still keep the dream in place despite getting crushed in the first leg. I don't think it's possible to win in this competition with these tactics if we have to finally face a real team in the competition, but I hope to god I'm wrong.

It's too late to switch formations.
We had to do it before 2019 if we wanted...
Now the championship is over or almost and all we have left to play is CL so we can't afford to make experiments right now =/
If we manage to get past Ajax all we have is time. Most of our players have played in these formations before and the difficulties simply lie in the approach the players have to take. We have the luxury to study our opponents due to the shit level of Serie A so several weeks of formation preparation is nothing.

Nice arguments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 227)