out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juventino351

Jul 12, 2018
He proved yet again that he is a smart fella . I really hope he saw tonight what potent fullbacks can do . Spina and Cancelo gave us a new dimesnion that we lacked dearly . I really hope he will stick with them . Not to mention ,the GOAT will have a field day any day of the week with this kind of support .
But ...at the end ,bravo Mister .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think the mentality and attitude played a bigger part than tactics tonight. We always play good football when we’re fired up. And thankfully we had Ronaldo.
Replacing a terribly out of form Sandro with Spinazzola and his boundless energy on that flank helped a ton.

Same deal with having all the energy of Bernadeschi constantly pushing the ball forward to create.

I love Dybala, but he doesn't have that same forward drive, and slows down our play a lot more when he's dropping deep to start our attacks.

I'd really like to see how Bernadeschi looks behind Dybala-Ronaldo, if Mandzukic doesn't find form soon.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Whoever we draw in the next round, we need to play like we did today. We are no longer good enough defensively to sit back and get a clean sheet against world class forwards. We have so much attacking talent that we need to exploit. This squad of players was made to play high energy football.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Whoever we draw in the next round, we need to play like we did today. We are no longer good enough defensively to sit back and get a clean sheet against world class forwards. We have so much attacking talent that we need to exploit. This squad of players was made to play high energy football.[/QUOTE]

Neither Dybala or Pjanic are high-energy sort of players... the only way that works is if they aren't the creative forces through the middle in the team. Dybala as an SS beside Ronaldo in front of Bernadeschi... or as a false 9 in between Bernadeschi and Ronaldo... but he doesn't play fast enough or with enough energy to be the creative force with the style of play you are talking about.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Matuidi: "I do think we always need to play the way we did tonight" - FI.

It seems like tonight's performance might be more than exception. On Friday against Udinese they attacked, dominated and scored 4 goals. Tonight they destroyed Atletico and scored 3. Let's see how the team play in the next games. But if Matuidi already said that, it's probably not the sign of insubordination but maybe a sneak peak at what this team intend to offer from now on. We'll see.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well considering Serie A is done, surely we can play this way in each of our remaining CL games considering we're at no risk of burning out with our B team probably still being a top 2 side in this league

Kean, Caceres, Rugani, whoever we deem depth in midfield and Costa etc can play all the games. CR should play most games to keep him fit and firing. He's always thrived on playing as much as possible so despite the risk it's probably best he plays more often than not.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Praise for Max from RedCafe:

Best manager in the world for me. I think I said that last year either after the Spurs or Real Madrid game that he seems like someone who could give any sort of footballing problem and he'll come up with a plan to solve it. I was surprised that the first reaction on here after the Pep to Juve rumours surfaced wasn't to do everything to get Allegri to United.
Max in a nutshell. :delpiero:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Matuidi: "I do think we always need to play the way we did tonight" - FI.

It seems like tonight's performance might be more than exception. On Friday against Udinese they attacked, dominated and scored 4 goals. Tonight they destroyed Atletico and scored 3. Let's see how the team play in the next games. But if Matuidi already said that, it's probably not the sign of insubordination but maybe a sneak peak at what this team intend to offer from now on. We'll see.
Nice

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Replacing a terribly out of form Sandro with Spinazzola and his boundless energy on that flank helped a ton.

Same deal with having all the energy of Bernadeschi constantly pushing the ball forward to create.

I love Dybala, but he doesn't have that same forward drive, and slows down our play a lot more when he's dropping deep to start our attacks.

I'd really like to see how Bernadeschi looks behind Dybala-Ronaldo, if Mandzukic doesn't find form soon.
Keep same exact formation but try Dybala instead of Mandzukic. The wingbacks Spina/Cancelo are stretching the defence so wide that it's easier for Dybala to find balls on the ground as a #9 IMO.

Because often we saw Atletico's fullbacks having to defend all the way to the flag, so if Dybala comes over as well, will the CB really follow and leave his partner alone? He won't. He can't with Ronaldo lurking to fill that spot.

I think our next level is only achievable with Dybala. We have to try in some of these meaningless Serie A games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Keep same exact formation but try Dybala instead of Mandzukic. The wingbacks Spina/Cancelo are stretching the defence so wide that it's easier for Dybala to find balls on the ground as a #9 IMO.

Because often we saw Atletico's fullbacks having to defend all the way to the flag, so if Dybala comes over as well, will the CB really follow and leave his partner alone? He won't. He can't with Ronaldo lurking to fill that spot.

I think our next level is only achievable with Dybala. We have to try in some of these meaningless Serie A games.
Yeah. I wouldn't mind Dybala instead of Mandzu, especially if Mario doesn't find his form again soon. Should be based on form between those two. Both of them look pretty bad when out of form. Mandzukic has a pretty damn good understanding with Ronaldo and draws CBs with him leaving space for Ronaldo to operate, and when he's in form it's great how much work he does for the team... but since returning from his injury in February he just hasn't looked like the dominant force he was for the first 4 months of the season.

I'd like so see this Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernadeschi thing in a couple Serie A games to see if it can work.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah. I wouldn't mind Dybala instead of Mandzu, especially if Mario doesn't find his form again soon. Should be based on form between those two. Both of them look pretty bad when out of form. Mandzukic has a pretty damn good understanding with Ronaldo and draws CBs with him leaving space for Ronaldo to operate, and when he's in form it's great how much work he does for the team... but since returning from his injury in February he just hasn't looked like the dominant force he was for the first 4 months of the season.

I'd like so see this Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernadeschi thing in a couple Serie A games to see if it can work.
I would love to see that clicking... 100% into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 182)