out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We started the season out playing what I would consider our most promising lineup (not sure about the two starting CMs):

Ronaldo
Costa - Dybala - Cuadrado
Pjanic - Khedira
Sandro - Chiel - Bon - Cancelo

We played some really fluid and impressive dominant football, but didnt get the match sealed and Chievo got extremely lucky to score 2 goals on 1 chance almost.

I think that if we had spent a bit more effort polishing that system, then we would be impossible to play against by any CL team. Everyone in their right positions, everyone a top 3 player in their position (Pjanic/Khedira not 100%) and we would have good depth for every position.

But after first game, Allegri changed everything end rarely or never looked back, for some reason.

Im pretty certain that we were planning on playing a winger based formation and that was why we got all those wingers, but Allegri not being sure what he wants.
This is the heart of our problem now. The attacking intent is there but we either miss our chances upfront or we lose control of the match or both. We still dont know how to play dominant football, take our chances and stay in control of the game to see it out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We started the season out playing what I would consider our most promising lineup (not sure about the two starting CMs):

Ronaldo
Costa - Dybala - Cuadrado
Pjanic - Khedira
Sandro - Chiel - Bon - Cancelo

We played some really fluid and impressive dominant football, but didnt get the match sealed and Chievo got extremely lucky to score 2 goals on 1 chance almost.

I think that if we had spent a bit more effort polishing that system, then we would be impossible to play against by any CL team. Everyone in their right positions, everyone a top 3 player in their position (Pjanic/Khedira not 100%) and we would have good depth for every position.

But after first game, Allegri changed everything end rarely or never looked back, for some reason.

Im pretty certain that we were planning on playing a winger based formation and that was why we got all those wingers, but Allegri not being sure what he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that two of the best attacking fullbacks in the world: Cancelo and Sandro, + a super good GK and CBs.
2 central mids in CL? Suicide against big teams.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Because in terms of results he is having a better season than these previous ones?

And how at all is it crystal clear he has lost the plot this season? because we conceded six goals in the last two games? I would say that's down to management selling Benatia then immediately after his two starting CBs getting inured. That is not Allegri's fault. The weak midfield? Allegri does the best with what he is given, i seriously doubt it was his decision to spend the transfer budget on Ronaldo and continue to neglect team's need for CMs. That was management eyeing the boost to long term growth and bottom line that Ronaldo's reputation could offer.

Allegri clearly has a preference for a three man midfield, but some folks think he isn't asking hard enough for new CMs :howler:
The management letting Benatia go was the consequence. The cause was Allegri's treatment pissing off the guy. We all know Bonbon and Chiello will pick up injuries/suspension so I don't understand why Allegri made Rugani 3rd choice (Rugani is not Juve materials) whereas Benatia had been solid last season.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
People want to win CL, ugly or pretty, no one cares. And no one cares about ugly wins in Serie A. People care about being prepared for difficult CL games, a different level than Serie A. Apparently hard to understand for people like Dai, Postironic, zizinho, gordo etc

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
While some find it hard to understand how a season is a marathon, not a sprint. You need to keep pushing at a certain pace and then finish strong
I understand this point, but I wonder: if we rarely get out of first and second gear from September to February, how do we know that we will be able to do so when the time comes that we have to?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The entertaining football doesn't win you games was misconstrued

He was referring to Mandzukic trying to play it out instead of booting the ball into the stands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 175)