out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Can anyone explain how exactly Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri, or any other manager would play their fancy football with this midfield?

If the management decided to buy CR7 without having money for the proper CM to support him, then they act like those who buy an expensive car but don't have money for the fuel. The driver is not responsible for their short-sightedness.

Sarri by the way have similar problems in Chelsea. He has Hazard and Kante, but it's not enough.
Some coaches practice passing patterns and attacking movements that it becomes second nature to the players. Its how Conte took italy this far in the Euros. Its how Klopp can take a team to the CL final with Milner, Henderson, Wijndalum, Lalana & the very same Can we have to a CL final playing offensive football. Its what UTD fans were complaining about under Mou and the players themselves said so.

The only Allegri team that had proper offensive play is the one he inherited from Conte. They had memorized patterns and Allegri gave them some extra freedom which they thrived in. Since then we have been trapped in cycles of 7 months crap football and some okay football at the end of the season before we hit restart again the season after.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually think livescore would be more fun to watch with their new tracker, than see 1 million crosses
Why do think I watch livescore? I havent missed anything. Other than the hilarious 3 goals we conceded against a farmers team and the anguish of watching this horrid football that is.

I watched Juve in Serie B but I cant watch a Juve led by Ronaldo. Soon enough the Mourinho In crowd will turn... oh wait Allegri In I mean :)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What about 2016/17 season, the year we played final? Was that still a team he inherited from Conte, bc there were very few players left from Conte's era. Entirely new midfield and attack along with different system. That team played excellent brand of football, very effective and not as possession oriented as today. At least give credits when its due. Would take your other criticism more serious then.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Wow, you guys act like this coppa is the end of the world. We had literally two bad games, we cant win coppa every year, there is no team who can do it.
Im pretty sure that Max will come up with the solution to our bad form in next 2 or 3 weeks. I feel that 4231 might be coming back.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What about 2016/17 season, the year we played final? Was that still a team he inherited from Conte, bc there were very few players left from Conte's era. Entirely new midfield and attack along with different system. That team played excellent brand of football, very effective and not as possession oriented as today. At least give credits when its due. Would take your other criticism more serious then.
That team played good football in the last bit of the season. It was one of those lets take 8 months to gel seasons. Its better than last season and now ofc but for the most part it was still yawn inducing.

This season is the first time I see intent from Allegri to play offensive. It just that he doesnt know how to do it. No one is accusing him of pussy tactics or extreme defensive setups in this game or the one against Young Boys or the one against United. The attacking intent was there he just doesnt know how to coach the team to do it effectively.

Lets see at what point he goes back to his old ways and plays it safe.

Juve-Boner

May 6, 2012
Why do think I watch livescore? I havent missed anything. Other than the hilarious 3 goals we conceded against a farmers team and the anguish of watching this horrid football that is.
I watched Juve in Serie B but I cant watch a Juve led by Ronaldo. Soon enough the Mourinho In crowd will turn... oh wait Allegri In I mean :)
Serie B was tha bomb compared to this snooze party. Camoranesi, ZEBINA <333

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The complete lack of self-critique some demonstrate never fails to amaze me. These guys really are the populists of tuz. Only popping up and spreading their simplistic and one-sided agenda when the circumstances once in while are favorable.
It's not once though, the pattern has been going on for a while. The results were coming in one way or another. Even Allegri himself said it yesterday, the loss was coming. If he could foresee a loss then why didn't he react? Why didn't he react before it was too late. We have three games before Atletico, when we used to experiment until we find momentum it was at least 15 games. He's left it too late now.

Jun 6, 2015
It's not once though, the pattern has been going on for a while. The results were coming in one way or another. Even Allegri himself said it yesterday, the loss was coming. If he could foresee a loss then why didn't he react? Why didn't he react before it was too late. We have three games before Atletico, when we used to experiment until we find momentum it was at least 15 games. He's left it too late now.
I'm sure he did react. It's not like he says to our players please do misplace your passes and get dispossessed in dangerous areas. If I personally played a game like yesterday as a player I would look long and hard in the mirror before blaming the coach. These players aren't shit like some like to believe. They are capable of performing on a much higher level than they have for the last two games.

There isn't any need to experiment. We know our strongest eleven.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How's about we wait until we actually play the Atletico matches before we make such bold claims.

In 2014-15, our golden year, we barely squeaked out of group stage with 10 pts, and then from February 1st to March 5th, in the run up to and between our Rof16 matches against Dortmund, we drew Udinese 0-0, Cesena 2-2, Roma 1-1, and lost to Fiorentina 2-1 at home in the first leg of the Coppa Italia Semi-final. And somehow we smashed Dortmund, and went on to the CL final, in what most here claim was our best year of the Conte-Allegri era.

So let's just settle down a wee bit here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm sure he did react. It's not like he says to our players please do misplace your passes and get dispossessed in dangerous areas. If I personally played a game like yesterday as a player I would look long and hard in the mirror before blaming the coach. These players aren't shit like some like to believe. They are capable of performing on a much higher level than they have for the last two games.

There isn't any need to experiment. We know our strongest eleven.
No he is not reacting. All he is doing is changing players. Pjanic is gone so he plays Bentancur in his position and fills the rest of the positions with whoever is available. The obsession with regista is silly especially when your only player available to fill this position is Bentancur who has no idea what regista means. But it does not end there. Mandzukic is injured so he replaces him with Douglas Costa where the two not only are totally different players, they also have totally different mentalities. A mentality that Douglas Costa has no idea what it means to offer himself for the team. Now we are talking about two crucial positions for Allegri's tactics, I will talk about the third in a bit but let me point out one thing about what you said about the players playing a bad game. So we have now Bentancur playing instead of Pjanic and Douglas Costa/Bernardeschi/Dybala playing instead of Mandzukic. How do you expect those who are next to them to play when they are not doing what Pjanic and Mandzukic usually do? Yes, you confuse the hell out of them and consequently they make mistakes.

Then to the third position, you guessed it, Bonucci. He got injured and he used Rugani instead who happens to be a good defender but that's about it. A good defender, no drive and always strikes me as scared. Chiellini gets injured so he replaces him with MDS. I will not talk much about this department as it is not his problem we are short on defenders all of a sudden. That's on Paratici.

So what is it I am trying to say? In previous seasons with Allegri when things stop functioning properly, when we got injuries he changed formation and approach. He adapted the TEAM not the POSITIONS. This season he has only been changing players instead of changing system. We tried 4-4-2 at a couple of occasions, it gave fruit but he reverted back to this dysfunctioning 4-3-3.

The fact that we have pulled one shot on target in two consecutive matches says a lot.

Jun 6, 2015
No he is not reacting. All he is doing is changing players. Pjanic is gone so he plays Bentancur in his position and fills the rest of the positions with whoever is available. The obsession with regista is silly especially when your only player available to fill this position is Bentancur who has no idea what regista means. But it does not end there. Mandzukic is injured so he replaces him with Douglas Costa where the two not only are totally different players, they also have totally different mentalities. A mentality that Douglas Costa has no idea what it means to offer himself for the team. Now we are talking about two crucial positions for Allegri's tactics, I will talk about the third in a bit but let me point out one thing about what you said about the players playing a bad game. So we have now Bentancur playing instead of Pjanic and Douglas Costa/Bernardeschi/Dybala playing instead of Mandzukic. How do you expect those who are next to them to play when they are not doing what Pjanic and Mandzukic usually do? Yes, you confuse the hell out of them and consequently they make mistakes.

Then to the third position, you guessed it, Bonucci. He got injured and he used Rugani instead who happens to be a good defender but that's about it. A good defender, no drive and always strikes me as scared. Chiellini gets injured so he replaces him with MDS. I will not talk much about this department as it is not his problem we are short on defenders all of a sudden. That's on Paratici.

So what is it I am trying to say? In previous seasons with Allegri when things stop functioning properly, when we got injuries he changed formation and approach. He adapted the TEAM not the POSITIONS. This season he has only been changing players instead of changing system. We tried 4-4-2 at a couple of occasions, it gave fruit but he reverted back to this dysfunctioning 4-3-3.

The fact that we have pulled one shot on target in two consecutive matches says a lot.
Changing a formation isn't the only way to react. I think it's too easy to just blame the system. No matter what formation we play players simply can't be dispossessed in front of our defence.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Changing a formation isn't the only way to react. I think it's too easy to just blame the system. No matter what formation we play players simply can't be dispossessed in front of our defence.
That's how Allegri dealt with the problems before, he changed formations. He tested new systems repeatedly and then settled on one. This season he has played 4-3-3 95% of the time no matter who's available.

Jun 6, 2015
That's how Allegri dealt with the problems before, he changed formations. He tested new systems repeatedly and then settled on one. This season he has played 4-3-3 95% of the time no matter who's available.
As I mentioned before I don't feel there is a need to experiment as we know our best eleven when everyone is fit. Perhaps he should consider something different when Pjanic is missing. Let's see how it goes with Mandzo and Pjanic now back.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
I think it s time to say goodbye. The team plays awful, the decision are bad.. De Sciglio cv, Still with 3 midfielders and not one creative midfielder.. Without Pjanic we need to play 442 of 3413. And Dybala and Ronaldo need to play as center forwards

Jan 22, 2016
This shit is completely on him. I as a fan 2 thousands miles from turin could see this day would come eventually. But the coach couldn't.

He kept playing Barzagli until stupid Mourinho rekt him in front of our fans.
God i can't forgive him for that loss yet.

Again his ignorance doesn't end there.
We win a game with 4231 and playing good football, next game, he goes back to 433 where Fucking Matuidi plays as a left winger. I'm mean WTF is wrong with this guy. He always says beautiful football doesn't mean anything if you don't win Cups. And next thing happens , he is out of a cup against some midtable team unable to create any decent chance.

We all saw this happening way before and were worried a lot. But pro Allegri were laughing with eyes closed like nothing happened and saying we are in 3 competitions guyssssss. So stop moaning you peanuts.

Time proved we were correct. And I'm afraid we would be correct against Attletico yet again.

At this rate this guy would be the next mourinho, where he would be belong to the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)