out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Is it rhetorical or you don't know? How young are you Claudio? Their success (atleast in 03-07) was fairly recent enough.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It wasn't rhetorical, I just didn't know (I'm 24 btw) :D

I remember 03-07 Milan but to be honest with you, I didn't follow them much.

I guess my question was about Milan from 87 until 2007, considering they had plenty of success during those 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Italian TV channel Top Calcio and it's director, Fabio Ravezzani, Conte has made it clear to Juventus that he would be willing to make a return to the Turin side. However, according to the same source, Juventus response was disappointing for the Italian manager, who expected at least a meeting with his former employers.

Juventus are only looking to get in negotiations for a new manager if Allegri decides to leave. With that said, they have set their eyes on a potential replacement, in the shape of Massimo Carrera, who currently is the manager of Spartak Moscow.

Carrera played for Juventus during his career as a player. In fact, he was also the assistant manager for the Bianconeri during 2012-2014.
Conte :lol:

Carrera :tuttosport: a stab in the dark.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Outdated in what sense?
Maybe i sued a wrong term. lets not say outdated, let say it is a tactic that doesnt suit us anymore, and a tactic that most of ten than not, will not give you dividends in europe because is very risky if your team is not prepared for it.

Juventus 2015 had a very compact defense and a worker functioning midfield. Pirlo had great technique, and while Pogba and Vidal were not exactly the best ball players on the globe..the guys had enough tecnique and a shitload of workrate to make things tick. On the forward line we had an all terrain in tevez and a nimble poacher like morata, who could counter.
With that team, i CAN buy the catenaccio tactic allegri is well known for. it worked wonders only to be denied by a great barcelona team and a dubious penalty not awarded.

But right now our team is very different...weaker on midfield but with some manpower upfront to compensate, yet we play way worse. teams disrespecting us in our turf which used to be a fortress tells a lot.

Worrying factors is the misuse of certain units, the overuse of other not so good units. mentality overall, players underperforming right and left.

I know Marotta has a lot to do with this... but i dont consider our team inferior to tottenham , Nap0li or even madrid (which needed a sublime ronaldo to beat us, and which we DISRESPECTED in their own turf because we could..)....or god forbid, Crotone.

Allegri is clearly having a tough time, and this season in particular have been alarming. And i dont know if more offensive or technical players on the midfield will fix this, because we play so defensive by default that we risk misusing them. We would need another approach to change things from the roots, and that will only be achieved with another coach, because allegri, as good as he is...has a tactical plan set in stone and eh has said it himself " my perfect score is the 1 -0", that tells you al you need to know. Its a very italian mindset.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
According to Italian TV channel Top Calcio and it's director, Fabio Ravezzani, Conte has made it clear to Juventus that he would be willing to make a return to the Turin side. However, according to the same source, Juventus response was disappointing for the Italian manager, who expected at least a meeting with his former employers.

Juventus are only looking to get in negotiations for a new manager if Allegri decides to leave. With that said, they have set their eyes on a potential replacement, in the shape of Massimo Carrera, who currently is the manager of Spartak Moscow.

Carrera played for Juventus during his career as a player. In fact, he was also the assistant manager for the Bianconeri during 2012-2014.
Random as hell, and another italian? no thanks. Unless is someone eager to try like di francesco...we better not.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What do you mean another Italian ? We will never hire a non-Italian unless he's a former player of the club
Another born and bred follower of the catenaccio style, which we cant play anymore.
We need to emulate the bayern style, the style of the bayern team that smashed us years ago. Good in defense, good in attack. Thats the way of winning the CL. We dont necessarily need to emulate moronic Sarri or the spaniards.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Another born and bred follower of the catenaccio style, which we cant play anymore.
We need to emulate the bayern style, the style of the bayern team that smashed us years ago. Good in defense, good in attack. Thats the way of winning the CL. We dont necessarily need to emulate moronic Sarri or the spaniards.
Using catenaccio in a debate anno 2018 is the football equivalent of the reductio ad hitlerum.

Catenaccio haven't been deployed since the 80s.

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
Yes we just need a good balance, I would prefer a new coach as well who's first priority is not to always be cautious and to drop deep all the time

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Good.

He hasn't gotten any better and we are still the 10$ restaurant he left. Only thing that improved is his whining. Stay away please.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But his fundamental football style is fine as you said. The idea that we should be able to get better results with a more attacking/passing style is blind naivety where one chose to ignore the poltergeist Khedira, soft Pjanic, Badass_Mautidi.
Watch Germany play an attacking/passing style of football at the World Cup with Khedira in midfield.

We have better players than Napoli in just about every position. The reason to why they outplayed us is because Sarri gets the most out of what he has. Allegri does not.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Jupp Heynckes esque era. FFS im sad he is gonna leave us again this summer :cry: Such a great coach, one of the all time greats imo.

Its all if and if, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been too if he stayed for a couple more seasons. Wouldnt be surprised if Bayern made what Real are doing right now. In hindsight it was a mistake replacing him with Pep.

Again its ifs and ifs, but Jupp just knows better than anyone else how to make Bayern Munich tick.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Jupp Heynckes esque era. FFS im sad he is gonna leave us again this summer :cry: Such a great coach, one of the all time greats imo.

Its all if and if, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been too if he stayed for a couple more seasons. Wouldnt be surprised if Bayern made what Real are doing right now. In hindsight it was a mistake replacing him with Pep.

Again its ifs and ifs, but Jupp just knows better than anyone else how to make Bayern Munich tick.
Yep. That team was simply insane. Their march to the trophy was like no other, they just smashed everyone.... Only comparable with the best Barca of the Messi era (when they were at the apex of their ticki tacka with their 25 passes before each goal and 800% possesion everygame).

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

I’d want Conte here one day... 10 years from now.

Carrera meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 243)