out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
How? Just because you don't like it doesn't makes it outdated.

And results say that it does work (obviously, not all the time or in every game)
In Italia it works because we are the best at it. Yet in Europe it doesn’t. Every time we confront an attacking fluid team we loose with the exception of a match here or there. There is a reason real and Barcelona dominate and it’s not just the money they have

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Exactly. And I like the ruthless mentality to not settle for a 1 or 2-0 victory. I like to see my team just put more and more behind the opponent, it create confidence for the attacking players as well.
Agreed. In most the games we lost it is because we sat back and tried to protect a small lead. Just like the BS penalty in real. If we kept the pressure in on it would have been 4 or 5-0 not 3-1

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
In Italia it works because we are the best at it. Yet in Europe it doesn’t. Every time we confront an attacking fluid team we loose with the exception of a match here or there. There is a reason real and Barcelona dominate and it’s not just the money they have
That is just false man... We didn't reach finals by beating defensive teams.

Allegri's system may be part of the reason we lost some of these games. But also, sometimes these teams are just better.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
What a load of nonsense. You are cherry picking and inventing stuff to fit your narrative. Barca dominance? CL the last 3 years? The team with Messi, you know Messi. Not beating strong attacking team? Liek Barca or Monaco? Our tête-à-tête with Bayern? Dortmund and Real?

- - - Updated - - -

You can no doubt. But in general its not the best way for succes, most teams these days win the CL by aggressive attacking football.
We've been thru this discussion before here on 'Tuz. Correlation does not mean causation. Exclude Messi and Ronaldo, and then tell me what style have won the CL most times the last ten years?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
What a load of nonsense. You are cherry picking and inventing stuff to fit your narrative. Barca dominance? CL the last 3 years? The team with Messi, you know Messi. Not beating strong attacking team? Liek Barca or Monaco? Our tête-à-tête with Bayern? Dortmund and Real?

- - - Updated - - -

We've been thru this discussion before here on 'Tuz. Correlation does not mean causation. Exclude Messi and Ronaldo, and then tell me what style have won the CL most times the last ten years?
You have a point. Gotta be interesting to see how Real Madrid and Barcelona will fare when those two retire. Especially Ronaldo have bailed Real out countless of times, Messi as well often for Barca.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I read that Juventus defence managed only 4 times to get the ball through passing from Buffon to opposition half of the pitch for whole fucking 90 minutes against Napoli
Yet people are attacking Higuain and Dybala for being off form... every time we got to the half way line it was play the ball back to Buffon or the defence and pin ourselves back again. Never seen such cowardly tactics

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Less money from not winning is going to lead us to a downward spiral of limited spending. We don't have unlimited funds like PSG
Whats the difference in Prize money between 1st place and second place? I imagine its small and that the difference in commercial revenue and CL revenue between Juve and Napoli is more than enough to offset the extra cash they will make by winning the league.

We are not PSG yes I am exaggerating but to Napoli we are so much richer and more influential that we might as well be like PSG in comparison.

The difference in financial power and buying power between Juve and Napoli is huge. One second place finish wont change that.It takes years.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
The idea that you can't win CL with Allegri's style :howler:
His tactics are fine, but it looks like he can't actually apply his ideas this season. I guess it is because our midfield is not consistent enough and we struggle because they can't keep the ball for shit when under pressure.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Less money from not winning is going to lead us to a downward spiral of limited spending. We don't have unlimited funds like PSG
You are a smart poster, so this post makes no sense. The prize money from domestic title is a pittance, it's not even enough to bridge 5 procent of the huge financial gap that exists between us and Napoli.

We are 3 times better run club then rest of the league and operate in another fiscally realm. Our biggest market share competition is Milan but they are like 5 years behind us.

Napoli and Roma closest sport competition past 7 years but financially they have no potential to compete, not big clubs with marketable fanbase.

Roma finally getting shirt sponsor, and they needed semi final in CL to finally find a decent sponsor...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
His tactics are fine, but it looks like he can't actually apply his ideas this season. I guess it is because our midfield is not consistent enough and we struggle because they can't keep the ball for shit when under pressure.
We have a horrible midfield (compared to our CL competitors), no leaders and too many hot/cold-players. That said I think it's fair to point criticism towards Allegri: lack of motivation and soem obscure lineups is on him.

But his fundamental football style is fine as you said. The idea that we should be able to get better results with a more attacking/passing style is blind naivety where one chose to ignore the poltergeist Khedira, soft Pjanic, Badass_Mautidi.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You are a smart poster, so this post makes no sense. The prize money from domestic title is a pittance, it's not even enough to bridge 5 procent of the huge financial gap that exists between us and Napoli.

We are 3 times better run club then rest of the league and operate in another fiscally realm. Our biggest market share competition is Milan but they are like 5 years behind us.

Napoli and Roma closest sport competition past 7 years but financially they have no potential to compete, not big clubs with marketable fanbase.

Roma finally getting shirt sponsor, and they needed semi final in CL to finally find a decent sponsor...

:agree:

Yeah, we'll still be in our own league domestically. It's our European rivals that will distance us further, but that has little to do with the Scudetto. No CL succes, no party.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it rhetorical or you don't know? How young are you Claudio? Their success (atleast in 03-07) was fairly recent enough.

I assumed he was asking about Sacchi's 87-91 team.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
According to Italian TV channel Top Calcio and it's director, Fabio Ravezzani, Conte has made it clear to Juventus that he would be willing to make a return to the Turin side. However, according to the same source, Juventus response was disappointing for the Italian manager, who expected at least a meeting with his former employers.

Juventus are only looking to get in negotiations for a new manager if Allegri decides to leave. With that said, they have set their eyes on a potential replacement, in the shape of Massimo Carrera, who currently is the manager of Spartak Moscow.

Carrera played for Juventus during his career as a player. In fact, he was also the assistant manager for the Bianconeri during 2012-2014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 243)