out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Higher goals/game, higher goals/minutes played, higher demand, more complete player, passes the eye test.
That’s because for the vast majority of his career, Aguero has been the main striker of whatever team he’s played for. Higuain played at Madrid for 6 years and had to share the duties with Benzema and later a GOAT level player in Ronaldo. And all the while, Higuain still had a very good goal scoring rate. Not to mention he broke a god-scoring record with Napoli recently too, in a very defensive oriented league like Serie A. Aguero is more “complete” but I feel that Higgy is the better finisher between the two.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
That’s because for the vast majority of his career, Aguero has been the main striker of whatever team he’s played for. Higuain played at Madrid for 6 years and had to share the duties with Benzema and later a GOAT level player in Ronaldo. And all the while, Higuain still had a very good goal scoring rate. Not to mention he broke a god-scoring record with Napoli recently too, in a very defensive oriented league like Serie A. Aguero is more “complete” but I feel that Higgy is the better finisher between the two.
Unfortunately, Higuain's misses in finals (unfairly) makes him inferior when compaered to similar quality players in most people's eyes. (It's not as if Aguero has done great things in finals himself).

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
And now they gonna say they didnt say it, cuz thats how trolls roll
Please link a post where I said that we do not create chances in Serie A.

You are an embarrassing troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Individual Brilliance.

Doesn't count.
Good thing Max has ze most incredible luck and astonishing individual brilliance to rely on. We'd probably get relegated if he did not. :seven:
Dybala’s individual brilliance is not an opinion, it’s a statistical fact. He scores way more goals than he theoretically should based on the quality of the chances we create for him.

This doesn’t mean that we don’t create chances in Serie A (we obviously do), but having one of the most lethal finishers in Europe on our team obviously helps.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This actually reminds me of a previous convo I was having earlier and I said I'd respond with data but I forgot. Here goes:

Serie A 14-15
Goals scored: 1024
EPL 14-15
Goals scored: 975

Serie A 15-16
Goals scored: 979
EPL 15-16
Goals scored: 1026

Serie A 16-17
Goals scored: 1123
EPL 16-17
Goals scored: 1064

Serie A 17-18
Goals scored: 761 - so far
EPL
Goals scored: 823 - so far

So out of the three previous seaons, Serie A has had two seasons with more goals scored than the EPL. This year is leaning towards EPL but it's still not over so who knows what the end result will be? My point, Serie A is not a defensive league and has not been for a long time now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And now they gonna say they didnt say it, cuz thats how trolls roll
Then they try to change the goalposts by saying they meant something else. Like they were only referring to against so-called "top teams."

A few goalpost changes later, and the only time we ever have played a top team in the last 6 years is when we lose, and revealed the true level of our mediocre team/"clown of a coach".

Funny fellows.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Dybala’s individual brilliance is not an opinion, it’s a statistical fact. He scores way more goals than he theoretically should based on the quality of the chances we create for him.
Is that chart showing goals/game? i don't understand where the "expected goals per 90 minute value" is coming from. It also says Ronaldo 0.3 goals/game, which might've been the case during the beginning of the season but is a totally different story now. Maybe it includes to narrow of a time span, only half a season.

Also, I see Aguero. Where's Higuain?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dybala has taken 29 attempts at goal in CL this year, in 7 matches. That's 4.1 shots per match. 11 of those shots were on goal. He has scored 1 goal.

Dybala's shot conversion in CL is an appallingly anemic 3.4%.

Dybala had 8 shots in two matches against Barca, including 4 shots from inside the box. 0 goals.

It's all Max's fault tho. He's our "clown of a coach" :baus: :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

And ya know, I still love Paulo and am super grateful for the goals he does score. That goal against Spurs was so damn clutch and amazing. I hope he spends his career here at Juve.

Some of us are grateful for the fantastic results of the past few years. Grateful to the players, the coach, the management. @Rollie

Others, not so much.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Dybala has taken 29 attempts at goal in CL this year, in 7 matches. That's 4.1 shots per match. 11 of those shots were on goal. He has scored 1 goal.

Dybala had 8 shots in two matches against Barca, including 4 shots from inside the box. 0 goals.

- - - Updated - - -

And ya know, I still love Paulo and am super grateful for the goals he does score. That goal against Spurs was so damn clutch and amazing. I hope he spends his career here at Juve.

Some of us are grateful for the fantastic results of the past few years. Grateful to the players, the coach, the management. @Rollie

Others, not so much.
Earlier today I read an exchange by Dominic and Dru, where they reminded themselves it had been 12 years since Calciopoli. Some real lean years in there, it's crazy to think how far the club has come under this management.

It's just not hard to tell what the problems are when you watch our team consistently. Max isn't one of our 'problems'. He's not always perfect, but he's done (and is doing) a great job.

Definitely need to operate well on the market this summer, keep these good times rolling.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

The club's ownership needs to approve some reasonable spending this summer. We can't expect to keep up with other clubs at the top of Europe long term spending 10-20 mil net each summer. The goal needs to be keeping the core of this squad together now and making big investment in the midfield + shoring up the RB position.

With Beppe, Paratici, Nedved working well, if the funds are there, we could easily go into next season with the strongest team we've had post-calciopoli. Just can't be selling starters to get starters in other positions again this summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree:

The club's ownership needs to approve some reasonable spending this summer. We can't expect to keep up with other clubs at the top of Europe long term spending 10-20 mil net each summer. The goal needs to be keeping the core of this squad together now and making big investment in the midfield + shoring up the RB position.

With Beppe, Paratici, Nedved working well, if the funds are there, we could easily go into next season with the strongest team we've had post-calciopoli. Just can't be selling starters to get starters in other positions again this summer.
:dule: :kiss: :heart:

Your 1st Ladyboy is on me :D :p

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Dybala takes a lot of shots from distance and difficult angles, that’s his style of play. How many clear cut chances has Dybala missed this season? Serious question, I can’t think of any. He missed a half chance against Barcelona away, that’s it.

However, Dybala has scored at least 7 or 8 goals this season from situations which 90% of the time should never have been goals. That punt against Sassuolo, the solo goal against Verona, the many shots from distance and free kicks. That’s why the actual number of goals he scores is far higher than how many he theoretically should score.

To deny that Dybala scores a lot of goals from individual brilliance and half chances is delusional. You can keep denying it and mocking it because you are so insecure that you think this might discredit Max, but it’s the truth.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Dybala takes a lot of shots from distance and difficult angles, that’s his style of play. How many clear cut chances has Dybala missed this season? Serious question, I can’t think of any. He missed a half chance against Barcelona away, that’s it.

However, Dybala has scored at least 7 or 8 goals this season from situations which 90% of the time should never have been goals. That punt against Sassuolo, the solo goal against Verona, the many shots from distance and free kicks. That’s why the actual number of goals he scores is far higher than how many he theoretically should score.

To deny that Dybala scores a lot of goals from individual brilliance and half chances is delusional. You can keep denying it and mocking it because you are so insecure that you think this might discredit Max, but it’s the truth.
I can think of a couple penalties :p

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I can think of a couple penalties :p
Yeah :lol:

Without those his Goal/XG ratio would have been insane. He scores so many brilliant individual goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they try to change the goalposts by saying they meant something else. Like they were only referring to against so-called "top teams."
When are you going to stop trolling and actually back up your claim?

You won’t find any posts of me claiming that we don’t create chances in Serie A, because I’ve never said that.

I just state inconvenient truths that hurt your feelings.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

You are an embarrassing troll.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn’t mean that we don’t create chances in Serie A (we obviously do), but having one of the most lethal finishers in Europe on our team obviously helps.
Spot on. :tup:

You are so right, too bad people around here don't recognize that we should sack this current clueless version of Allegri and try to get someone like Inzaghi, Sarri or Klopp instead before it's too late. We have better squad than all teams in Europe beside Real and Barca who only make the difference with Messi and Ronaldo but afterall we also fail to realize that we have Dybala among our ranks who is just as good as them so i woudnt worry too much about that ;), to me personally it's clear as daylight that this team is massively underperforming atm, if u ask me than we in coppa final, 1st place in Serie A and UCL quarterfinals only and just due to luck and individual brilliance and it just can't last for much longer this way, pfff we just bound to bottle it on all fronts at this rate...

All you Allegri fanboys should just shut up ok, i can't even remember last time we had any clear chances created that weren't just thx to individual brilliance pfff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 43, Guests: 296)