out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Your under the assumption we have to choose Man City's formation. But regardless, you should include Cheilini in the list, and make an argument for Higuaín and Costa.

Remember, Serie A is far more defensive than the EPL and more tactical, do not be overwhelmed by these statistics that Rahim Sterling scores. Just look at the example of Salah when he went to the EPL.
What about the statistics of Aquilani going to the EPL? Or Llorente? My point is that Salah is not scoring more because he plays in the EPL, it’s because he’s a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention that he used to play for Chelsea and sucked balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think Serie A has been higher scoring than the EPL the last few seasons, I’ll check and get back with data.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
What about the statistics of Aquilani going to the EPL? Or Llorente? My point is that Salah is not scoring more because he plays in the EPL, it’s because he’s a beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention that he used to play for Chelsea and sucked balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think Serie A has been higher scoring than the EPL the last few seasons, I’ll check and get back with data.

Llorente joined Spurs when he was a lot older, and he hardly set Serie A alight either. Aqualini was always only ever a player with potential, but injuries destroyed his career.

My point is, the likes of Dybala probably would be scoring a lot more had he played for Man City, because of their style of play.

Salah is a really good player, but I'm a little conscious to comparing him to the greats, because of the era of weak defending we live in.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Your under the assumption we have to choose Man City's formation. But regardless, you should include Cheilini in the list, and make an argument for Higuaín and Costa.

Remember, Serie A is far more defensive than the EPL and more tactical, do not be overwhelmed by these statistics that Rahim Sterling scores. Just look at the example of Salah when he went to the EPL.
All 3 players you mentioned wouldn't even be considered for Man City starting 11

It has nothing to do with ability but with characteristics

It's really a stupid comparison and would be better to compare fifa cards as that's what represents player ability more

Higuain isn't dynamic enough, Costa isn't intelligent enough and Chiellini has 2 left feet so you really thing he will be able to play out from the back like Guardiola demands?

Mar 10, 2009
All 3 players you mentioned wouldn't even be considered for Man City starting 11

It has nothing to do with ability but with characteristics

It's really a stupid comparison and would be better to compare fifa cards as that's what represents player ability more

Higuain isn't dynamic enough, Costa isn't intelligent enough and Chiellini has 2 left feet so you really thing he will be able to play out from the back like Guardiola demands?

Sorry but this is a ridiculous argument. Why does Guardiola's style of play and formation have to be the default format to use?

Why can't argue you how many players Man City players would fit into Juve's players with Allegri's style of play and formations then?

If you want to argue that they have a better quality that's fine, but to say that one Juve player would start, based on specific default tactics set by Pep, is a situational argument only.

- - - Updated - - -

Not inept, just too stubborn to give up on his beautiful football idea, even if it would increase the chance for his team to qualify.
Can't wait to see them knocked out!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sorry but this is a ridiculous argument. Why does Guardiola's style of play and formation have to be the default format to use?

Why can't argue you how many players Man City players would fit into Juve's players with Allegri's style of play and formations then?

If you want to argue that they have a better quality that's fine, but to say that one Juve player would start, based on specific default tactics set by Pep, is a situational argument only.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see them knocked out!
I think they all would fit into Allegri’s tactics. They’re more flexible players and equally importantly, Allegri is a more flexible coach.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
do it. same for PSG please
Ederson
Walker - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro
De Bruyne - Fernandinho - Silva
Dybala - Higuain - Sane

Szczesny
Alves - Silva - Chiellini - Sandro
Verratti - Pjanic - Matuidi
Dybala - Cavani - Neymar

- - - Updated - - -

Because they have world class players capable of turning the match around. Players like Neymar and Mbappe. Such level of players that we can only dream off.
Right now, Dybala is a better player than Mbappe.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I am getting a semi. Its happening. I am going to fab myself to death.
He basically is saying that we'll make him an offer(should Allegri leave) and its up to him if he wants to take it

Too much fuss is made about his so called 'mentality'. I truly think its the environment at the club that decides the mentality of the coach. Had Allegri been coaching Napoli, he'd be non-stop bitching about us getting preferential treatment. We already saw it in Milan with the gol di Muntari episode.

But there are coaches/footballers who are too proud and would let their ego and emotions come in their way when rival clubs come calling. Nainggolan for example. Maybe Sarri is in the same boat , who knows. But can Juventus straighten out Sarri and his eccentric behavior ? absolutely. It would be a big step in his career coaching a big club like us but only he can make or break his career.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Players or team? A champion team will always beat a team of champions. Man city and psg can spend their billion dollars each season but what has it got them? They have done no better tham we have.

At their very best and in form buffon chiellini benetia sandro pjanic dybala and higuain would all be pushing for starting roles.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36,280
    In four seasons Juve played 208 out of a possible 213 games: surpassing in percentages Barça, Bayern and PSG. - CdS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 146)