out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Our class? Can we be realistic for one second. We were the best team amongst a bunch of sub par serie A clubs. We couldn't hold our own against any team in Europe and you can tell by where the world ranks us and our campionato where the world thinks our class is. We are not a top tier league or team and we need years to be at their levels.
GTFO here! What a fucking victim statement, you call that realistic? Grow a fucking pair. We couldn't hold our own against any team in Europe?

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

So we didn't draw against Madrid in Turin, or lose by a goal in Madrid (with a CR7 PK as the winner)? Because to me, that sounds a bit like holding our own against the current CL title holders.

Stop moaning. Just because the pussy Elkans didn't defend the club properly, and the FIGC is corrupt as fuck and allowed the Calciopoli sham-trial to go down, which crippled our club and did massive damage to the league's reputation, doesn't change our REAL history. This club has a TON of class -- fino alla fine. As for the present, there is plenty of fucking class on this team, look at the squad we have, there are some great players here. And we weren't just "the best team amongst a bunch of subpar Serie a squads", either, we set a fucking all time points record in the league, while winning a historic third straight scudetto. Not easy to do.

2012-2013 we went out of the CL in the Quarterfinals to the eventual winners. Last year, we added guys like Tevez and Llorente, but crashed out earlier - which happens sometimes. Do you actually think we were a worse team last year than the year before, because we crashed out of CL earlier? Because we weren't, we just played a few really shitty matches at the wrong time, and were missing a bit of luck. Otherwise we could have been in the quarters or better again, likely made huge bank like we did in 2012-13 (when we generated more CL revenue than the winners, because of the market pool structure of the TV contracts), and you'd be singing a totally different tune.

That's the fucking nature of tournament football (and media hype in general), usually you're not nearly as good or as bad as the anglo-centric lame-stream media brands you. Also, the unexpected can certainly happen -- like Atletico being two minutes of injury time away from CL glory -- that's the nature of the tournament beast. We were one late brain fart in Lisbon away from heading to the Europa finals, and had we won that competition I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Our class? Can we be realistic for one second. We were the best team amongst a bunch of sub par serie A clubs. We couldn't hold our own against any team in Europe and you can tell by where the world ranks us and our campionato where the world thinks our class is. We are not a top tier league or team and we need years to be at their levels.
GTFO here! What a fucking victim statement, you call that realistic? Grow a fucking pair. We couldn't hold our own against any team in Europe?

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

So we didn't draw against Madrid in Turin, or lose by a goal in Madrid (with a CR7 PK as the winner)? Because to me, that sounds a bit like holding our own against the current CL title holders.

Stop moaning. Just because the pussy Elkans didn't defend the club properly, and the FIGC is corrupt as fuck and allowed the Calciopoli sham-trial to go down, which crippled our club and did massive damage to the league's reputation, doesn't change our REAL history. This club has a TON of class -- fino alla fine. As for the present, there is plenty of fucking class on this team, look at the squad we have, there are some great players here. And we weren't just "the best team amongst a bunch of subpar Serie a squads", either, we set a fucking all time points record in the league, while winning a historic third straight scudetto. Not easy to do.

2012-2013 we went out of the CL in the Quarterfinals to the eventual winners. Last year, we added guys like Tevez and Llorente, but crashed out earlier - which happens sometimes. Do you actually think we were a worse team last year than the year before, because we crashed out of CL earlier? Because we weren't, we just played a few really shitty matches at the wrong time, and were missing a bit of luck. Otherwise we could have been in the quarters or better again, likely made huge bank like we did in 2012-13 (when we generated more CL revenue than the winners, because of the market pool structure of the TV contracts), and you'd be singing a totally different tune.

That's the fucking nature of tournament football (and media hype in general), usually you're not nearly as good or as bad as the anglo-centric lame-stream media brands you. Also, the unexpected can certainly happen -- like Atletico being two minutes of injury time away from CL glory -- that's the nature of the tournament beast. We were one late brain fart in Lisbon away from heading to the Europa finals, and had we won that competition I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I doubt anyone here likes Allegri even a little bit, but it's unfair to blame him for the situation Milan were in. Perhaps his main guilt was being a yes man who quietly swallowed whatever shit Berlusconi and Galliani were serving him. Even a great coach wouldn't have changed anything there, except that such a coach would have left instead of staying and watching how Galliani is refusing to give Pirlo a new contract, how he's selling Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, exchanging Cassano with Pazzini and replacing Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Van Bommel and Gattuso with the likes of Constant and Birsa. On top of it, the star attacker Galliani gave to Allegri was a young idiot who is impossible to control.
What makes you think Marotta won't do similar moves? Sell Vidal and Pogba? exchange Marchisio with Poli? exchange Asamoah with Taider. And when Barzagli, Pirlo and Buffon retire, he'll bring you the cream of the cream from Sampdoria?

He has the ability to do that as he has done it before.

In the end it is the same Allegri that did not complain at what Galliani was doing, will he complain at what Marotta might do?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I doubt anyone here likes Allegri even a little bit, but it's unfair to blame him for the situation Milan were in. Perhaps his main guilt was being a yes man who quietly swallowed whatever shit Berlusconi and Galliani were serving him. Even a great coach wouldn't have changed anything there, except that such a coach would have left instead of staying and watching how Galliani is refusing to give Pirlo a new contract, how he's selling Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, exchanging Cassano with Pazzini and replacing Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Van Bommel and Gattuso with the likes of Constant and Birsa. On top of it, the star attacker Galliani gave to Allegri was a young idiot who is impossible to control.
What makes you think Marotta won't do similar moves? Sell Vidal and Pogba? exchange Marchisio with Poli? exchange Asamoah with Taider. And when Barzagli, Pirlo and Buffon retire, he'll bring you the cream of the cream from Sampdoria?

In the end it is the same Allegri that did not complain at what Galliani was doing, will he complain at what Marotta might do?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

It's just that, at this point it's contrafactual, because it hasn't happened yet. If that were to happen, though, believe me, I will criticize too. But so far, our squad remains the same, and it's a damn fine squad put together by the very management that is being criticized like crazy right now.

Let's just wait and see what happens.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

It's just that, at this point it's contrafactual, because it hasn't happened yet. If that were to happen, though, believe me, I will criticize too. But so far, our squad remains the same, and it's a damn fine squad put together by the very management that is being criticized like crazy right now.

Jan 5, 2007
you think he didn't fight? :howler: he made demands of the board and they failed to deliver, i don't see how you can't understand that simple piece of logic. fml!
a demand will not be meet after the CL failure, when u achieve ur target you get the reward like after 2012/2013 season.
but demanding high price players and risk the club financially when u couldnt pass the group stage with a team won the seria a twice + tevez and lorente well obviously they will not get what he want.
and he has to understand this not real madrid to cash what ever he want.

Jan 5, 2007
you think he didn't fight? :howler: he made demands of the board and they failed to deliver, i don't see how you can't understand that simple piece of logic. fml!
a demand will not be meet after the CL failure, when u achieve ur target you get the reward like after 2012/2013 season.
but demanding high price players and risk the club financially when u couldnt pass the group stage with a team won the seria a twice + tevez and lorente well obviously they will not get what he want.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well Allegri won the title with Milan when trebble winning Inter had Benitez as manager. He ended up second to a Juve that came from two seventh place positions. He came third after Balotelli's arrival mid-season saving his ass by making a quick impact. His real work appeared in his fourth season with Milan where they really looked like his Cagliari.

So the reason of his failure is bad management from Galliani and Berlusconi? As if Agnelli and Marotta are known for their top management, shall we look at what they did their first season? WHo did they hire as manager? What players did they buy?
Their second spell, hiring Conte (majority doubted him) was a gamble that paid off well. Pirlo (most thought he was finished) also a gamble that worked and Vidal a really pleasant surprise.
Not a single time they managed to buy the players that Conte asked for and at each failure they came out with excuses like Conte didn't want or Conte wanted someone else. At the beginning some fans bought it, later on it became ridiculous and they started using the money excuse while at the same time splashing millions here and there on average players. Just like they were doing this time around with Iturbe, Morata and Evra.

Galliani sold Zlatan and Thiago Silva to balance the books, what makes people think our club won't sell Vidal and Pogba to balance the books. We've been hearing how much our financial situation is bad for more than a year now. Isn't it time to fix it? How else can it be fixed? By winning the lottery?

Allegri might do something this season because our squad is strong enough but who knows how will it look like by the end of this transfer window, by the end of January....how will it look like next summer?

I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if it all ends disastrous. Anything better than that is just a bonus.

Over and out and may we have great seasons ahead of us, worthy of the club's name.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason why they sold these two was because Milan spent foolishly all those year prior, and had to do something to stop hemorrhaging money year over year? I'm not defending Allegri or anyone here, but everyone knew about Berlusconi's spending habits on his club, and how it would hurt in the future

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well Allegri won the title with Milan when trebble winning Inter had Benitez as manager. He ended up second to a Juve that came from two seventh place positions. He came third after Balotelli's arrival mid-season saving his ass by making a quick impact. His real work appeared in his fourth season with Milan where they really looked like his Cagliari.

So the reason of his failure is bad management from Galliani and Berlusconi? As if Agnelli and Marotta are known for their top management, shall we look at what they did their first season? WHo did they hire as manager? What players did they buy?
Their second spell, hiring Conte (majority doubted him) was a gamble that paid off well. Pirlo (most thought he was finished) also a gamble that worked and Vidal a really pleasant surprise.
Not a single time they managed to buy the players that Conte asked for and at each failure they came out with excuses like Conte didn't want or Conte wanted someone else. At the beginning some fans bought it, later on it became ridiculous and they started using the money excuse while at the same time splashing millions here and there on average players. Just like they were doing this time around with Iturbe, Morata and Evra.

Galliani sold Zlatan and Thiago Silva to balance the books, what makes people think our club won't sell Vidal and Pogba to balance the books. We've been hearing how much our financial situation is bad for more than a year now. Isn't it time to fix it? How else can it be fixed? By winning the lottery?

Allegri might do something this season because our squad is strong enough but who knows how will it look like by the end of this transfer window, by the end of January....how will it look like next summer?

I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if it all ends disastrous. Anything better than that is just a bonus.

Over and out and may we have great seasons ahead of us, worthy of the club's name.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason why they sold these two was because Milan spent foolishly all those year prior, and had to do something to stop hemorrhaging money year over year? I'm not defending Allegri or anyone here, but everyone knew about Berlusconi's spending habits on his club, and how it would hurt in the future

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Wat?

What player did we get from Sampdoria?

Ziegler on a bosman?

Done it before :lol:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Wat?

What player did we get from Sampdoria?

Ziegler on a bosman?

Done it before :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Look at my previous post, I said I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if things like this happen.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Look at my previous post, I said I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if things like this happen.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Don't try and explain logic to badass he's beyond it

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Don't try and explain logic to badass he's beyond it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 38, Guests: 259)