out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well Allegri won the title with Milan when trebble winning Inter had Benitez as manager. He ended up second to a Juve that came from two seventh place positions. He came third after Balotelli's arrival mid-season saving his ass by making a quick impact. His real work appeared in his fourth season with Milan where they really looked like his Cagliari.

So the reason of his failure is bad management from Galliani and Berlusconi? As if Agnelli and Marotta are known for their top management, shall we look at what they did their first season? WHo did they hire as manager? What players did they buy?
Their second spell, hiring Conte (majority doubted him) was a gamble that paid off well. Pirlo (most thought he was finished) also a gamble that worked and Vidal a really pleasant surprise.
Not a single time they managed to buy the players that Conte asked for and at each failure they came out with excuses like Conte didn't want or Conte wanted someone else. At the beginning some fans bought it, later on it became ridiculous and they started using the money excuse while at the same time splashing millions here and there on average players. Just like they were doing this time around with Iturbe, Morata and Evra.

Galliani sold Zlatan and Thiago Silva to balance the books, what makes people think our club won't sell Vidal and Pogba to balance the books. We've been hearing how much our financial situation is bad for more than a year now. Isn't it time to fix it? How else can it be fixed? By winning the lottery?

Allegri might do something this season because our squad is strong enough but who knows how will it look like by the end of this transfer window, by the end of January....how will it look like next summer?

I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if it all ends disastrous. Anything better than that is just a bonus.

Over and out and may we have great seasons ahead of us, worthy of the club's name.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well Allegri won the title with Milan when trebble winning Inter had Benitez as manager. He ended up second to a Juve that came from two seventh place positions. He came third after Balotelli's arrival mid-season saving his ass by making a quick impact. His real work appeared in his fourth season with Milan where they really looked like his Cagliari.

So the reason of his failure is bad management from Galliani and Berlusconi? As if Agnelli and Marotta are known for their top management, shall we look at what they did their first season? WHo did they hire as manager? What players did they buy?
Their second spell, hiring Conte (majority doubted him) was a gamble that paid off well. Pirlo (most thought he was finished) also a gamble that worked and Vidal a really pleasant surprise.
Not a single time they managed to buy the players that Conte asked for and at each failure they came out with excuses like Conte didn't want or Conte wanted someone else. At the beginning some fans bought it, later on it became ridiculous and they started using the money excuse while at the same time splashing millions here and there on average players. Just like they were doing this time around with Iturbe, Morata and Evra.

Galliani sold Zlatan and Thiago Silva to balance the books, what makes people think our club won't sell Vidal and Pogba to balance the books. We've been hearing how much our financial situation is bad for more than a year now. Isn't it time to fix it? How else can it be fixed? By winning the lottery?

Allegri might do something this season because our squad is strong enough but who knows how will it look like by the end of this transfer window, by the end of January....how will it look like next summer?

I am not calling doom but I won't be surprised if it all ends disastrous. Anything better than that is just a bonus.

Over and out and may we have great seasons ahead of us, worthy of the club's name.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:shifty: do you see the irony here?

I don't see any irony here to tell you the truth. First off, Juve have not sold their two best assets. In fact, in the past three years, what major assets to the club have they sold? Matri? His girlfriend was more of an "ass"et than he was. Giacchernii? Juve actually got a chance to break even on the sale of a player who was a bench player at best who was only going to have diminishing returns to begin with. And besides, the only person who wanted him to stay was SHeik Yerbouti, so , I mean, come on now :D. To the contrary, they have added players every year, including two strikers that this club so desperately needed.

They haven't sold anyone of circumstance, because they haven't needed to, so I don't see where these situations are similar.

Now, of course, if a month from now, Juve go and sell Vidal and Pogba, then its a different story. But since we are dealing in the now, this is all we have to go off of

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I don't see any irony here to tell you the truth. First off, Juve have not sold their two best assets. In fact, in the past three years, what major assets to the club have they sold? Matri? His girlfriend was more of an "ass"et than he was. Giacchernii? Juve actually got a chance to break even on the sale of a player who was a bench player at best who was only going to have diminishing returns to begin with. And besides, the only person who wanted him to stay was SHeik Yerbouti, so , I mean, come on now :D. To the contrary, they have added players every year, including two strikers that this club so desperately needed.

They haven't sold anyone of circumstance, because they haven't needed to, so I don't see where these situations are similar.

Now, of course, if a month from now, Juve go and sell Vidal and Pogba, then its a different story. But since we are dealing in the now, this is all we have to go off of

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What are you babbling on about. There was nothing but up for him here! He needed to fight, if what you say is true, for his direction and his vision for his "love" Juve
if he were just ditching the team as you say then he would've left in May. If he originally agreed to stay and then left right into preseason it's probably because something he was expecting wasnt delivered upon

Losing Conte is devastating but you can't really expect him to stay here forever if he feels the club is stagnating.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What are you babbling on about. There was nothing but up for him here! He needed to fight, if what you say is true, for his direction and his vision for his "love" Juve
if he were just ditching the team as you say then he would've left in May. If he originally agreed to stay and then left right into preseason it's probably because something he was expecting wasnt delivered upon

Losing Conte is devastating but you can't really expect him to stay here forever if he feels the club is stagnating.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
OK I think I've calmed down since yesterday but it doesn't look any better for me :p

If Conte handed his resignation the board shouldn't panic and go for the first available guy. I think the fans could live with Conte's departure if his replacement would be someone from Juve's environment and I'll explain why it's so important.
Allegri comes and he's attacked by the fans from day 1. He, just by accepting this job took huge responsibility on his shoulders and just because [loved by the fans to death] Conte left he's getting even more pressure on himself. Conte's success makes it even worse.Try to imagine what will happen once Allegri starts to make mistakes. He'll be whistled at the stadium and criticized from everyone and everywhere. He won't take it IMO and will be bound to make even more mistakes. When Conte failed those few times he was here, he still got full support from the fans because he's Juve's ex captain and basically 'our man'.
I think it would be wiser if the board promoted Carrera and/or Alessio to continue Conte's job. Those are the best options to do it the most efficiently and both are 'our man'. That's why I hate those new generation businessmen - they think they can replace everyone and forget about values of this club and importance of fans reactions. Now the board have most of their fans against them and it could get ugly with time. When fans aren't happy some of them will not spend money to back the club up.

I can't see what Allegri has to offer in comparison to Conte's closest co-workers. I think the worst case scenario just happened because coach is the most important in this environment. Before Conte came we had some players who were just mediocre under mediocre coaches. Conte came and they started to do much better. The same applies to Garcia's Roma for example. I'm afraid Allegri will destroy Conte's job in no time because he's simply not good enough (I'm not talking about available alternatives but importance of having a good coach). What we see is Murphy's law realization because we lose a fantastic coach and replace him with a spineless milanista turd hated by our fans. I don't see how our players would prefer to work under Allegri more than under Carrera/Alessio.

There's just some little hope for Allegri left tbh. IMO the best he can do is not to try to fix something that's not really broken. If he wants his 4312 then fine but try to make as little changes as possible and build upon Conte's job. I'm afraid he won't though and that's where Alessio/Carrera definitely would do so.

Either way I hope Allegri will be gone after this season despite what he achieves. Being realistic I'm questioning his ability to succeed here because he might be a 'not bad' tactician but he's a very poor motivator. These player know how to play but they'll find it hard to stay motivated another year and we cannot miss out on CL next season. I doubt we will win scudetto again, mainly due to Conte's departure and Roma's very good mercato. They stick to Garcia and he's already proven to be a good coach who managed to do very well despite the sales of Lamela, Marquinhos and Osvaldo. If they sell Benatia I have no doubt they will still do very well.

If Agnelli sticks to Allegri after the season I'll put a Badass tbh. It barely ever happens I agree with him but this time we have similar opinion on this matter. I just don't blame the board for Conte's exit but for very poor handling of the whole situation which I explained above.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
OK I think I've calmed down since yesterday but it doesn't look any better for me :p

If Conte handed his resignation the board shouldn't panic and go for the first available guy. I think the fans could live with Conte's departure if his replacement would be someone from Juve's environment and I'll explain why it's so important.
Allegri comes and he's attacked by the fans from day 1. He, just by accepting this job took huge responsibility on his shoulders and just because [loved by the fans to death] Conte left he's getting even more pressure on himself. Conte's success makes it even worse.Try to imagine what will happen once Allegri starts to make mistakes. He'll be whistled at the stadium and criticized from everyone and everywhere. He won't take it IMO and will be bound to make even more mistakes. When Conte failed those few times he was here, he still got full support from the fans because he's Juve's ex captain and basically 'our man'.
I think it would be wiser if the board promoted Carrera and/or Alessio to continue Conte's job. Those are the best options to do it the most efficiently and both are 'our man'. That's why I hate those new generation businessmen - they think they can replace everyone and forget about values of this club and importance of fans reactions. Now the board have most of their fans against them and it could get ugly with time. When fans aren't happy some of them will not spend money to back the club up.

I can't see what Allegri has to offer in comparison to Conte's closest co-workers. I think the worst case scenario just happened because coach is the most important in this environment. Before Conte came we had some players who were just mediocre under mediocre coaches. Conte came and they started to do much better. The same applies to Garcia's Roma for example. I'm afraid Allegri will destroy Conte's job in no time because he's simply not good enough (I'm not talking about available alternatives but importance of having a good coach). What we see is Murphy's law realization because we lose a fantastic coach and replace him with a spineless milanista turd hated by our fans. I don't see how our players would prefer to work under Allegri more than under Carrera/Alessio.

There's just some little hope for Allegri left tbh. IMO the best he can do is not to try to fix something that's not really broken. If he wants his 4312 then fine but try to make as little changes as possible and build upon Conte's job. I'm afraid he won't though and that's where Alessio/Carrera definitely would do so.

Either way I hope Allegri will be gone after this season despite what he achieves. Being realistic I'm questioning his ability to succeed here because he might be a 'not bad' tactician but he's a very poor motivator. These player know how to play but they'll find it hard to stay motivated another year and we cannot miss out on CL next season. I doubt we will win scudetto again, mainly due to Conte's departure and Roma's very good mercato. They stick to Garcia and he's already proven to be a good coach who managed to do very well despite the sales of Lamela, Marquinhos and Osvaldo. If they sell Benatia I have no doubt they will still do very well.

If Agnelli sticks to Allegri after the season I'll put a Badass tbh. It barely ever happens I agree with him but this time we have similar opinion on this matter. I just don't blame the board for Conte's exit but for very poor handling of the whole situation which I explained above.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No because I don't see us faced with a situation where our best players are sold or not given a new contract. We're yet at the assuming stage regarding the reason for Conte's departure. Fortunately our situation is not even a little bit similar to Milan's.
Of course, the directors will always prefer a yes man.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No because I don't see us faced with a situation where our best players are sold or not given a new contract. We're yet at the assuming stage regarding the reason for Conte's departure. Fortunately our situation is not even a little bit similar to Milan's.
Of course, the directors will always prefer a yes man.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

that is exactly what i said to Jem earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this board sell our assets to balance the books. never mind though it's still Conte's fault for abandoning the club and all praise lord Andrea Agnelli for being a true Juventino for sticking by all this time and fucking this club up

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

that is exactly what i said to Jem earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this board sell our assets to balance the books. never mind though it's still Conte's fault for abandoning the club and all praise lord Andrea Agnelli for being a true Juventino for sticking by all this time and fucking this club up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 55)