out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm here to restore the secular and democratic fabric of Tuz

You rabid Allegro radicals turned this place into a dictatorship over the past two years, constantly mocking and insulting people/getting people banned for voicing their dissent towards jihadi Allegro

We lost a sincere freedom fighter in Rus who was fighting the good cause from the beginning and history proved him right in the end

Alas it seems we're finally getting freedom from oppression and terrorism. Alhamdulillah may peace and brotherhood prevail on Tuz. Ameen.
:lol:

Imbecile post

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Too many unfortunately.

I don't recall one game in which I liked our football, if that's what you're asking. Our players look scared, if not outright weak most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

"Ho visto tanta qualità oggi."
That's all on homeboy allegri, not to mention the shambolic play, the negative tactics... He has managed to antagonize everyone to the point of masking other people's failures.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's all on homeboy allegri, not to mention the shambolic play, the negative tactics... He has managed to antagonize everyone to the point of masking other people's failures.
Maybe. But I'm not here to defend Allegri. It doesn't really matter what happens. If you're the coach of Juventus and you don't win trophies for two consecutive seasons, you're out. It's as easy as that really.

But in my opinion our problems as a club are much more structural than just the manager. In particular I feel our buying and selling of players was done without a real plan for the last few seasons.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Maybe. But I'm not here to defend Allegri. It doesn't really matter what happens. If you're the coach of Juventus and you don't win trophies for two consecutive seasons, you're out. It's as easy as that really.

But in my opinion our problems as a club are much more structural than just the manager. In particular I feel our buying and selling of players was done without a real plan for the last few seasons.
Quite a revelation. Shocking!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

It’s as if some think these two things are mutually exclusive. And you aren’t anti-Allegri enough if you don’t think this squad would be a top CL contender with a better coach lol

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The squad is definitely not our best ever, but at the same time we still shouldn't be losing to Israelis, Monza, and Empoli.

I just hope we don't bring in another Sarri (for example) and then just give him a midfield of Matuidis. Then why bother?

And this is not even touching on our match fitness.
Tek

Danilo - Bonucci - Bremer

Chiesa - Locatelli - Paredes - Rabiot (Pogba) - Kostic

Di Maria - Serb/Pol

4 World Cup winners
2 Euro winners
1 Europa League winner
2 defenders of the year
1 season and half 38 goal scorer

Solid mix of experience, skill, and youth.

But loses to Maccabi. There are no excuses.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
okay, so it looks like i wasn't fully clear. my bad then. if anyone thinks that this squad is good enough to fight for the scudetto or a comfortable progression to the cl quarters, then they will be 100% disappointed with the next coach, whoever it might be. i said the same when pirlo was rumored to be fired and all kinds of replacements were thrown around in the media, and the situation only got worse for this season. this squad lacks leadership, experience, attacking quality, balls, speed, everything. this is by far the weakest juve squad of the last decade, and it's not even close. a new coach will make it look better with a less passive approach, games will be less of a torture to watch, it's still nowhere near the quality we're used to, and with players of this quality, results will be hectic too. that's what i meant with the quoted part

when rabiot and danilo are your best and most consistent players, i'd think it would be obvious for everyone
I do. It’s not the greatest squad but good enough to be a Serie A contender if properly instructed and coached.

Well, regarding the CL I think it depends on which group we end up landing in, I wouldn’t expect this squad to go through a group of death with the likes of PSG and Liverpool but give us a group like the one we had and round of 16 would be my expectation.

I agree with everything else.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I do. It’s not the greatest squad but good enough to be a Serie A contender if properly instructed and coached.

Well, regarding the CL I think it depends on which group we end up landing in, I wouldn’t expect this squad to go through a group of death with the likes of PSG and Liverpool but give us a group like the one we had and round of 16 would be my expectation.

I agree with everything else.
And this is why he should be fired. Which everyone on the board but a few posters trolling has believed for months now.

But I guess if you’re not demanding he be tarred and feathered, then drawn and quartered, means you’re still being an “Allegro radical throater” according to the Xperds and Dinguses.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
okay, so it looks like i wasn't fully clear. my bad then. if anyone thinks that this squad is good enough to fight for the scudetto or a comfortable progression to the cl quarters, then they will be 100% disappointed with the next coach, whoever it might be. i said the same when pirlo was rumored to be fired and all kinds of replacements were thrown around in the media, and the situation only got worse for this season. this squad lacks leadership, experience, attacking quality, balls, speed, everything. this is by far the weakest juve squad of the last decade, and it's not even close. a new coach will make it look better with a less passive approach, games will be less of a torture to watch, it's still nowhere near the quality we're used to, and with players of this quality, results will be hectic too. that's what i meant with the quoted part

when rabiot and danilo are your best and most consistent players, i'd think it would be obvious for everyone
It's all good, I know what you meant and at this point we're all pretty much at the same place. We're all on this forum just talking in circles and repeating the same points out of frustration and boredom because our season has been over for months now. :p

Personally, in the league I think we could've been at least closer to first (points bullshit aside). In the Champions League though, we could've (or should've) beat Brugge for sure but would've died against Bayern with this squad so it's a lottery at that point of course. But we all know this anyway.

Just look at the posts above, people are taking things way too personally now. It's not that serious everyone, just chill.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
And this is why he should be fired. Which everyone on the board but a few posters trolling has believed for months now.

But I guess if you’re not demanding he be tarred and feathered, then drawn and quartered, means you’re still being an “Allegro radical throater” according to the Xperds and Dinguses.
We are all on the same page then. Great! You may not want the tarring and feathering, but leave a bit for the rest of us please.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Haters were hating from his very first day back. I didn’t want him back but gave him a fair chance.

Although I have to admit it took you, s4tch and Dai a little too long to realize we were going nowhere with him. That gave the haters even more ammunition. On the other hand I understand he is (or was) a very likeable figure that made history with the club so it’s all good. I’m glad you all came to your senses.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Haters were hating from his very first day back. I didn’t want him back but gave him a fair chance.

Although I have to admit it took you, s4tch and Dai a little too long to realize we were going nowhere with him. That gave the haters even more ammunition. On the other hand I understand he is (or was) a very likeable figure that made history with the club so it’s all good. I’m glad you all came to your senses.
Things started to collapse in his last 2 seasons before he was fired first time. His shortcomings were revealed back then and re-confirmed this time again. There has been plenty of evidence to base that on, without us having to "give him a chance".

Recurring themes
- low energy team, always exhausted and needing to "conserve energy" (wtf is that?)
- absolute bonkers lineups with attacking players completely out of positions and when it occasionally worked, he was a genius for making it complicated and still passing by?
- completely new lineups game after game
- lack of cohesion and attacking patterns and movement. Always backpassing and then random long balls forward or crosses with no players in the box (or crossing to short players like Dybala)
- ridiculous subs that invites pressure when we are leading and in control (Like the United game)
- over reliance on individual brilliance
- overusage of de sciglio, ruganis, bonuccis, khediras and other useless players past it or who never had it
- etc etc.

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Things started to collapse in his last 2 seasons before he was fired first time. His shortcomings were revealed back then and re-confirmed this time again. There has been plenty of evidence to base that on, without us having to "give him a chance".

Recurring themes
- low energy team, always exhausted and needing to "conserve energy" (wtf is that?)
- absolute bonkers lineups with attacking players completely out of positions and when it occasionally worked, he was a genius for making it complicated and still passing by?
- lack of cohesion and attacking patterns and movement. Always backpassing and then random long balls forward or crosses with no players in the box (or crossing to short players like Dybala)
- ridiculous subs that invites pressure when we are leading and in control (Like the United game)
- overusage of de sciglio, ruganis, bonuccis, khediras and other useless players past it or who never had it
- etc etc.
Bonucci and especially Khedira were actually quite good during their prime.

Jun 16, 2020

Recurring themes
- etc etc.
Overal over all those 4 seasons we always lacked a true identity. I’d say only the start when we signed Ronaldo, let’s say the first 15 games, were great but we ended toothless and with awful play aswel that year.

I think over the past 3 to 4 seasons of Allegri the thing that will stand with me the most are the explosive amounts of injuries and the minimalistic type of gameplay we had. I really have to give a shout out to some of my friends who will charge their batteries to watch a Juve game with me even though they aren’t fans of the club, how many boring nights we had on my couch.

Lets not forget that this year didn’t go to hell after the points deduction, the first half of the season was a true nightmare with games far below level. Allegri’s approach is outdated, allowing any opponent to press for 80 minutes and somehow trying the scrape a win is impossible if you don’t have a world class player on every position.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Tek

Danilo - Bonucci - Bremer

Chiesa - Locatelli - Paredes - Rabiot (Pogba) - Kostic

Di Maria - Serb/Pol

4 World Cup winners
2 Euro winners
1 Europa League winner
2 defenders of the year
1 season and half 38 goal scorer

Solid mix of experience, skill, and youth.

But loses to Maccabi. There are no excuses.
It's also the way we lost and the way we approach games which has been my biggest gripe more than the results in itself. Easily the worst prepared team in Europe.

Try to score in the opening twenty minutes and then defend for the rest of the game regardless of whatever happens in the opening half.

Even if you field eleven amateurs instead of those bunch of players, that's still a pathetic way to approach games.

It's mind-boggling that there are some that still that find this acceptable in 2023 especially given our financial constraints.

Juventus and Allegri sadly haven't evolved from 'deep defense and protect your lead' mantra.

There's literally no point of hyping up the next gen team or emphasizing more on building a young core when all you do is just organize the defense.

A few more years of the same and we'll be decades behind the top clubs.

Two nothing seasons have dropped our expectations massively. Whoever comes in should be given time to implement his style and identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at the posts above, people are taking things way too personally now. It's not that serious everyone, just chill.
You can clearly see who are taking this seriously, who are getting rattled and who aren't. :spliff:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 96)