Mascherano rumor again (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Rafa Sure Mascherano Will Stay At Anfield

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has dismissed reports that Javier Mascherano has grown disillusioned with his status at Anfield and will thus move in the January transfer window.

The Argentina international remains on-loan with the Reds and is reported to be unhappy at the lack of speed in Liverpool securing his future, leading him to contemplate a move to admirers Juventus.

However, both Benitez and Mascherano have expressed a desire to extend the 23-year-old's stay, and the news that owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have successfully refinanced their ailing financial situation has made the manager confident that his holding midfielder will now be bought outright.

The Spaniard also suggested that the sale of want-away midfielder Mohammed Sissoko would grease the wheels in signing Mascherano.

"It could help," Benitez told Liverpool's official website when asked if Sissoko's sale could help finance a deal.

"We don't have too much news but we are working with Mohamed Sissoko and I think we are close to a final solution which will be good for him and the club.

"I have confidence Mascherano will stay with us. I don't know the exact position now but I talked to the player yesterday and he wants to stay.

"I have had some contact with the owners. We were talking before about Sissoko and Mascherano. We are working and being pro-active."

goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
How dumb is that?

Juve gives Liverpool 10M€ for Sissoko
Liverpool gets the money for Mascherano

This must be some really fucked up nightmare :(

EDIT:

I mean seriously..
I thought that after Calciopoli and the promotion, Juve would want quality signings!!
Players them team would be built around!!
That would make a difference and take our broken team to the level we had prior to the demotion..
But all I see is the club looking for Patches!!
players that won't give us nothing on the long term..
players like Sissoko and like Boumsong was!!!!

I really feel sad about this.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
tonight i saw sissoko for the first time and hes performance was ok. imo we dont need any new man in this department.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if we do get him then we must be getting rid of some1...Sissoko Zanetti Marchisio Nocerino + Mascherano as the DMFs??? looks kinda excessive to me

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We are still interested on Masce... Sissoko's 10 mil are not enough for Pool to keep him, esp if they wont win need any titles.
You do know that Pool refinanced right? They were able to pay for the new stadium and set up a transfer budget for the summer. How poor to do you think we are? We may not be Man U but we're hardly Birmingham.

Mar 30, 2006
i don't see Mascherano coming at all now that we bought Sissoko.

It would make no sense and be very expensive for us.

I am hopeful of quality signings of an attacking mid and a defender in the summer.

But we wont be getting anything else now.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Nocerino is playing just like Gattuso used to play at that age, we should give him a lil more time and he will be our pitbull...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)