Mascherano rumor again (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Lady

Mar 6, 2006

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
you are right but we also need an experienced young defensive midfielder, and that is what Mascherano is

OP
Old Lady

Old Lady

Mar 6, 2006
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'll never say no to him, he's already brilliant and so young.

Fortunately we have a healthy strikeforce to hold out until we get a playmaker

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    We have not really seen what Mascherano is capable of without a playmaker in front of him, except, of course, his lackluster days at the Hammers. He's a good young midfield destroyer and all, however sometimes I wonder if he can only thrive when he has an attacking midfielder to pass the ball to. All I have ever seen him do with the ball at his feet is make short passes, so in some ways perhaps this sort of player isn't what we really need. I would prefer somebody who can do it all in midfield and distribute the ball all over the pitch.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
    DD sayd that nobody will join us in January because it will destroy the Team...And i think that is the right decision. If Masce will join us only in June. So now we can let play all the youngsters that is good enough for Serie B.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Be ace signing but think he probably needs a more creative midfielder beside him. Be surprised if it happens in January.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    To succeed in serie a, u need a player like Mascherano; DM. His West Ham form means nothing, as the entire team are playing horrible. He is still 1 of the brighest stars for his position.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    West Ham appointed Alan Curbishley as a Manager, ex Charlton manager, so Mascherano will have to prove now that he is worth something, otherwise he is coming to Juventus...

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    i think if there is a possibility to sign him in january juve should so he will have settled in Italy in time for new season.

i think curbishley will play javier a lot more than pardrew

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    There are three developments in this story:

Euro giants sniffing around Upton Park

According to “Gazzetta dello Sport” Serie B giants Juventus are likely to offer Javier Mascherano a way out of Upton Park in January.

The 22-year-old midfielder has failed to live up to expectations since his arrival from Corinthians and has never looked comfortable in his new surroundings.

Despite his poor run of form, the Argentinean is thought to have many admirers across Europe, especially in Italy, with Fiorentina, Internazionale and Juventus all interested in his services.

However, Juventus seem to be the favourites to sign the diminutive midfielder as they look to seal an immediate return to the top-flight.

New West Ham manager Alan Curbishley is not expected to block Mascherano's departure.

Fansfc.com

--------------------------------------------------------

Juventus want to sign West Ham's Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano for £12m.

The Times

--------------------------------------------------------

Deschamps admits Mascherano interest

Juventus coach Didier Deschamps has admitted his interest in West Ham United midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Argentina international has failed to hold down a place in the Hammers' midfield despite an impressive showing in the World Cup, and the Serie B giants could be ready to offer him a way out of Upton Park in January.

"He's a great player, exactly the sort we need," commented Deschamps. "But that is not to say that we have already agreed a deal."

While any move in January would be clouded by FIFA's regulation stipulating that no player can play for more than two clubs within a 12 month period after July 1, it is thought the Italian and Argentinian FA could make an exception.

London-based investment company MSI currently hold the transfer rights to the player.

Eurosport

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I think it would be better to sign him in January cause he may find his form until June and become irreplacable for West Ham and that would just increase his price...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Juventus boss Didier Deschamps has admitted he is a fan of Javier Mascherano, as talk of a transfer for the West Ham midfielder continues to grow.

Both Mascherano and his international colleague Carlos Tevez have been linked with a January exit from Upton Park after the failure of Kia Joorabchian - the man who brought them to the Premiership - to take control of the London club.

New owner Eggert Magnusson has tried to keep a lid on speculation that the former Corinthians stars will leave in the New Year, but Mascherano in particular continues to be linked with a move aboard after failing to settle at The Hammers.

Juventus have been put forward as potential candidates for his signature, should MSI decide to move him on, and Deschamps has conceded that Mascherano is the kind of quality player he is searching for.

However, the Bianconeri are currently planning market moves for June, when they hope to have confirmed their Serie A status, meaning talk of a January move for Mascherano may be premature.

"Mascherano? Now he's not playing, but he did good things with the national team," Deschamps told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"There is the need to evaluate the cost, but if it is not him, it will be people of his level - international and proven players.

"The club and the owners know that Juve need investment if they are going to fight for the title.

"I believe in this because there are no signals to make me think otherwise."

Both Gianluigi Buffon and David Trezeguet have stated they will only stay in Turin if Juve build a team capable of challenging for the Serie A title next season - assuming they win promotion this term - and Deschamps has recognised the need for substantial investment.

"They are right, the team must surely be strengthened with important players, at least three; one for each line," Deschamps added.

"[We need] elements who could allow us to make a jump in quality, and maybe another two or three replacing those who will have their contracts expire."

SkySports.com

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)