Mascherano rumor again (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
It would be nice to have player like Mascherano in Juve, but on the other hand his arrival will demoralise our youngsters especially Paro and Marichiso who had tough time to won the place in the team against Zanetti and Giannicheda (i know they are injured, but still...) And bringing another player to theit position will mean that one must have to go to bench...

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
It would be nice to have player like Mascherano in Juve, but on the other hand his arrival will demoralise our youngsters especially Paro and Marichiso who had tough time to won the place in the team against Zanetti and Giannicheda (i know they are injured, but still...) And bringing another player to theit position will mean that one must have to go to bench...
They still need to learn and serie A needs quality and experience as well...:smoke:
they'll have their time to shine :smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Paro has advantage of Giannichedda, and bringing Mascherano means that Paro and Marchisio need to fight and show more which can only be good.

Also this means we could get rid of Giannichedda who is getting old and is not "Juve material":D anymore...

Conclusion: Mascherano can only bring us more good things...

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Originally Posted by mark83
Paro has advantage of Giannichedda, and bringing Mascherano means that Paro and Marchisio need to fight and show more which can only be good.
agree:agree:

im expecting alot from Paro, although he still has a long way to go i think he will be great in serie A.
still, we need someone like Mascherano for next year:agree:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
According to corriere dello sport, we will announce the capture of Mascherano in January to convince Camoranesi, Trezeguet and Buffon to remain.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
First lets us get promoted then i can go on the streets and scream about all these new players for next year! But i love too see Mascherano playing for Juve!

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Paro and Marchisio still have to learn. But I think they have good chances to replace Zanetti in the years to come. They get experience now in Serie B and next year as substitutes in Serie A and then we will see how good they really are. I think it would be too much a risk to already rely on them next year if we really want to challenge for Scudetto.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Paro and Marchisio still have to learn. But I think they have good chances to replace Zanetti in the years to come. They get experience now in Serie B and next year as substitutes in Serie A and then we will see how good they really are. I think it would be too much a risk to already rely on them next year if we really want to challenge for Scudetto.
:agree:

and

I want to add that I want Mascherano now, why wait if we are so close to him?

As Dominic said, Camo, Buffon and Trez will start to realise that we have a good future plan...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
:agree:

and

I want to add that I want Mascherano now, why wait if we are so close to him?

As Dominic said, Camo, Buffon and Trez will start to realise that we have a good future plan...
u r right mark...this management should do something, as I started to lose faith in it almost completely !!!:sigh:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventus want to sign West Ham's Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano for £12m. (The Times)

Certainly seems to be becoming more likely that Juve will sign him. This was in the BBC Gossip bit.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Alan Curbishley, the new West Ham United manager, may have inherited a squad beset by problems but one of the thorniest — the future of Javier Mascherano — could soon be resolved. Juventus want to sign the Argentina midfield player.
Officials at the Italian club have spoken with representatives of Media Sport Investment (MSI), which owns the rights to Mascherano, and are prepared to offer up to €18 million (about £12 million) for him. With the transfer window due to open on January 1, MSI has set its opening price at a prohibitive €30 million.

However, with Mascherano keen to leave and Curbishley unlikely to stand in his way, a compromise deal could be reached next month. At a recent meeting between MSI and Eggert Magnússon, the new West Ham chairman, it was made clear to the former that Mascherano had no part to play at the club in 2007.

Real Zaragoza, the Spanish club, and Fiorentina are also believed to be interested in Mascherano, though the Italian club may not be able to afford his wages, reputed to be more than £40,000 a week.

Mascherano moved to West Ham from Corinthians, the Brazilian club, in controversial circumstances in August as part of a two-player package. Carlos Tévez, his compatriot, joined him at Upton Park in a deal brokered by Kia Joorabchian, the head of MSI, who was also involved in discussions to take control of the Barclays Premiership club.

Alan Pardew, Curbishley’s predecessor, was unhappy at having the players foisted on him shortly before the summer transfer market closed. With West Ham slipping towards the Premiership relegation zone, the arrival of the South Americans was blamed for its unsettling effect on the squad.

As Joorabchian lost his buy-out attempt at West Ham, with Magnússon and his Icelandic consortium completing the £85 million takeover last month, Mascherano became a more peripheral figure, albeit after suffering injuries. Conversely, Tévez, the Argentina striker, has shown improved form and should have a role to play under Curbishley.

Juventus, demoted to Serie B this season after the Italian match-fixing scandal, are well placed to return to Serie A next year. The signing of Mascherano, who has Italian grandparents and an EU passport, would strengthen their hand, though they may be prepared to risk waiting until the summer.

When Tévez and Mascherano arrived at Upton Park, the move appeared to be cloaked in mystery and intrigue. The nature of Mascherano’s leaving could become murky, too, with clarification needed over who should conduct the sale with Juventus or rival bidders.

The player’s contract with West Ham runs until 2010. However, his contract with MSI is lodged with the Argentine FA and is not due to expire until 2011. Clouding the issue further is the Fifa regulation that a player cannnot play for more than two clubs in a 12-month period after July 1.

It is thought that this problem could be resolved if the football associations of both countries — in this case, the FA and the Italian FA, or perhaps the Argentine FA — agree to waive the rule. It is also thought that MSI, in an effort to move their client to a better environment, may argue a case of restraint of labour.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Alan Curbishley, the new West Ham United manager, may have inherited a squad beset by problems but one of the thorniest — the future of Javier Mascherano — could soon be resolved. Juventus want to sign the Argentina midfield player.
Officials at the Italian club have spoken with representatives of Media Sport Investment (MSI), which owns the rights to Mascherano, and are prepared to offer up to €18 million (about £12 million) for him. With the transfer window due to open on January 1, MSI has set its opening price at a prohibitive €30 million.

However, with Mascherano keen to leave and Curbishley unlikely to stand in his way, a compromise deal could be reached next month. At a recent meeting between MSI and Eggert Magnússon, the new West Ham chairman, it was made clear to the former that Mascherano had no part to play at the club in 2007.

Real Zaragoza, the Spanish club, and Fiorentina are also believed to be interested in Mascherano, though the Italian club may not be able to afford his wages, reputed to be more than £40,000 a week.

Mascherano moved to West Ham from Corinthians, the Brazilian club, in controversial circumstances in August as part of a two-player package. Carlos Tévez, his compatriot, joined him at Upton Park in a deal brokered by Kia Joorabchian, the head of MSI, who was also involved in discussions to take control of the Barclays Premiership club.

Alan Pardew, Curbishley’s predecessor, was unhappy at having the players foisted on him shortly before the summer transfer market closed. With West Ham slipping towards the Premiership relegation zone, the arrival of the South Americans was blamed for its unsettling effect on the squad.

As Joorabchian lost his buy-out attempt at West Ham, with Magnússon and his Icelandic consortium completing the £85 million takeover last month, Mascherano became a more peripheral figure, albeit after suffering injuries. Conversely, Tévez, the Argentina striker, has shown improved form and should have a role to play under Curbishley.

Juventus, demoted to Serie B this season after the Italian match-fixing scandal, are well placed to return to Serie A next year. The signing of Mascherano, who has Italian grandparents and an EU passport, would strengthen their hand, though they may be prepared to risk waiting until the summer.

When Tévez and Mascherano arrived at Upton Park, the move appeared to be cloaked in mystery and intrigue. The nature of Mascherano’s leaving could become murky, too, with clarification needed over who should conduct the sale with Juventus or rival bidders.

The player’s contract with West Ham runs until 2010. However, his contract with MSI is lodged with the Argentine FA and is not due to expire until 2011. Clouding the issue further is the Fifa regulation that a player cannnot play for more than two clubs in a 12-month period after July 1.

It is thought that this problem could be resolved if the football associations of both countries — in this case, the FA and the Italian FA, or perhaps the Argentine FA — agree to waive the rule. It is also thought that MSI, in an effort to move their client to a better environment, may argue a case of restraint of labour.
Is it just me, but I have a feeling Mascherano is almost being treated as a "slave" here (to burrow the quote from Mourinho). I feel sorry for the lad. He has shown tremedous talent at the international stage, but his career could be in jeopardy because he has been more or less "forced to play" for West-Ham to enhance the take-over bid of his employers. These kind of labour contract should be under the subject to legal review, and I am shocked at to FIFA still havent tackled this issue convincly. Of course when team owns a player there is often similar case of owner of the player and player's interest diverging, but at least team provides genuine benefit to the structure of the game. These investment companies such as MSI is strictly profit driven with no externality and when their interest conflict with the player then only player and fans have everything to lose.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Mascherano would undoubtedly be a great signing for us but I fear it will mean limited chances for Paro or Marchisio. :frown:
Oh don't get me started again on that ! Let's face it marchisio is a great talent but he needs to learn a lot before becoming a first choice! Rotation system will do it !

Come on guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)