Martin Cáceres (12 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lb was covered for the present, with Evra (Top Class), Asa (very good) and Padoin (Decent) doing what they did last season. Sandro as a world class player on top of them is a slight improvement for the present and buys us security in the future. Looking at the signing in isolation, it is definitely a good signing. However, AM did not and still does not have a single top class player, and amongst non-top talents we have just one player to play that position. Allegri publicly said he wanted a world class AM.

Getting a long term world class Lb when adequate cover was already there is < getting a world class AM where no adequate cover exists.

I dont see why its a controversial point. A top AM was a more pressing issue than a top Lb because of the lack of adequate cover in the AM position and how essential that position is in Allegri's 4-3-1-2. The same applies even more clearly for Zaza
We'd be stuck with 34 yo evra for every game, since Asamoah wasn't available for the the first 4 months and even now he can't play consistently due to recovery. Padoin lol, he's barely decent and can't be relied upon for longer spells. Next year Sandro would be playing in EPL or Spain and we'd be kicking ourselves for the missed opportunity. He's gonna become one of the finest LBs in the game.
-

If I remember correctly, we really didnt go after draxler for a long time and were outbid by wolfsburg. The Sandro and Zaza signings came earlier on in the transfer season and so I think you are mistaken in saying that we were going for Draxler and then decided to pursue Sandro and Zaza instead. The order we followed had draxler at the end of our market if memory serves me right. The money for Sandro and Zaza was already spent by the time we went after Draxler.
We were in a verge of signing Atletico's FB, as a cheap solution. After it became obvious Draxler or any other top AM isn't coming here, we went for Sandro. I actually think it would have been mistake if we had signed Goetze or Draxler and had missed out on Alex Sandro.

I did not predict a mid table finish. As far as I remember, I predicted a top 3 finish if marchisio comes back and stays injury free and a mid table finish if marchisio remains out. Even if I did make that prediction(which i don't remember making), the indicators back then were that we were a mess. we changed formations something like 8 times in 10 games and had our worst start to a season in the last few decades. The players were running around like headless chicken and so naturally this data forecasts a very dark future. You do not rationally expect a stock that has been in free-fall for a couple of months to suddenly take a great continuous hike. We were warranted in thinking that the season would go bad. It was not an unreasonable forecast to make given the available evidence at the time. You are a main of faith in this regard and you were vindicated but that doesnt mean we were unreasonable in our prediction. In epistemology we call predictions like yours cases of epistemic luck.
I would say that anyone who expected Juve to finish outside of top 3 this season had set the bar too low, regardless of the initial results. My prediction had nothing to do with luck, since in the first 10 rounds we'd concede goal from the first shot on target, while dominating the opposition and squandering dozen of chances in the process. We were unlucky and during the course of the season I had expectations that it would even out. See the Serie A thread, as I posted something similar at the peak of our crisis.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Opportunity does not come twice.
Real madrid offer ricardo rodriguez for 45 million euro.
Purchasing sandro will make us keep winning future.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's already rich though.
How rich can he possibly be? He hasn't signed many, if any, mega million dollar contracts. He might be looking for one last real payday to secure his family's future. No one can fault him for that

I would be happy if he stayed, but you have to admit, 10 million for someone who is a free agent in less than 6 months is a crazy offer. If we were the ones who were offering that, this forum would explode.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How rich can he possibly be? He hasn't signed many, if any, mega million dollar contracts. He might be looking for one last real payday to secure his family's future. No one can fault him for that

I would be happy if he stayed, but you have to admit, 10 million for someone who is a free agent in less than 6 months is a crazy offer. If we were the ones who were offering that, this forum would explode.
His yearly salary is rumoured to be around 2 million Euros. Obviously there are players who earn more, but that's not bad at all. A normal person would be more than comfortable with 2 million for the rest of his life. Assuming a slightly more luxurious lifestyle, dude's a footballer, he has still made 2 million a year for a couple of years. Surely he's pretty rich by now?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
His yearly salary is rumoured to be around 2 million Euros. Obviously there are players who earn more, but that's not bad at all. A normal person would be more than comfortable with 2 million for the rest of his life. Assuming a slightly more luxurious lifestyle, dude's a footballer, he has still made 2 million a year for a couple of years. Surely he's pretty rich by now?
You also have to take into consideration that his career could be cut short at a moment's notice, and if he has no other, or limited outlets to generate income, that money can disappear before you know it. I guess it all depends on whether he has the right people looking out for his money. It's shocking how quickly these athletes piss through everything

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You also have to take into consideration that his career could be cut short at a moment's notice, and if he has no other, or limited outlets to generate income, that money can disappear before you know it. I guess it all depends on whether he has the right people looking out for his money. It's shocking how quickly these athletes piss through everything
Well, it depends on the athlete himself I guess. If you're on the Juventus roster for several years, you should be set for life. If you're not, it means you must have screwed up. I know nothing about the guy's intelligence or how he handles money though. Smashing a Ferrari seems like a dumb move.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, a lot of pro athletes are extremely stupid with their money unfortunately, and it's even sadder when they came from humble beginnings and go back to feeding off scraps.

Well, it depends on the athlete himself I guess. If you're on the Juventus roster for several years, you should be set for life. If you're not, it means you must have screwed up. I know nothing about the guy's intelligence or how he handles money though. Smashing a Ferrari seems like a dumb move.
It was an accident. :p

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
With the amount of money he earns, he and his family could be set for years and years to come in his home country. That is, if he decides to live the live of an above average citizen.

With the money caceres has earned, he can pay outright any top tier apartment for him and his family, pay his little girls school and university also outright without any inconvenience, and pay some expensive things for his woman. he can even buy a couple of top tier cars for his family and his girl wtihout even sweating. Not to have to worry about food or any kind of those worries mortal humans have.

But, If he decides to continue crashing ferraris and trying to live like Mayweather, then lol no. His money will go down the drain.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
and get an inferior player to Alex Sandro. great job :tup:
Not necessarily. The worst case scenario is that Asamoah continues to be your lwb next year and you'd have also had a great AM already in the team for the current season. We would have the versatility of switching formations like last season.

Your buying strategy should not be that of prioritizing "steals" and opportunity signings over players that would fill key holes in your standard formation. Ideally you want opportunity signings in key holes in the squad (eg. Pirlo, Tevez and llorente). Thankfully marotta doesn't prioritize opportunity over need consistently the way say Galliani has been doing for years.

Again as long as marchisio is fit we should win Serie A. I would even controversially say that we can manage without dybala more than we can without Marchisio for prolonged periods though SS needs to be addressed too.

Jun 6, 2015
Not necessarily. The worst case scenario is that Asamoah continues to be your lwb next year and you'd have also had a great AM already in the team for the current season. We would have the versatility of switching formations like last season.

Your buying strategy should not be that of prioritizing "steals" and opportunity signings over players that would fill key holes in your standard formation. Ideally you want opportunity signings in key holes in the squad (eg. Pirlo, Tevez and llorente). Thankfully marotta doesn't prioritize opportunity over need consistently the way say Galliani has been doing for years.

Again as long as marchisio is fit we should win Serie A. I would even controversially say that we can manage without dybala more than we can without Marchisio for prolonged periods though SS needs to be addressed too.
Marchisio is the most important player in the team for sure. We definetly need to find a great backup player for him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

yeah right. top 3-4 players on their position we are getting each mercato. missed out on Alex Sandro and Kurzawa? who cares, well get Rodriguez next summer for 40-50M (whos still inferior to Sandro), or take Marcelo away from Real. or maybe take Alaba from Bayern, that sounds like a good idea. there was not a single AM on the market last summer that would have the same impact on this team and that would improve the team overall more than the backup LB we got. if you think there was, name one. and then think if it would be worth losing Sandro to sign that player.

Asamoah played a total of 4 games (of which he started only 2) in 2015. over the last 2 seasons, he played a total of 14 games, most of which were before the injury. at the moment, he is too much of a risk to count on him as a regular player. Evra is old and he needs to rest every now and then. who would we play if Asa is not fit 90% of the time?

as for your last statement, thats like saying City should win the EPL as long as Silva and Aguero are fit. or Barca should win La Liga as long as Suarez and Rakitic are fit. yeah, if your key players are fit and available for most games, you should be fine. thats nothing new. however, what you actually want is more depth, and not any random depth, depth good enough to replace our no.1 and no.2 best performing players this season and for the team to stay just as good. after spending so much time criticizing Marotta for not getting a starter AM you now want him to keep adding more (expensive) depth. you also try to present it like we would crumble apart if one of them or both would be missing for a longer period of time. but we wouldnt. sure it would hurt us, but not as much as you think. our depth in midfield is fantastic. if Marchisio is gone, we can field Lemina or Hernanes instead of him. even Khedira id trust in that role. upfront, we can combine Morata with one of Zaza or Mandzukic (we beat City away without either of Marchisio or Dybala starting, with Mandzu-Morata upfront). Zaza and Morata have played very well together in their games so far too. we can set a more defensive midfield and try to play through the wings with both Sandro and Cuadrado on the field. we can add an additional midfielder in Pereyra behind the strikers or play a 4-3-3 with two of Morata/Cuadrado/Pereyra on the wings.

Dybala and Marchisio were both incredibly important this season, but there are ways to set up a competitive team without one (or both) of them

Quaglia18

May 8, 2012
Reports from Italy claim that after this weekends meeting with his agent and because of Allegris pressure to keep him, management are working on an extension till 2019&#128077;&#128077;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)