Martin Cáceres (6 Viewers)

Nov 17, 2012

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If this guy keeps doing what he's been doing tomorrow night and beasts against Milan, then I believe the starting spot should be his.

I love Barzagli, but you have to reward other players who're doing well when they rise to the occasion. If he messes up in the future, though, then Barzagli can have his place back.

And if he plays a poor match tomorrow, Barza can have his place back etc.

Barza is incredible and I'm dying for him to get back into our team, but as long as Caceres is playing like he's doing currently I think Andrea should be forced to wait.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Barzagli is by far the best defender of our team. If Caceres plays comparably at the LCB spot I could get behind him replacing Chiellini, but Barzagli is one of the few undisputed starters in the team.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The only way for Caceres to remain starter when Barzagli returns is if he remains at RCB and Barzagli plays sweeper.

Which would be interesting to see.

Nov 17, 2012
I believe he played CB one game in 2012 pairing with Vidal. Or maybe it was just Vidal that was playing CB that game. Can't remember 100%
IIRC, it was against Genoa we played Vidal and Caceres at CB in a back four; Barzagli had a niggle (I think) and both Chiello and Bonny were out due to suspension (or something to that effect). I'm quite sure we played a few games there with a 4 back simple because we didn't have enough fit/available defenders. Vidal and Caceres managed a clean sheet that day as well! :)

Considering Bonucci is making less long passes, this would be a good idea to try out.
Our defense would be so much better if we placed Caceres in between Barzagli and Chiellini; for what small amount would be lost in passing and attacking ability you'd have an even stronger, more fierce and pacier back-line that would be even harder to break down. IMO, due to Caceres' own breed of ferocious tackling, combined with his pressured man marking, his great anticipation plus his natural agility, pace and strength (which, for a smaller bloke, he's pretty beefy, and in all physical department, superior to Bonny), he'd be worth trying that's for sure!

Jul 1, 2010
If this guy keeps doing what he's been doing tomorrow night and beasts against Milan, then I believe the starting spot should be his.

I love Barzagli, but you have to reward other players who're doing well when they rise to the occasion. If he messes up in the future, though, then Barzagli can have his place back.

And if he plays a poor match tomorrow, Barza can have his place back etc.

Barza is incredible and I'm dying for him to get back into our team, but as long as Caceres is playing like he's doing currently I think Andrea should be forced to wait.
Barzagli has earned his place by being our best defender since 2011. If someone has to earn his place its Chiellini, who has been poor for some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)