Martin Cáceres (14 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Uh oh.. is he the typical late blooming defender? He looks incredible this season. Possibly earning a chance to be the Barzagli replacement but we have to see him a few times in a 4 man line.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In these last couple of games, there has been little evidence of Allegri looking for Bonucci to attempt difficult passes in the way that Conte did.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
In these last couple of games, there has been little evidence of Allegri looking for Bonucci to attempt difficult passes in the way that Conte did.
Spot on. I like having Cáceres as the RCB. Martin having that bit of pace about him helps to cover the right side when Lichtsteiner is marauding up the pitch.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Also, a quicker tempo to the match, and winning the ball higher up the pitch, means we are starting attacks less from the back. There are subtle differences to Allegri's 3-5-2 but I think I'm in favour right now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Also, a quicker tempo to the match, and winning the ball higher up the pitch, means we are starting attacks less from the back. There are subtle differences to Allegri's 3-5-2 but I think I'm in favour right now.
I think a lot of it is that Allegri is getting quite close to actually maintaining the 3-5-2 shape when Juve don't have the ball.

Latterly under Conte, Juve were falling back to 5-3-2 very quickly when they didn't have the ball and when you are in that shape you have little option but to drop deep and let the opposition have the ball because you simply don't have enough players high enough up the pitch to have a decent chance of winning it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)