Martin Cáceres (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
overall he played so well, but his errors...unforgivable.
He does make errors, but he also made some vital tackles.
It's not just the brainfart. He also lost Ronaldo way too easy for the second goal (was he trying to put Ronaldo offside?) and there was that another silly mistake in the first half where he was protecting the ball and still managed to lose it to Bale, 10 meters from our goal. Three such mistakes against Real will always result with at least 2 goals.
i disagree, he made a few other mistakes, his grinta is good only if it comes without fatal mistakes, had buffon or bonucci made a similar mistake despite having solid games we wouldnt hear the end of it
He's still the exact same player he was when he first arrived (first stint).

He'll work hard, come up with some amazing tackles & may even contribute to a goal more often than Licht (for example). But when push comes to shove, he's not reliable. Never has been and probably never will.

You can put some of his mistake down to our insistence to always play the ball from the back. At times it is frankly ridiculous. Look at goal kicks. Teams know we play it short and the ball has to leave the penalty area so we stand just outside the edge of the penalty area, they press us and then we have to hurry it back to Buffon who has to make a rushed kick which goes nowhere. Clearly that is muuuuch better than just playing a normal goal kick off the ground....especially with Llorente up front.

Our guys in defense need to be smarter, and that includes Buffon. When the time calls for it you just get the ball up the pitch or line.
:tup:

Possibly the most annoying part of our game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Despite his HUGE mistake, I thought he was brilliant, offers more going forward than Lict but isn't nowhere near as defensively competent as the Swiss

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's still the exact same player he was when he first arrived (first stint).

He'll work hard, come up with some amazing tackles & may even contribute to a goal more often than Licht (for example). But when push comes to shove, he's not reliable. Never has been and probably never will.
Most likely, and its a shame because he has so much going for him otherwise, which is why he will remain popular. Top defenders simply can't make regular mistakes.

I do like him as our defensive cover, however.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah, it's difficult to dislike him as a player, both because of the work he puts in & the obvious qualities that are easy to spot. But for us, or for the team we're hoping to be(come) anyway, he's a back up solution at best. Which he already is, so it makes sense :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A defender's primary pruprose is to defend!!
Not pass (Bonucci) nor going forward (Caceres)
Passing and going forward can be tactically usefull and in some cases, against inferior opposition, it can be prooved really helpful.

BUT NOT against the best teams of the world, where every little detail counts, can and will be exploited.
Bonucci and Caceres can be usefull at the build up, but the are liabilities as far as defensive solidarity is concerned.
I insisted so much on that, both at good at bad times, if he watch the Caceres trivia mistake that resulted to a goal that sealed our CL hopes, you will understnd why i insisted so much.
Such things are bound to happen.
Caceres is a tool, great tool, there is time and space to use him and this time it wasnt.

Instead of getting a great solid CB, we bought Ogbonna, mostly because he is Italian, but where was he yesterday, two of our 3 CBs we fielded yesterday were defensive liabilities.
Without Chiellini we ought to compenstate with one more solid option, the fault for that lies on both Conte and Marotta, not at all at Caceres, IMO, we all know what he is capable of and what isnt!
It was the wrong choice to put him there and then.

At such games, liabilites like Caceres, Bonucci and Varane, can and will be exploited and everything is put to the balance and minor details make the difference in the end...

Caceres has a future with us, but at this games, with Chiellini out of the picture, we ought to have another option.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
tbh i dont understand all this hate.. the guy yes did have a brainfart but give him a break guys.. he is a quality defender and just came back from long time and he actually played very good.. and he is still young btw guys!! i really still want him to play more.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nah, is not hate. I really like him, specially cuz he really wanted to play in this team. He is very athletic and a good juventino.

Lets hope he improves... but with Lichty looming in the horizon... i think he will return to the bench pretty soon.

But seriously... i want to see more from him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yes one mistake
Two mistakes - and I didn't even watch the game, so I don't know what he did that didn't make the highlights.

He's ball watching and lets Ronaldo run off him in the build-up to the second goal.

That turns a normal, controlled situation into a very dangerous three on three.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Two mistakes - and I didn't even watch the game, so I don't know what he did that didn't make the highlights.

He's ball watching and lets Ronaldo run off him in the build-up to the second goal.

That turns a normal, controlled situation into a very dangerous three on three.
He wasn't ball watching... he was outpaced and Barzagli was behind there covering, so he looked around to see if he could intercept the pass.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
caceres is back up player.

i am not sure what sort of performance people are expecting.

the sooner litch comes back, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)