Martin Cáceres (13 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I guess it is all about expectations. We always expect Buffon to be a god, and Bonbon has been quite solid over the past two seasons, that we have also come to expect a certain standard from him. However, with Caceres the bar is considerably lower, given the fact he doesn't get as many games/opportunities to prove himself. He isn't a regular/starter, so naturally expectations are lower. Nonetheless, I do agree that his fatal mistake was unforgivable. He gifted Madrid a goal out of nothing. We might have well gone on to win the game had his brain fart not resulted in Madrid grabbing an equalizer that proved to be the impetus for them to wake up and dominate large portions of the 2nd half.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This is exactly why I don't rate him as a defender. He can be such a defensive liability. Really let the team down.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
This is exactly why I don't rate him as a defender. He can be such a defensive liability. Really let the team down.
maybe he cost us a goal, but he also got us one as well with that great cross.

we only have isla instead and he would have cost us 2 goals probably and 0 offensive threat

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
maybe he cost us a goal, but he also got us one as well with that great cross.

we only have isla instead and he would have cost us 2 goals probably and 0 offensive threat
The difference is that he killed the team with that mistake.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He still made up for it
No he didn't. You can't make such an error against such an opponent and expect to get a 'Free out of jail card' for an assist in a game your team didn't win, especially when a win was badly needed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I totally agree with X, he made so many mistakes but he was playing good otherwise. I don't think anyone described him better than me a few pages ago, he was a real rollercoaster.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It shows how important Licht is to this team. He's so reliable.

What annoyed me, yes Caceres didn't have anywhere to go but he should of blasted it out for a throwing instead, let the team regroup.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
No he didn't. You can't make such an error against such an opponent and expect to get a 'Free out of jail card' for an assist in a game your team didn't win, especially when a win was badly needed.
Are you suggesting we should've played Isla instead?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
i disagree, he made a few other mistakes, his grinta is good only if it comes without fatal mistakes, had buffon or bonucci made a similar mistake despite having solid games we wouldnt hear the end of it
The difference is someone like Bonucci would have allowed Ronaldo 16 shots on goal. This guy contained Ronaldo for most of the match.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is that he killed the team with that mistake.
Any player can make a mistake, great teams are able to come over them and soldier on.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It shows how important Licht is to this team. He's so reliable.

What annoyed me, yes Caceres didn't have anywhere to go but he should of blasted it out for a throwing instead, let the team regroup.
You can put some of his mistake down to our insistence to always play the ball from the back. At times it is frankly ridiculous. Look at goal kicks. Teams know we play it short and the ball has to leave the penalty area so we stand just outside the edge of the penalty area, they press us and then we have to hurry it back to Buffon who has to make a rushed kick which goes nowhere. Clearly that is muuuuch better than just playing a normal goal kick off the ground....especially with Llorente up front.

Our guys in defense need to be smarter, and that includes Buffon. When the time calls for it you just get the ball up the pitch or line.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
You can put some of his mistake down to our insistence to always play the ball from the back. At times it is frankly ridiculous. Look at goal kicks. Teams know we play it short and the ball has to leave the penalty area so we stand just outside the edge of the penalty area, they press us and then we have to hurry it back to Buffon who has to make a rushed kick which goes nowhere. Clearly that is muuuuch better than just playing a normal goal kick off the ground....especially with Llorente up front.

Our guys in defense need to be smarter, and that includes Buffon. When the time calls for it you just get the ball up the pitch or line.
That's coaching. We've been instructed to play the ball from the back and utilise short goal kicks (and corners).

If Conte had a problem with it, it would have stopped by now. Hasn't, so it's obviously a manager/coach idea.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
While Caceres provided 2 assists over the 2 games, he had a big hand in 3 of the goals conceded! I like Martin, but in these two games we really missed Lichtsteiner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)