Martin Cáceres (15 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Chiellini is irreplaceable but I cannot comment Neto. Haven't seen him. But yeah, it might be true that caceres might not be solid enough against wc teams. Against smaller teams however I would hold him high in the pecking order because of his pace that is more suitable to cover large grounds that come up against those teams.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Caceres to step in for the injured Chiellini..sure Caceres may lack game time but I'm sure he will do just fine. This is the chance for Caceres to shine. Just some game time momentum and understanding with the team and he will do a fine job. It's fortunate that we play against Celtic in the CL so he will do the job just fine, as long as he doesn't do anything silly. I still love his header goals against Inter + Napoli

Despite this a backup defender is still needed, and i dont mean playing Marrone as an emergency CB.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
getting another defender would be a mistake IMO.
Someone needs to replace Lucio, we cannot have 3 CBs for spots and play them all season long, in each and and every of the 3 competition we participate, without having to face some injuries/suspensions.
The wingbacks we have are useful as tactical options, but they do lack the defensive solidarity to play as dedicated CBs, esp in the highest competition derbies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
IMO trust should be put into Marrone and Caceres. I think they're enough to replace, also Vidal can can be used in case of extreme emergency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)