Martin Cáceres (4 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
«I’m really happy to be at Juve, even if I don’t know if I’ll stay or if I’ll go back to Barcelona. Anyway, I’m happy here and I hope I will stay». Martin Caceres has no doubt: he’d like to stay in black&white, to confirm what he did this year and to try to redeem a season of disappointing results.

The Uruguayan, at Filo Diretto show on Juventus Channel, hopes that at least the two last matches will give him some satisfactions: «We know that our position is not so good and nobody likes it therefore we try to end up the best way possible. Even if we get to fifth of sixth place it won’t be positive, but at least it would be important to avoid anticipating our training. It’s not simple saying what did not work, it’s been a difficult year and I don’t know the reason why. We hope the next season will be different».

After the stop due to his groin, Martin went back into the group and he is ready to restart: «Now I feel better. After two months and a half of stop, obviously I’m not at the top, but I can play anyway and I hope I will in the next two matches».

Juventus.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
No, often watching him this season he leaves to many gaping holes at the back, his defensive positioning is poor and he's always leaves his marker and relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. I'd rather he went back to Barcelona.
Said that the first time i've seen him here. Never been impressed by the guy....

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
No way, he's sloppy as he's while in that RB position, playing him as a CB would be asking for trouble and a lot of PKs.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No way, he's sloppy as he's while in that RB position, playing him as a CB would be asking for trouble and a lot of PKs.
Oddly enough, at Aberdeen we have a LB who is a dodgy defender.

However, when he plays CB he plays in a far more concentrated and responsible manner.

It's rather odd, so I won't say Caceres would be the same, but I wouldn't rule out giving him a game or two at CB.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm wondering where all the "Caceres is returning from injury, give him time" talk is, like that given to the overrated goon Iaquinta who apparently has been recovering from injury for three years now.

Double standards abound.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
It is a shame, perhaps, that we haven't seen him as a centre back, because perhaps that is his best position. Right back cannot be his best position, because he is generally awful there. Showing nothing more valuable than heart...which has seemed welcome this season when the rest of the squad have been lacklustre in spirit, but looking at him from a technical perspective, as a footballer, he is terrible. Send him home.

Jul 15, 2006
you really hate iaquinta huh??
No. I completely agree with Andy's critiscism of Iaquinta, ok blah blah he works hard etc. But with him being and international going to the World Cup and all I really hope we can get a good deal for him. In Amauri's defense his main outlet is in the air and when hold's up the ball using his strength. There has been virtually no service for him in this context. Sell Iaquinta and change formation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No was Caceres would move both Legro and Canna out of the way to play CB this season. Though, I can't help but wonder if he would be a better gamble than the likes of Bonucci, Rannocchia or Kjaer for the position and just buy him on the cheap and spend on a phat RB.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Caceras is not diciplined enough to be a cb. way too rash, just like chiellini. We need a calm player next to chiellini. some one like Cannavaro or thuram of 2005.

on the other hand caceras has shown himself to be a good rb. he looks comfortable there because he is not expected to shoulder the defense. and he can cross too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)