Martin Cáceres (8 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Terrible decision making by him for the penalty.

But the only person willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Exactly.

He may have caused that penalty but he played with the heart of a lion, unlike the rest. He kept running, was the only one to be dangerous forward and fought for every ball like there was something on the line in this game.

May 22, 2007
Yeah, the only bright thing in the match apart from our goal. His run and work to set up Trezeguets second chance earn him a pass. I liked the way he sprinted back from the Bayern area to stop Robben from attacking as well. Something I don't see Grosso doing for us ever.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
he doesn't get injured every 3 seconds, and doesn't around slapping Camera men.

so not yet
I mean a Zebina in his prime.

A great performance except one stupid and costly mistake is exactly what I associate with Zebina.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I say forza Caceres too. A bit unpolished at the penalty situation but this guy shows determination and drive. And for a central defender he does quite well offensively down the flank too.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Giving away the penalty was quite rash and unnecessary, but Caceres was one of the only players out there who showed any heart and desire.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he will do these things he is young, he still terrorized the bayern defenders when going forward and defended very well

he seems to love his slaloms between there players, good to see.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I can't tell about the penalty. I might be too subjective but his foot didn't touch Olic, right? But the force when he do the slide hit Olic a bit, and it's a soft penalty. And if u want to fair, the one who caused the situation is Legro when he try to dribble outside penalty box, he dispossessed and that time Caceres already start to run forward so there is Olic behind him. And he try to close and block Olic from shooting then

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At least i like his desire to fight and corses...but in the mistake department, he reminds me a lot to Legrotagglie who loves to do mistakes.

He has never chanegd and never will.

If Caceers turns to be this kind of player, even when he is a fighter, im sorry but we cannot afford this mistakes in the most crucial moments.

Ill judge him at the end of the season.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Most of our defenders are mistake prone.
Caceres was forced to cover up a tactical and individual mistake and almost did that right. I m not quite sure actually, did he touched the ball, before touching the player? The replay i saw doesnt clarify that.

Then, he really tried hard to make up, for his mistake and among with Marchisio they were the only two, young and foolish enough to keep trying, in a game the rest of our team just bend over...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

He made up for his penalty IMO during the game, probably our best player on the pitch. I'd even say his penalty was unlucky, he realized he won't get the ball, looked like he was stopping his tackle but it was too late...Not a dreadful start and I don't hold any grudge against him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IMO, he needs to stop doing silly mistakes, but to be fair with him, he is young and can learn. Because of that i think he needs to be judged later.

Also, dont fool yourselves thinking hat the penalty started everything.......
Just right after we scored, we started to get raped for the rest of the match.

We were going to get raped anyways, just like with Bordox-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)