Martin Cáceres (12 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
He was extremely motivated when Buttocktelli came in. He upped his game with such aggression that the Oscar winner changed flanks.

Knocking the hell out of the the No. 1 guy on the Bianoneri's list of hated Inter players does win the hearts of the Juve faithful. Chiellini did the same with Ibra 2 yrs back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hope people will have some patience with Caceres in the future, when he makes mistakes and has bad games, which will undoubtedly happen.

We've all seen the potential that he has as a player and the heart with which he plays, so I hope we don't have a rollercoaster of "sell this piece of crap, not worth the money" and "OMG BEST RB IN SERIE A".

Give him time (as Ciro looks more than willing to do) and we'll be able to make a good assessment of his worth by the end of the season.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Football Italia...

Juventus have been so impressed by on-loan defender Martin Caceres that they are prepared to sign him on a permanent basis from Barcelona.

The 22-year-old Uruguay international moved to Turin in the summer with a right-to-buy written into his deal worth approximately £11m.

He has performed well both at right-back and at the heart of the Juventus defence, persuading Ciro Ferrara to push the board into signing him outright.

Tuttosport understands Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco has already started negotiations with Barcelona about a transfer in the summer.

However, he is trying to reduce the agreed asking price to inside of £10m as bonuses included in the original arrangement could push Caceres out of Juventus's price range.

The Bianconeri are looking to reinforce their backline as Fabio Cannavaro is likely to retire at the end of the season and both Zdenek Grygera and Jonathan Zebina no longer offer cast-iron guarantees.

If Caceres does join on a permanent basis he will no doubt move into the centre of the defence as Juventus have been scouting natural right-backs like Rafinha and Bacary Sagna.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10mil?? Hmmm dunno about that price!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I hope people will have some patience with Caceres in the future, when he makes mistakes and has bad games, which will undoubtedly happen.

We've all seen the potential that he has as a player and the heart with which he plays, so I hope we don't have a rollercoaster of "sell this piece of crap, not worth the money" and "OMG BEST RB IN SERIE A".

Give him time (as Ciro looks more than willing to do) and we'll be able to make a good assessment of his worth by the end of the season.
That's exactly what I tried to say in my previous posts father Gray :p

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
got both of them
offload greyrea,tiago,molin
If the choice for back-up is between Zebina and Grygera, I don't see how anyone could possibly choose Zebina. With his injuries, it's as if he doesn't even exist, aside from being on the payroll. At least with Grygera, you get someone, that while average, is at least available to use.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If Caceres does join on a permanent basis he will no doubt move into the centre of the defence as Juventus have been scouting natural right-backs like Rafinha and Bacary Sagna.
Hmmm I dunno about this part. I'd be happy if Caceres kept performing at the same level, but I'd love to see how much we can unlock his potential at RB.

His crossing caused plenty of problems against Inter and has been better than Grosso's.

I'm not saying that he'd make a crap CB, but if he turns out to be a good option at RB I'd rather we took advantage of that and looked into finding a permanent replacement for Canna/Grosso

That's exactly what I tried to say in my previous posts father Gray :p
Hehe sorry dude, I don't have time to read every single post on the forum (twice) like I used to :) Haha, blast from the past.. you haven't called me that in years!

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I didn't see him as a CB but if he keeps playing like in last 2-3 matches I would go for a CB like Kjaer and let him play RB.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Hehe sorry dude, I don't have time to read every single post on the forum (twice) like I used to :) Haha, blast from the past.. you haven't called me that in years!
What I meant is "well said, and I totally agree with you"..

Didn't call you that in years, because you are not around for years :(

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
For the money, there seems to be more good CBs than FBs, so I will prefer Caceres sticking at RB if we buy him outright, his ability to play CB is a bonus though ...

In any case, we have seen where his strength lies, good speed, decent crossing and an abundance of energy and aggression, attributes of a good attacking full-back.
His weakness, poor positioning; is not something we likened to a good central defender.

Ferrara must have seen all this already hence keeps playing him there at RB

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Lets look at things from Barcelona perspective:

-Alves is starting RB and will not leave, so therefore Barcelona cant use Caceres as RB.
-Caceres now becoming a starter at Juve wouldnt like to sit on the bench at Barcelona again from personal point of view.
-Unless Barcelona convince Caceres somehow to stay or make him a CD which is doubtful, we/juve have the best option to by him.
-If the player is keen to stay with us, then we could maybe get him slightly cheaper.

The maximum i would pay is 9mil.

Barcelona own us anyway for the Thuram/Zambrotta birthday gifts.

May 22, 2007
Yeah, even younger than Giovinco.

Lets look at things from Barcelona perspective:

-Alves is starting RB and will not leave, so therefore Barcelona cant use Caceres as RB.
-Caceres now becoming a starter at Juve wouldnt like to sit on the bench at Barcelona again from personal point of view.
-Unless Barcelona convince Caceres somehow to stay or make him a CD which is doubtful, we/juve have the best option to by him.
-If the player is keen to stay with us, then we could maybe get him slightly cheaper.

The maximum i would pay is 9mil.

Barcelona own us anyway for the Thuram/Zambrotta birthday gifts.
Guardiola isn't really keen on him (playing style, not as a person) either apparently.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Mamma mia, done deal that shit man...young athletic CB/RB who is already performing well for Juve....what is there to talk about it?!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ya cause Thuram was a huge success at Barcelona and all
He played 41 games in 2 seasons.

Anyway the point is that the two clubs have good relationship when it comes to transfers. Those players might not have had success in Barcelona, but the deals happened never the less, and those were cheap deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)