Martin Cáceres (15 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
what do you guys think which free CB could Marotta replace him with

some of the names are Matip, N'Koulou, Vlaar, Roncaglia, Zapata... full list bellow

http://www.transfermarkt.com/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche/3630215
i can't see any free agent on the list who could play in 5 positions (lb, cb, rb, lwb, rwb) on juve's level.

caceres's contribution might have been negligible this year, but he's been very useful during the last couple of seasons, and he'll be hard to replace.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i can't see any free agent on the list who could play in 5 positions (lb, cb, rb, lwb, rwb) on juve's level.

caceres's contribution might have been negligible this year, but he's been very useful during the last couple of seasons, and he'll be hard to replace.
I don't think we will miss him much. He was out injured too much and we managed just fine without him. When healthy he was indeed useful, but he is easily replacable because we don't need a player that can play all those positions at the moment. We are covered at both LB and LWB with Sandro, Evra, Padoin, at RWB too with Licht, Cuadrado (if he stays), Padoin/Lirola. What we lack curreny with Caceres leaving is a backup RB for Licht when we play 4 at the back and a 5th CB. Someone like Roncaglia fits well here as he can play both these positions and would replace the role Caceres had. I also read somewhere that he's among the best performing CBs this season in Italy. + we get to troll Fiorentina. Again. Wouldnt be against him definitely

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think he will be missed either. He is a warrior on the pitch but we seem to be doing very well finding those kinds of players that fight the same way. These injury ridden players need to be replaced starting with him I suppose. I will miss him, sad he was an idiot off the pitch this year cuz that will tarnish his rep here but what was harder to swallow was his constant injuries. For what we pay in salary we didn't see much of a return this year.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
ok, let me put it this way. in italy, you can have a whole army on the bench. in the cl, you can have a shorter bench. put a guy like caceres on the bench, all defensive positions are covered, and you can think about other tactical choices.

too bad padchinho is half the player martin is.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
ok, let me put it this way. in italy, you can have a whole army on the bench. in the cl, you can have a shorter bench. put a guy like caceres on the bench, all defensive positions are covered, and you can think about other tactical choices.

you mean Martin is half the player padchinho is? its a typo probably so its forgiven :p

if there is one player that can play all these positions successfully and is even better than Martin its Darmian (except CB in a 4 man defense probably). if United isnt happy with him id jump on that immediately. but i mentioned these free transfers because we could use a reliable player for free in a mercato where we have a lot of spendings to do, and 5th CB isnt really a place where we need WC quality

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol: you and your Darmian love...how often did Darmian play CB?

it's like playing Licht RCB. it can be done - but no thank you.

don't go full pep.
:D

last 3 seasons he played 12 times as CB for 2 clubs and country under 3 different coaches, and if even Conte played him there then he must be atleast decent at it. i watched him vs Spain playing CB and he was good. and he started his career as CB at Milan from what i remember

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:D

last 3 seasons he played 12 times as CB for 2 clubs and country under 3 different coaches, and if even Conte played him there then he must be atleast decent at it. i watched him vs Spain playing CB and he was good. and he started his career as CB at Milan from what i remember
:tup:

on a serious note, i doubt he is as good as Martin as RCB. Martin is such a versatile mofo. Darmian RCB looks like a stop gap solution.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

All well and good except for the obvious fact that he is never healthy enough to get there. His injuries are not of the minor variety, either.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
All well and good except for the obvious fact that he is never healthy enough to get there. His injuries are not of the minor variety, either.
sure, he's been injured constantly. my point is that such a versatile player as caceres is hard to find.

but i'm not sure we're about to replace caceres anyway. allegri might be just fine with padoin an other rb like widmer.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:tup:

on a serious note, i doubt he is as good as Martin as RCB. Martin is such a versatile mofo. Darmian RCB looks like a stop gap solution.
RCB wouldnt be where we would use him mostly though. he would be 5th choice CB, and would mainly play as fullback or wingback (he would be ahead of Licht i think). Max played Evra as a CB last weekend and im sure he would use Darmian there too sometimes to give some rest to the starters

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
you mean the 5 games a season he was available :hihi:
lol, yeah, not this season but the previous ones. This one it was a disaster and he should be sold.

In previous seasons he was on and off too anyways so is not something that just happened out of nowhere

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
sure, he's been injured constantly. my point is that such a versatile player as caceres is hard to find.

but i'm not sure we're about to replace caceres anyway. allegri might be just fine with padoin an other rb like widmer.
At this point, we are in the need of a backup RB and preferably another left footed CB anyway. And for the salary that an oft-injured player like Caceres will be looking for as a free agent, no thanks.

Let someone else sign him and then only be available for 20 matches per season.

He was very good for us in his moments where he had a run of matches, but too few and far between to have that kind of salary.

If we were to get a Silvan Widmer, he would already be miles ahead of Caceres as a RB alternative.

Nov 17, 2012
Considering his versatility, utility and previously proven dependability. Really Juve should have tried extending his contract and shipping him out on loan in an attempt to get him back to fitness, playing week in and week out and finding his form and consistency once again. He's too valuable (when fit) to just slip away.. He's one of those few who really embody the Juve spirit (along with Licht, Chiello, Bonny), and its sad to this this unravel the way it has; I certainly don't begrudge anyone for wanting him sold or considering him a burden, that's all too true, but that doesn't make it any less unfortunate. I remember sitting in my OHS classes in the week his transfer from Sevilla was almost a certainly, hoping and praying that Conte would bring him, that he would be the new Montero..

Agh.. :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)