Martin Cáceres (49 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its dumb, not sad. And he was recovering from injury anyways so its not entirely sure he would made the game if he didnt have the stupid accident.
Well apparently Allegri will start Barzagli at RB if he goes with back 4 tonight, in Serie A it might be Padowin, to me it sounds very sad :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We have different definitions of sad :D We will play 3-5-2 tonight, and can continue with 4 man defence in league with Padoin if he wants, until Caceres punishment is over, or Licht recovers.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We have different definitions of sad :D We will play 3-5-2 tonight, and can continue with 4 man defence in league with Padoin if he wants, until Caceres punishment is over, or Licht recovers.
I think at some point we might witness back 4 tonight, especially if things go south for us, let's hope Barzagli is at least Mellberg level RB

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
His agent claims that hes surprised by the suspension because he definitely wasn't drunk but probably should have called a cab :rolleyes:
Well, he probably wasn't drunk. Newspapers are reporting he was just over the legal limit. Intoxicated? Sure. But definitely not drunk.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Then why he's punished if not drunk? :confused:
Because he drank too much. In Belgium (and possibly Italy too) there is a distinction between 'intoxicated' and 'drunk'. If you are intoxicated you are over the legal limit. If you are drunk this is demonstrated by your appearance/actions/demeanor. The punishments for drunk driving are a lot higher in Belgium, but you are punished for being intoxicated too.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Because he drank too much. In Belgium (and possibly Italy too) there is a distinction between 'intoxicated' and 'drunk'. If you are intoxicated you are over the legal limit. If you are drunk this is demonstrated by your appearance/actions/demeanor. The punishments for drunk driving are a lot higher in Belgium, but you are punished for being intoxicated too.
I see. I can't say I like this but lets be honest most players drink in the evening a glass or two, his only mistake is probably he drove.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I see. I can't say I like this but lets be honest most players drink in the evening a glass or two, his only mistake is probably he drove.
My main concern is that apparently he's a very poor driver. To be honest with you lots of people drive in Europe after having consumed a glass of wine or two. I assume this is what his manager referred to. In most cases these people are still fit to drive.

As a sidenote I personally think the law should be 0 alcohol, because it's very difficult if not impossible to say at what point people's abilities start to decline when consuming alcohol (other than 'soon').

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
My main concern is that apparently he's a very poor driver. To be honest with you lots of people drive in Europe after having consumed a glass of wine or two. I assume this is what his manager referred to. In most cases these people are still fit to drive.

As a sidenote I personally think the law should be 0 alcohol, because it's very difficult if not impossible to say at what point people's abilities start to decline when consuming alcohol (other than 'soon').
I thought the driving law in Europe is the same almost everyone.

Few years ago you were allowed to drink a glass of beer and drive but now the law states that it should be 0 alcohol if you want to drive.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
[climbshighhorse]And it's a pretty serious mistake, the laws are there for a reason.[/getsdown]
Well, as a lawyer I see people who break the laws every day. And I think the general public is often too tough on them. But if you're a professional player earning millions, surely it cannot be that hard to make the little sacrifice of calling someone to drive you home? I could understand if he was 20 or 21, but this guy is 28. I'm not going to hate him or anything, but as a club you can't let stuff like that slide.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the driving law in Europe is the same almost everyone.

Few years ago you were allowed to drink a glass of beer and drive but now the law states that it should be 0 alcohol if you want to drive.
No, it's not. In fact criminal law particularly is different in every country, but lots of European countries allow you to consume a little bit of alcohol and still drive. The annoying part is that it is almost impossible to know how much you are able to drink as you obviously don't take the breathalyzer test before you start driving.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Very easy mistake to make, especially when just one drink can give a false sense of security, although it baffles me also why a player would put themselves in that position.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Very easy mistake to make, especially when just one drink can give a false sense of security, although it baffles me also why a player would put themselves in that position.
It is extremely annoying, because:

1° He's 28, not 20, he should know better;
2° He was involved in a serious car crash in 2013, that's just two years ago;
3° One of his former teammates was involved in a serious car crash this very summer.

I can see why Juventus would not like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)