Martin Cáceres (6 Viewers)

Nov 17, 2012
:donedeal:

i have no doubt - we should keep him. :tup:
can play all positions in defense.

...the injurys though :cry:
Yeah, he's had a damn rough run; which is sad despite his lacerated liver from when he played for Sevilla in 2011, he was pretty much injury free for Conte's first two seasons more or less. Hopefully with having spent the best part of half a season on the side-lines, and a break between now and next season, he will have the opportunity to heal properly. However in the instance that we keep Caceres, and we're bringing in Rugani, I'm all for shipping Ogbonna out on loan for a season, either to see if he can show some of that old Torino form, or if nothing else, playing week in and week out, if his displays might boost his market value a little bit. Caceres however, providing he can be kept healthy, must be kept at all costs! His grinta, his tackling and man marking, his speed, and aerial ability (for a relatively short fella) combined with his versatility in being able to deputise along the entire backline, is all too valuable to relinquish..

Caceres a beast. Renew at all cost.
:agree::tup:

I'd only offer until 2017 for now, anything more than that is a risk given his injury record.
That's a bit short IMO, I agree it shouldn't be too long either for the reason you mention, I think 2018 or 19 might be reasonable, that way we're not too rushed into selling before an impending free-transfer/end of contract release, should we be unable to keep him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2019 is four years away, that's the kind of contract you give a healthy new player.

It's a shame about Caceres this season as he seemed to be getting his game together in his head, he was making less errors and should be coming into his prime now.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...eement-with-caceres-on-extension-the-details/

Reaches agreement with Juventus Caceres on extension: the details

After landing Khedira and Dybala, Juventus has anche Reached an extension to keep One of their own players. Today the Bianconeri agreed on a new contract with defender Martin Caceres through 2018, the only thing missing is the official announcement. After locking up Lichtsteiner long term to few months ago, Juve has done the same with Caceres.

Nov 17, 2012
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...eement-with-caceres-on-extension-the-details/

Reaches agreement with Juventus Caceres on extension: the details

After landing Khedira and Dybala, Juventus has anche Reached an extension to keep One of their own players. Today the Bianconeri agreed on a new contract with defender Martin Caceres through 2018, the only thing missing is the official announcement. After locking up Lichtsteiner long term to few months ago, Juve has done the same with Caceres.
:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, he's had a damn rough run; which is sad despite his lacerated liver from when he played for Sevilla in 2011, he was pretty much injury free for Conte's first two seasons more or less. Hopefully with having spent the best part of half a season on the side-lines, and a break between now and next season, he will have the opportunity to heal properly. However in the instance that we keep Caceres, and we're bringing in Rugani, I'm all for shipping Ogbonna out on loan for a season, either to see if he can show some of that old Torino form, or if nothing else, playing week in and week out, if his displays might boost his market value a little bit. Caceres however, providing he can be kept healthy, must be kept at all costs! His grinta, his tackling and man marking, his speed, and aerial ability (for a relatively short fella) combined with his versatility in being able to deputise along the entire backline, is all too valuable to relinquish..

:agree::tup:

That's a bit short IMO, I agree it shouldn't be too long either for the reason you mention, I think 2018 or 19 might be reasonable, that way we're not too rushed into selling before an impending free-transfer/end of contract release, should we be unable to keep him.
shipping ogbonna out on loan will do nothing for us, in fact he will be another melo case. just sell his sorry ass already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)