Martin Cáceres (60 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I thought he was not that good tonight. Often left behind a player he was supposed to mark, too many wrong decisions. Still not convinced with him as a CB.

Nov 17, 2012
Lacazette has some wheels on him and Caceres stayed on him the whole night.

Good stuff tonight.

That's the great thing about Caceres. He's pacey, fast and agile; which is kinda normal for a full back or wing back, but very useful for a CB. However, despite his size he's quite 'nuggety', he's strong and has great stamina. On top of his physical attributes he is probably our most tenacious defender along with Chiellini, not afraid to tackle, not afraid to close in a defender and pressure the man. Despite some people's selective memory, and unlike many players in our squad, Caceres has been a decisive part of a Uruguayan team that advanced deep into the last world cup and won the Copa America a year later; scoring a game winning penalty in each of those competitions. Forza Martin, love this guy!! :heart:

I'm absolutely fine in giving someone like Bonucci credit where it is due. However I'd always wonder how he would fare in a game, playing in a team with a man down; and facing relentless pressure from a team fielding Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Di Maria, Pastore and Lavezzi all in the same game... Caceres and Lugano were heroic that game, I've never seen anything like it...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He has stamina, is fast, is very athletic and unlike bonnoob..knows how to tackle.

Peluso and Bon look like dorks in comparison to this athlete

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd really like us to try a 4 man back line with Cacares at RB. He's played the position before for the NT and been quite good there. Lichtsteiner is naturally a LB. It would be perfect.

Lichtsteiner--Barzagli--Chiellini--Cacares.

That would be be beastly.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
He has stamina, is fast, is very athletic and unlike bonnoob..knows how to tackle.

Peluso and Bon look like dorks in comparison to this athlete
He is definitely better than Bonucci, his long passes are at the same level as Bonucci's but some people praise Bonucci for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)