Marotta's revolution, with or against it?? (5 Viewers)

Are you with or against a revolution Marotta style?

• Yes, I want to change half the team and make a revolution in transfter market

• Buy 2-3 world class players (Best scenario according to Moggi, Trezeguet etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think we're stuck with Matri.
He got boo'ed by his fans in Cagliari and already wrote a good-bye letter to them. Me thinks there is some clause in his loan-contract that he wouldn't leave on loan unless the shit got permanent in summer.

Anyways, we should sign one of Quag or Matri.
I think that they should sign both, especially if Quag can somehow come back the last month of the season, and matri continues to play the way that he has. Its abig if on Quag, I know.

I feel that they could form a very strong partnership if they are surrounded by better players around them, which is why I feel that a better LB, LW, and more consitency in central midfield would really turn out well for Juve next year.

A world class striker, which don't go on trees and are always the highest priced on the market, could cost upwards of 35 million.

However, a really good LB and LW could cost that much combined, and you could basically be filling two major areas of need at the same price.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Some sources saying he wants to get rid of Amauri, Iaquinta, Martinez, Motta, Grosso, Brazzo, Storari, Sissoko. Also play Chiellini back to his position while Barzagli being the 3rd choice CB.
GK: Buffon, Storari, Manninger
RB: Sørensen, Grygera
CB: Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli
LB: De Ceglie
CM: Marchisio, Felipe Melo, Aquilani
W: Krasic, Pepe, Martínez
FW: Quagliarella, Matri, Toni, Del Piero

RB, CB, LB, CM, LW and FW are places we need to fill I think.

Jun 13, 2007
I think we need five excellent players. Not 2-3.

We need a great LB, RB, CM, LW, S.S.

We need a CM in any case, because we will either buy Aquilani or someone instead of him.

We will need a support striker too. I don't think Toni is dependable. Del piero will be too old. IQ and Amauri should be sold. We are left with Quag and Matri and we haven't even bought either of them yet. They aren't costing us peanuts either. We're going to need another really good striker and I think we'll be perfectly fine.

May 22, 2007

Looking over this, I'm not sure if Liverpool would agree to reducing the Aquilani buyout to under 10m, so possible we might need to replace him as well. I think he'll be bought though.

Santon for LB. I think we could play inter on this one.
I think we could too, now they've gone for Nagatomo. I really hope so anyway, he's good and he's a young Italian, Marotta must be monitoring that situation.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Quag+Matri+Pepe+Aquilani+Sorensen+RB+CB+LB+CM+LW+FW? That's fantasy stuff man.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Quag - Matri partnership looks very uninspiring and mid-tableish.

Not that I don't rate Quag, I think he's a pretty good SS and we should sign him, but not Matri too. We'll see how he does till the end of the season but I don't really like that partnership for future plans.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
My point is that I don't see why Marotta would change half the squad.

And why did you include the loaned players in that list? They have to be from last summers budget surely?
I wouldn't be so optimistic about that, I highly doubt we have put 50 millions aside to sign those 5 loaned players, whether it's installments or any other way. And if we have, I can't see us signing also 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a forward, that's why I said it's fantasy stuff, we're no City/Real.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think we're stuck with Matri.
He got boo'ed by his fans in Cagliari and already wrote a good-bye letter to them. Me thinks there is some clause in his loan-contract that he wouldn't leave on loan unless the shit got permanent in summer.

Anyways, we should sign one of Quag or Matri.
Duhh, ofcourse we are going to sign him, him and pepe are a done deal. What would be the point for Caglari if they lost their best player for six months for 2m and a youngster?

Marotta's revolution? The man himself sai d that Juve didn't need a revolution just some change, bla bla bla.
He fucked up with many signings, all of them besides Krasic and Bonucci.

We Needed champions? Well, this whole league is mediocore so mediocore players could've done the job too. Marotta and Delneri should be out simply because they failed. The latter is utter shit and the former hasn't proven me wrong so far, if Marotta starts being a bit more oppertunistic like Galliani and see the chances in the market with Zingaro and Cassano (maybe even Van Bommel too) like Galliani saw we would be scudetto material too. Sadly, with the Sampman Marotta I don't see us fighting for prices soon, I don't think he is capable of running such a big team, Marotta can prove me wrong in the summer by signing WC players but with missing out on the CL again I fear we'll get a fullback and redeem some loans.

This Juve squad is too limited for my likings, this coach is too tactical limited and Marotta's sight is too limited ,(not an eye-joke) because he simply doesn't see this WC players or has no desire to sign them if they aren't Italian.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    Rab, I would say 1 WC Left Back, as I really think that Sorensen is developing into something special at RB for an 18 year old. Bonnuci and Chiellini are still relatively young, and good CB's can play into their mid 30's anyway. So there won't be a need for Sorensen to be a backup CB. A Left Winger of high quality is imperative regardless of which formation they play in.
    I'll take this. Sorensen at least isn't as chimp chump as Grosso or Motta. But we desperatly need a LB, not anyone but a quality one to strengthen our defensive line.

I think that Quag and Matri are going to stay.
    Quag staying would be too good to be true. You think Napoli will sell?

If they do decide to get a striker, they need to go out and get a young striker with a lot of potential. I don't think that Iauquinta and Amauri are going to be coming back, so the strikers would end up being Quag, Matri, DP, Toni and Martinez, in a pinch.

I would also bring back giovinco for the sole fact that he would allow juve to have some flexibility if they decide to switch to a 4-3-3- or 4-3-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 formation. Assuming that they will be able to.
    I wouldn't keep Martinez TBH. This guy never impressed me. I would take Giovinco back though.

May 22, 2007
    I wouldn't be so optimistic about that, I highly doubt we have put 50 millions aside to sign those 5 loaned players, whether it's installments or any other way. And if we have, I can't see us signing also 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a forward, that's why I said it's fantasy stuff, we're no City/Real.
    Forget Matri, he would be a summer 2011 signing.

I'm not saying 50m, more like 20-30m. Surely they weren't expecting for Juventus to suddenly be a world class squad so they won't have to buy anyone extra in summer 2011?

RB+CB+LB+CM+LW+FW
    Sørensen/Camilleri and Ekdal, just to let you know. The other four are surely achievable given the ambitions of this club? Even the first three.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I wouldn't keep Martinez TBH. This guy never impressed me. I would take Giovinco back though.
    The thing is that we bought him for 12mln euros already and after such an invisible season for him, I don't see any clubs after him. Even if some are interested it'd be a loan with an option to buy (5-6mln euros at most). It's an incredible loss for us, at least from a financial point.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    Btw, can't we take Gio back to play as Left Midfielder? I know he's weak defensively but it's about time we play some attacking football. This way we'll also save cash and buy someone else for other position.

Having both Pepe and Giovinco for the left flank would be good IMO.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    The thing is that we bought him for 12mln euros already and after such an invisible season for him, I don't see any clubs after him. Even if some are interested it'd be a loan with an option to buy (5-6mln euros at most). It's an incredible loss for us, at least from a financial point.
    True. Loaning him would be best option. But I would only loan for him for the likes of Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina not weak teams because it will be even worse from financial point of view.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Btw, can't we take Gio back to play as Left Midfielder? I know he's weak defensively but it's about time we play some attacking football. This way we'll also save cash and buy someone else for other position.

Having both Pepe and Giovinco for the left flank would be good IMO.
    I think that having Gio in a 4-4-2 would be a waste. I think that he would need to play further up the pitch and closer to the center of the pitch to be truly effectice. Not as a central midfielder obviously when I say closer to the center, but on the left side of a 4-3-3 when playing further upand in a trequarista role when the situation calls for it in playing closer to the center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)