Marotta's revolution, with or against it?? (2 Viewers)

Are you with or against a revolution Marotta style?

• Yes, I want to change half the team and make a revolution in transfter market

• Buy 2-3 world class players (Best scenario according to Moggi, Trezeguet etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Trezeguet has joined Luciano Moggi and many of us by publicly disagreeing with Marotta's transfer market both stating that Juventus needed two to three maximum world class players and not 9 to 10 new faces that are used to 4th place or Europa League.

Some media and press are claiming that Marotta will also spend his summer setting a new revolution ala previous one by buying too many players for a limited budget.

Also with the amount of money we're paying lets say for 5-6 players we can buy two world class players like what David Trezeguet hinted in his last interview.

Are you with or against buying too many players?

Please vote.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
2-3 world class and I mean world class, no 'Pirlo or Poulsen are world class' shit and this would be a revolution.
Forget the midtable Italian shite that the club have been signing and citing as important signings.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    2-3 world class and I mean world class, no 'Pirlo or Poulsen are world class' shit and this would be a revolution.
    Forget the midtable Italian shite that the club have been signing and citing as important signings.
    100%

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    So a defender, attacker and maybe another defender/midfielder. That would result in a lot of primavera/homegrown guys filling the empty spots, since we have many loanees returning to their clubs this summer. I'm not sure we would achieve more than 3d-7th that way, but at least this model has way bigger potential in the future. So if it's true that we have limited budget, I'd say go with this.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    A season on and we still have a long list of needs - 2 full-backs, probably 2 strikers and left wing depending on our coach/formation next season. Marottas 'revolution' really hasn't done much for these long lasting problems.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Continuing to 'revolutionise' the team with midtable players only makes this club into a midtable team, they do not get some sort of powerup when they sign for us because they are sinply mixing with other midtable players that are already here.

Now compare to inter who sign Khajara, because he is mixing with many world class players he fits in and plays better.
    We don't have world class players so its illogical we should try to do this.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Why would Marotta change half the squad again?
    Some sources saying he wants to get rid of Amauri, Iaquinta, Martinez, Motta, Grosso, Brazzo, Storari, Sissoko. Also play Chiellini back to his position while Barzagli being the 3rd choice CB.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    That leaves us with DP, Iaq, Toni and Amauri in attack. Hardly heaven. :D
    Amauri will 100% leave.

Quag's situation is hard to tell, if he stays, then I am assuming we will stick with Matri, Quag, Dp, Toni... Iaquinta's situation is 50/50.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Rab, I would say 1 WC Left Back, as I really think that Sorensen is developing into something special at RB for an 18 year old. Bonnuci and Chiellini are still relatively young, and good CB's can play into their mid 30's anyway. So there won't be a need for Sorensen to be a backup CB. A Left Winger of high quality is imperative regardless of which formation they play in.

I think that Quag and Matri are going to stay.

For me, if they can get a proper LB, LW, and another midfielder who is a notch abouve Aquilani, whom despite my love for him, simply has not stepped up at all these past couple of months, and I will be happy.

If they do decide to get a striker, they need to go out and get a young striker with a lot of potential. I don't think that Iauquinta and Amauri are going to be coming back, so the strikers would end up being Quag, Matri, DP, Toni and Martinez, in a pinch.

I would also bring back giovinco for the sole fact that he would allow juve to have some flexibility if they decide to switch to a 4-3-3- or 4-3-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 formation. Assuming that they will be able to.

Nobody over the age of 24, please. Its time for some younger blood to get into this lineup.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    We have a squad that's made of many average players. It's time to focus on quality now and avoid quantity.

That being said, we should sign only great players, even if that number is 2 players per market. And to avoid a shirt storm I don't think we should pay over 15mln for potentially big players and hyped up Italians ala Pazzini or hell, even Matri. IMO, we should focus on one great (if not world class player) and on youth that will guarantee quality (Hazard, Moussa Sissoko and even Piazon). Mixture of those two is the only way for us to get back on the top again. It isn't so hard, instead of buying useless players that don't add much (Pepe) and players that we never needed since they play out of position and being overpaid (Martinez) we should focus that money on quality fullbacks for start.

But before doing that in this new so-called revolution, we need a world class coach and not mediocre coaches who lead us for 2 years where club has to settle for their ideas that are in Sampdoria-range.

2 new fullbacks
    one left wing
    one striker (Amauri, Iaquinta out and Quag + one more in)

With that priority quality players should be bought, even if it takes 2 years only 4 quality players are needed and not 7 average ones.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Amauri will 100% leave.

Quag's situation is hard to tell, if he stays, then I am assuming we will stick with Matri, Quag, Dp, Toni... Iaquinta's situation is 50/50.
    We gotta sign Quag and Matri if we want to keep them. So in your case it would be two world class fullbacks + 26m for Quag and Matri, doesn't sound like limited budget for me.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    how come none of you want a player to play in aqua's position?

Are we confident of keeping him? or replacing him with someone from our lovely bench?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    This is why we need to develop a better youth program and sign younger players. For a club like us that has limited capital to use in transfers, the best case scenario is that the base of players on the roster consists of the young guns brought through the Primavera or bought on the cheap. That way we can dedicate most of our capital to the class players, not regular squad players.

People have said in the past that Marotta is building a solid base of players, but spending 15M Euros for a squad player is fairly foolish I'd say.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    I think we're stuck with Matri.
    He got boo'ed by his fans in Cagliari and already wrote a good-bye letter to them. Me thinks there is some clause in his loan-contract that he wouldn't leave on loan unless the shit got permanent in summer.

Anyways, we should sign one of Quag or Matri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)