Marotta or Secco (2 Viewers)

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
so krasic' bad form was down to tiredness? that is such a bullshit excuse, these are pro athletes and whine about tiredness? krasic is one dimensional and predictable, pure and simple, stick 2 players on him and he shuts down completely.
This is just one of the things, that make me believe he will have a better season next year. For one we will very likely buy a decent leftwinger and a very good supporting striker. This year Krasic was key for the opposition if he had a bad game the chances of Juve being a threat droped remarkably, so ofcourse they double marked him. Next year it won't be so easy, if they double mark Krasic our new left winger will still be a threat together with our improved attack. Also Conte will probably be the perfect coach for Krasic with his 4-2-4.

And Robben is also predictable, but still even if the defenders know what will happen they cannot help it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:howler:

How so? You mean just because Krasic wasn't under near as much pressure and expectation.
:howler: Yeah, yeah. That's what I meant.

No. Where the hell did that even come from? I don't care about what was expected. What I'm saying in that Krasic contributed more to Juve's attack (goals, assists, getting the ball into the final third, being dangerous, overall play) than Diego (takes 5 seconds to make decisions, 3 to execute, playmaker who doesn't assist)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This is just one of the things, that make me believe he will have a better season next year. For one we will very likely buy a decent leftwinger and a very good supporting striker. This year Krasic was key for the opposition if he had a bad game the chances of Juve being a threat droped remarkably, so ofcourse they double marked him. Next year it won't be so easy, if they double mark Krasic our new left winger will still be a threat together with our improved attack. Also Conte will probably be the perfect coach for Krasic with his 4-2-4.

And Robben is also predictable, but still even if the defenders know what will happen they cannot help it.
firstly we dont even know who our left winger will be, but i doubt he will be any better than someone of krasic' standards, probably a bit worse

robben's predictability lies in his constant injuries, not his style of play

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:howler: Yeah, yeah. That's what I meant.

No. Where the hell did that even come from? I don't care about what was expected. What I'm saying in that Krasic contributed more to Juve's attack (goals, assists, getting the ball into the final third, being dangerous, overall play) than Diego (takes 5 seconds to make decisions, 3 to execute, playmaker who doesn't assist)
Because I don't know where else you would be getting that opinion from. Sure Krasic on an off day can still pick up the ball in midfield and sprint a good distance until converged on by the opposition and tackled but what good does that do us when he just gifts possession straight back to the opposition. It may look impressive/dangerous but it in no way contributes to our attack.

I'm not ripping Milos but when the going got tough he wasn't any better than Diego

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Because I don't know where else you would be getting that opinion from. Sure Krasic on an off day can still pick up the ball in midfield and sprint a good distance until converged on by the opposition and tackled but what good does that do us when he just gifts possession straight back to the opposition. It may look impressive/dangerous but it in no way contributes to our attack.
I guess we are forgetting Diego. This always happens.

When we look at Grosso play, we forget how bad Molinaro was. When we look at Gyrgera, we forget how bad Zebina was. When we look at Sissoko, we forget how bad Nocerino was. We forget how bad Secco was now that we've got Marotta.

I would agree with you, if for the fact that Krasic's runs didn't contribute to a lot of our goals. Sure, he's frustrating, but was the most important player for our attack for the season.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I would agree with you, if for the fact that Krasic's runs didn't contribute to a lot of our goals. Sure, he's frustrating, but was the most important player for our attack for the season.
That's because he fitted the 4-4-2 and was playing his natural game.

Diego wasn't. He was in a team lead by incompetent management and a clueless coach. At least Delneri knew how to play 4-4-2.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nonsense. Krasic is cleary the much better player, for parts of the season he was a constant threat down the right flank and the source of almost all of our goals. Diego never reached those heights. And I am positive we'll see a more consistent Krasic next year, when he won't be as tired as this year.
Uh, read what I wrote again. I wasn't commentating on who the better player is, only what sort of seasons they had. Krasic had a great September, a very good October and November, and then he completely disappeared and looked awful at times. The same was true for Diego for the most part. In reality, the difference between their seasons and impact on the team was negligible.

The reason for it? Defenses figured out they were the only threats and hence shut them down. It's pretty simple.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That's not it, I haven't forgotten Diego.

Yes Krasic was definitely the main attacking threat but he only really played well at times. As the season went on, the team got worse, he had less movement from other players, etc. he struggled to help create good opportunities and those long sprints were much less dangerous. He suffered the same as Diego IMO as the overall team form declined.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's because he fitted the 4-4-2 and was playing his natural game.

Diego wasn't. He was in a team lead by incompetent management and a clueless coach. At least Delneri knew how to play 4-4-2.
I think you're missing my point. I'm not arguing the reasons that Diego failed, or that Krasic is the better player. The only thing I'm saying is that Krasic's season was better than Diego's. That's all. He could've been taking roids for all I know, maybe that's why. But yeah.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's not it, I haven't forgotten Diego.

Yes Krasic was definitely the main attacking threat but he only really played well at times. As the season went on, the team got worse, he had less movement from other players, etc. he struggled to help create good opportunities and those long sprints were much less dangerous. He suffered the same as Diego IMO as the overall team form declined.
All that is true. Still, Krasic had an overall better impact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)