Marley Aké (7 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Not sure those as great examples tbh, last time Milan won a trophy (excluding supercoppa) the coach was :max:

Inter have only overtaken Juve because Beppe went there then tici took one kneecap and covid took out the other
We're not winning anything this year either most likely. The point was though that in their time of difficulty, they gave their young players a shot rather than fucking around with Rabiot for 90+ minutes every week for example.
Youth players? Any still with them? Either team? Inter gave Roma Zaniolo in the Naingollan deal if I recall correctly and Milan gave up on Locatelli way too early clearly. Inter has no former youth team players in their squad from what I can see, and Milan has Calabria who is a top player for them and then Maldini and Gabbia who don’t contribute much.

Unless you just meant young players?
Yes.

Bastoni, Calabria, Donnarumma, Leao, Tonali, etc. Would we have even given Barella minutes? I'm skeptical that we would've for Verratti either.

I'm just frustrated that we have to watch the same players do jack shit every week when we could possibly give some young players a shot. Who knows, maybe just one works out for us, it's worth it. Unless there's some sort of contractual obligation that Alex Sandro MUST concede at least one goal per match of course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We're not winning anything this year either most likely. The point was though that in their time of difficulty, they gave their young players a shot rather than fucking around with Rabiot for 90+ minutes every week for example.

Yes.

Bastoni, Calabria, Donnarumma, Leao, Tonali, etc. Would we have even given Barella minutes? I'm skeptical that we would've for Verratti either.

I'm just frustrated that we have to watch the same players do jack shit every week when we could possibly give some young players a shot. Who knows, maybe just one works out for us, it's worth it. Unless there's some sort of contractual obligation that Alex Sandro MUST concede at least one goal per match of course.
Which young players are you talking about?

De Ligt, Pellegrini, Kean, Chiesa, Locatelli, Mckennie, Kulusevski. Rabiot and Arthur are still pretty young themselves. Demiral has had plenty of games and Frabotta got chances.

Unless you mean Juventus youth academy players. They don't play because they aren't good enough.

Tici spent plenty of money on youth but it didn't work due to poor squad building and questionable coaching appointments.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which young players are you talking about?

De Ligt, Pellegrini, Kean, Chiesa, Locatelli, Mckennie, Kulusevski. Rabiot and Arthur are still pretty young themselves. Demiral has had plenty of games and Frabotta got chances.

Unless you mean Juventus youth academy players. They don't play because they aren't good enough.

Tici spent plenty of money on youth but it didn't work due to poor squad building and questionable coaching appointments.
While I admire your effort to show me I might be wrong, I remain unconvinced.

@Bianconero81 :heart:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How are you unconvinced? You don't agree that the players I have mentioned have been given a chance in the first team? Kulusevski plays almost every game and he is terrible every single time.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Yes.

This I don’t get. Like Kyle said, we’ve given plenty of youngsters chances if they are good enough for our team.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Yes.

That’s kind of BS, dude. We give young players minutes if they are good enough… I mean because Sandro is so bad a mediocre young Pellegrini is given a good amount of minutes right now. Locatelli has been an outright starter almost from his arrival. De Ligt a starter since his arrival at 20. Rugani was playing 1500-2000 minutes a year here from 21-24. Dybala came in and was an outright starter after a few weeks in his first season at 21. Pogba was a starter as a teenager. Moise Kean got decent minutes as an 18 year old last time he was here. Morty got lots of rotation minutes from the get go and was a full time starter by the last group stage games at 21. Bobby P and Mario Lemina got lots of chances to establish themselves. Bentancur got 1000 minutes as a 20 year old and 2700 minutes as 21 year old. Demiral played plenty before his injury and Tootsie selling him. Even Chiesa came here at 22 (same age Barella went to Inter just so you know) and became a starter almost immediately. Kulusevski is 21, performing poorly and still getting numerous chances to impress right now. Mckennie played lots of minutes last year at 22 and is pretty much starting XI when fit right now.

If top tier young talent like Verratti and Barella had come here they would have played and flourished, like all the above. Or they wouldn’t have been good enough, and been cut. Literally the only recent example of a player coming here and leaving to get established elsewhere is Coman. And he came as an 18 year old with zero top flight experience at PSG, into a side that was competing for a treble, and was given 650 minutes, started the first two matches of the next season and still was sold because he asked out. Not much you can do with that.

So who are the top talents who haven’t gotten a chance to play here?

- - - Updated - - -

While I admire your effort to show me I might be wrong, I remain unconvinced.

@Bianconero81 :heart:
Then you just being stubborn here and you’re wrong. Our academy has produced Jack shit until the past couple years with the B team. Now with some talented youngsters like Rovella, Fagioli, Ranocchia, if none of them get a chance you will have something to complain about perhaps… but if you’re bitching because we didn’t give the likes of Beltrame a fair shot? C’mon

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

haha, another goat tweet. only remains to be seen how he compares to douglas costa :numnum: @DAiDEViL @Cerval @JCK @Post Ironic
Camoranesi isnt even remotely related to Ake.
Camoranesi wasnt fast but he had a great technique and dribbling skills and had a great eye for creating plays. With all due respect to Ake he will never be a Camoranesi...
He can be D.Costa though as D.Costa was amazing on the ball but he never was a super effective player. If Ake continue his path he can be a poor man D.Costa in terms of skills but he can surpass him in effectiveness.
That being said - I still think our best young winger is Soule

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
appreciate your effort, but it was a joke based on a tuzzer once calling costa better than camoranesi.

oh, and the tweet is also a joke.
Camoranesi is "flipping in his future grave."

- - - Updated - - -

I want to speak with this guy and understand if he too saw the matches where Ake struggled against plumbers and painters in Serie C.
I dont think a player even one of the best could take a crappy team and perform on his own. Its like Ronaldo alone couldnt get us Serie A last year.
Ake is no Ronaldo obviously but I would expect him to struggle should he be better than he currently is. The team isnt performing and their situation is even worse than the first team IIRC.

Before talent I think we should build the team properly (both the first and U23 teams).
I think against Sampdoria it was the first time we had players play their roles (more or less).
What I mean the idea is to have the best in its role and not just have a random set of players.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He doesn't have to become a world class leader to be successful and justify getting minutes here. If he could become even just a solid rotation player, that's a success imo. Considering how much players costs these days, that's a huge financial relief for us. I'd love to see more get a chance to see what they're made of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)