Marketing & Commerce (21 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think FIFA loses more than we do. We're one of the most popular clubs in the world and the fans who are paying for the game will be pissed that Juve is some Piemonte Club. Plus, let's not kid ourselves, it's not like people will forget who we are because we're not in FIFA nor will they be wondering why Piemonte is not playing Champions League since they are so strong in the video game.

Also, I remember Arsenal was North London or something like that. Not sure it harmed them commercially.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not sure about this one. A lot of kids new to football play FIFA and use it which ends up being how they pick up a favorite team. After Ronaldo signing Juve is one of the most used teams on FIFA.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Very short sighted decision. PES must have paid a lot of money but that’s three years of having a fake name in a very popular game especially with young fans.
I doubt Konami would pay more than EA, but what they are doing is cute, targeting specific clubs and getting a march on EA with actual relationships, rather than throwing money.

Forza Piemonte Calcio

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
I think FIFA loses more than we do. We're one of the most popular clubs in the world and the fans who are paying for the game will be pissed that Juve is some Piemonte Club. Plus, let's not kid ourselves, it's not like people will forget who we are because we're not in FIFA nor will they be wondering why Piemonte is not playing Champions League since they are so strong in the video game.

Also, I remember Arsenal was North London or something like that. Not sure it harmed them commercially.
It’s not so much that, it’s brand harming - you look tacky and fake and a lot of kids will just not use/like the team because it’s fake

Mar 3, 2014
Honestly, the way FIFA is going most people don't even pay attention to club teams anymore. Everyone plays FUT, and people use custom jerseys usually. FIFA has deteriorated in recent and hasn't been improving game play. It has just been trying to find new ways to extract more money from gamers, and it's obvious. The fact that you can put $100 in the game, and get very little in terms of value is something that EA needs to examine hard.

Also, I think Juventus was pissed RE: EA's treatment of it last year. They buy Ronaldo, and he was slowly de-emphasized throughout the year. For an exclusive partner, Juve probably felt that were being slighted.

Konami has a big opportunity to gain share right now because FIFA has deteriorated, and they're responding properly...by investing. But what they should have done was sell a minority stake in the game to fund more rights acquisitions, and hit FIFA hard.

Last edited:

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
Lol when they're playing online and are getting roflstomped by Piemonte Calcio they'll see
Except the team will become a meme and the power in that far outweighs the effectiveness of the quality of the team

Really doesn’t help with our B grade image being below the big clubs

Mar 3, 2014
We do have the leverage here. If we didn't EA would straight up drop Juve. They can't, which is why they are using a false name. When brazillian teams played hardball, they were simply dropped. In the case of JUVE, EA needs them.

Mar 3, 2014
Isn't PES much more popular in the Asian market? Could be as simple as that.
The weird part is Juve made it exclusive. It's like they were trying to tell EA to f off. Bayern's & Barcelona have exclusive partnerships, exclusively licensing stadiums etc, but Juve's goes the furthest, licensing the team name, and kit.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The weird part is Juve made it exclusive. It's like they were trying to tell EA to f off. Bayern's & Barcelona have exclusive partnerships, exclusively licensing stadiums etc, but Juve's goes the furthest, licensing the team name, and kit.
Could be a condition from Konami. They will promote Juve to entire Asian market through whatever the hell they do with PES but we cannot also be in FIFA. Then you do the math and maybe it makes sense, I dunno.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Good move we are trendsetters, we like to do things our way just like we did it with the logo and I respect that, so I can only applaud this strategy as it ensures we get a bigger branding and marketing stake through a top game, which is endorsed by GOATS. It's great for CR7 as well as can give FIFA a big fuck you after they removed him from the cover. So win win.

On a personal level though, im a FIFA fan and have been for the past 6-7 years so while it's great news to see us carve our own path, it means I'm gonna have to ditch buying it next season. Or forking out for both. Love the name piemonte calcio, by the way lol.

Can't help but pronounce it Pie Monte, sounds like something higgy would like the look off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)