Mario Mandžukić (61 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I remember when we were linked with him before he joined Bayern, @Alen told us that he is mediocre and won't achieve shit.
Possible, because I really disliked him. I obviously didn't see the qualities that made him the player he is.
Well, that iS one of the reasons why I'm not a scout or football manager :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Possible, because I really disliked him. I obviously didn't see the qualities that made him the player he is.
Well, that iS one of the reasons why I'm not a scout or football manager :D

That's mostly because Mandzukic doesn't really have any obvious qualities. He's an intelligent quite allrounded player who is more technically gifted than you'd say at first sight. I think he's the type of player whose qualites are apparent when you have him at training every day though.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
And to think some weenies said Piggy was our MVP in 16-17 :seven:

Mandzukic is our big game MVP by far. And seeing as what everyone here is obsessed with is CL, well clearly our MVP in the matches that actually matter
:tup: No chokerino in this guy, unlike some other overweight player.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I wish we sign Rebić. He's like Mandžukić and Olić had a sociopathic baby. :-D Hadn't shown too much until this WC but the guy is a workhorse just needs a proper club to guide/tame him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

V! How are you?

And i’d say we have enough wingers ;)
You're still here as well. :juventus: Wonderful as most Croatians are these days. :nico:

Sell Bernadeschi then. :p I'm obviously biased, just I love guys like Rebić, such heart and grit. Though he does tend to show it more in the NT.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're still here as well. :juventus: Wonderful as most Croatians are these days. :nico:

Sell Bernadeschi then. :p I'm obviously biased, just I love guys like Rebić, such heart and grit. Though he does tend to show it more in the NT.

I hope you're not going to suffer a soul crushing defeat at the hands of the French. Right now you think you'll see a football game. But when they go 1-0 up... You'll understand my sentiment after the game. It feels as if there never was a game to begin with.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I wish we sign Rebić. He's like Mandžukić and Olić had a sociopathic baby. :-D Hadn't shown too much until this WC but the guy is a workhorse just needs a proper club to guide/tame him.
He's had a great World Cup so far, but he gets annoyed extremely fast, dude is more likely to get a card in a game than Ramos

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Haha I can imagine.

Nah dont sell Bernardeschi. That guy can go places with a little more playing time.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I hope you're not going to suffer a soul crushing defeat at the hands of the French. Right now you think you'll see a football game. But when they go 1-0 up... You'll understand my sentiment after the game. It feels as if there never was a game to begin with.
I know, but you can't really blame them, the stakes are high and whatever gets the job done. The general sentiment here is we're already winners, just reaching the final is huge for us, so in a sense, psychological advantage is on our side - France have played and won finals before. They know this, they would have much preferred to play England this Sunday but now they're getting Cinderella and they'll not want to play extra time with us, for obvious reasons, so I'm expecting them to take more risks. Who knows, anything can happen really.

He's had a great World Cup so far, but he gets annoyed extremely fast, dude is more likely to get a card in a game than Ramos
Yeah he is a time bomb for sure. The biggest surprise of the WC is not us reaching the final but him not getting a red card. :p But that's why a good club like Juve is needed where he can be moulded properly, he'd be a worthy replacement for Mandžukić workrate wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I can imagine.

Nah dont sell Bernardeschi. That guy can go places with a little more playing time.
I'm joking, I have faith in him and we need Italian players. It's Juve. :cool:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Caldara | "I don't know how I'd mark Ronaldo, I'm glad that he's my teammate! The hardest player to mark has been Mandzukic both physically and his character on the pitch."

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
it tells you 2 things
-Dybalas cross was Beckham esque
-inter defense is garbage. losing a header to Higuain on a set piece is inexcusable
You just can't say anything positive about him, can you?

As for runs less than Buffon, that's a weird thing to say considering the work rate he has had for us.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You just can't say anything positive about him, can you?

As for runs less than Buffon, that's a weird thing to say considering the work rate he has had for us.
i prefer my strikers to do other things than wait for others to create chances for them and be invisible against good organized teams

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
i prefer my strikers to do other things than wait for others to create chances for them and be invisible against good organized teams
He is a classical bomber, so of course he's gonna depend on getting service for the most part. But he has also created several goals for himself. If you can't acknowledge that, then you have selective memory.

As for being invisible against well organized teams, I disagree with that wholeheartedly; he may not have always gotten on the scoresheet, but when was he ever invisible? Dude plays with grinta, he comes deep to collect passes, he distributes, and he causes defenses all sorts of problems with his movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)