Mario Mandžukić (52 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Seems like he's pushing for an exit. China or somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. He's too good to be on the bench, most of the time.
16-20M for him wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yeah, it wouldn't be bad, it would be terrible. Strikers are the most expensive, 20mln is nothing, we have no other back up for Higuain while planning to battle for three trophies this season till the end. It's more than 60 games. Still think it's a good deal?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Dude, it's Mediaset. Marotta said couple days ago that there is no problem with Mandzukic. Also, the article says Mandzu wants to go to China "seeking playing time". How stupid statement is that?

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Yeah, it wouldn't be bad, it would be terrible. Strikers are the most expensive, 20mln is nothing, we have no other back up for Higuain while planning to battle for three trophies this season till the end. It's more than 60 games. Still think it's a good deal?

20 mil for an ageing well past his peak striker who scored 13 goals from 36 appearances last year and who will probably struggle to match that amount this year sounds like a great deal to me.
Hell...15 mil sounds decent as well.

Pretty sure Beppe could get a decent replacement.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
20 mil for an ageing well past his peak striker who scored 13 goals from 36 appearances last year and who will probably struggle to match that amount this year sounds like a great deal to me.
Hell...15 mil sounds decent as well.

Pretty sure Beppe could get a decent replacement.
Tell me who could we bring in his place for 15mln. I'm curious as hell.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Tell me who could we bring in his place for 15mln. I'm curious as hell.

Pavoletti?

No (sub-)top striker want to play as a back-up CF, so you should search in the category Zaza, Alcacer etc.
Look at the second strikers of all topteams, most second strikers aren't close to (world)class.

Real Madrid: Morata (good)
Barcelona: Alcacer
Atletico Madrid: Torres

Chelsea: Batsuayhi (good)
Arsenal: Welbeck
Man. City: Ihaenacho
Man. United: Rashford

PSG: Augustin
Bayern: Muller (if you can call him a cf?)

Conclusion: We are really lucky to have Mandzukic as a second striker, probably only Morata is better than him (there are not really comparable). Batshuayi is a really good back-up aswell, but most second strikers are shit.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Let's simply see what the following weeks bring. If he can play as good as he did last season, no one is going to complain about him (who am I kidding, of course they will, but it will be stupid as hell).

If he continues to play as he did in the first few fixtures this season, 15 million is a great return.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Pavoletti?

No (sub-)top striker want to play as a back-up CF, so you should search in the category Zaza, Alcacer etc.
Look at the second strikers of all topteams, most second strikers aren't close to (world)class.

Real Madrid: Morata (good)
Barcelona: Alcacer
Atletico Madrid: Torres

Chelsea: Batsuayhi (good)
Arsenal: Welbeck
Man. City: Ihaenacho
Man. United: Rashford

PSG: Augustin
Bayern: Muller (if you can call him a cf?)

Conclusion: We are really lucky to have Mandzukic as a second striker, probably only Morata is better than him (there are not really comparable). Batshuayi is a really good back-up aswell, but most second strikers are $#@!.
Pavoletti? For real? Just take a look at the prices of the players you mentioned: Zaza 25mln, Alcacer 30mln, Batshuai 42 mln, Morata 35 mln.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Pavoletti? For real? Just take a look at the prices of the players you mentioned: Zaza 25mln, Alcacer 30mln, Batshuai 42 mln, Morata 35 mln.

Zaza is probably going to come back in the winter. If he plays 10 more games then West Ham will have to buy him.
My guess is that he will play a couple more, and if he fails to score then they will freeze him and we will have an opportunity to bring him back.
With Il Zazone in the squad, I'd ship Mandzukic for 20 mil any day of the week.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015

"Tell me who could we bring in his place for 15mln. I'm curious as hell."

Pavoletti will cost us around 15m. Better strikers will be more expensive offcourse.
I said we are really lucky to have Mandzukic as a back-up because most of topclubs don't have a back-up from his caliber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)