Mario Mandžukić (43 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Seriously though what would you do with 20 mill that you couldn't do with 4 mill
A great scholarship in best schools around the world for each kid it would cost almost a million if u include Post-grade and a couple of languages so if u make 20m in your entire profesional career you are gonna have to choose which one of your kids deserve It most

Now if u make 100m you could send even your mistress's kids. Thats a huge difference

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A great scholarship in best schools around the world for each kid it would cost almost a million if u include Post-grade and a couple of languages so if u make 20m in your entire profesional career you are gonna have to choose which one of your kids deserve It most

Now if u make 100m you could send even your mistress's kids. Thats a huge difference
Your scenario is ridiculously unlikely.

As if Witsel is seriously considering buying Harvard a new library so his son can go study there.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
its actually not. What seven means is the following

The increased options dramatically reduce when increasing pay.

At 4 million/year, you can do fuck all you want. At 18 million per year, nothing changes. You buy a pagani instead of a ferrari. Your yacht is a bit longer. Your vacations are a bit more decadent.

500 euro's a month : life is hard, expensive, cant do shit
1000 euro's a month : significant increased options, able to selfsustain without unmost penny pinching, but nothing fancy
1500 euro's a month : more options, but the increase is much lower then 500 ->1000. You can self sustain and go on holydays sometimes. Nothing too much tho
2500 euro's a month. Basically, you have a house, a car, money to spend,vacations, its a similar increase in options when comparing 1000-1500

5000 euro's a month. The fucking same, except all your options get a bit more luxurious

15 000 euro's a month. You can perhaps an option or two. extra house. small boat. Same as 5000 but your options can be more expensive

50 000 euro's a month. You basically have everything

500 000 euro's a month. what changes ?

5 000 000 euro's a month. what changes ?

lifestyle, cars and boats are not everything in life, there are different ways to spend you money where having 5 times or 10 times more actually counts.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Your point was that Witsel would earn twice as much in China. I didn't refute that at all.
and to him that clearly is a game changer, that was my point, maybe I didn't convey it clearly.

Some might, some might not. Depends on what kind of person you are.

- - - Updated - - -

how? I thought he was spot on.
I just meant what you said in your first sentence, It depends on the person, there is no set definition for being rich/poor.

- - - Updated - - -

lifestyle, cars and boats are not everything in life, there are different ways to spend you money where having 5 times or 10 times more actually counts.
Exactly, to me if I had the opportunity I'd want to be able to have the most and be able to further increase it through smart investments, opportunities, etc.

So 20m and 4m is for example to me a huge difference, just like it is with Witsel. But like I said before I agree with you guys, it shows lack of ambition.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Yes, because a kid from witsel is going to Cambridge, Yale, MIT or Harvard...

Jun 6, 2015
In your second scenario it still means nothing. You'll end up broke anyway.
That was a pretty ultimate scenario and the dude did have "fun" a few more years before he went broke :marc:

I'm on the same boat with you on this one. If you feel like €30M isn't enough you are not earning too little you are just overspending on unneeded shit and misusing the money.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
and to him that clearly is a game changer, that was my point, maybe I didn't convey it clearly.
Yes, it clearly was.

He was also clearly wrong about it. Maybe Witsel has some hidden reason as to why he'd need that much extra money, maybe he really does want to fund cancer research for a dying relative. But honestly, unless that's the case, he was dead wrong.

None of the money will improve his life. Moving to Shanghai instead of Juventus will ruin his reputation and his career though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Exactly, to me if I had the opportunity I'd want to be able to have the most and be able to further increase it through smart investments, opportunities, etc.

So 20m and 4m is for example to me a huge difference, just like it is with Witsel. But like I said before I agree with you guys, it shows lack of ambition.
Come on. If you already have 30m you can start pretty much any business adventure you want to. Lots of billionaires started with way less. And the ones that did just get the money started with way more.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Yes, it clearly was.

He was also clearly wrong about it. Maybe Witsel has some hidden reason as to why he'd need that much extra money, maybe he really does want to fund cancer research for a dying relative. But honestly, unless that's the case, he was dead wrong.

None of the money will improve his life. Moving to Shanghai instead of Juventus will ruin his reputation and his career though.
Oh definitely and Im with you on that. It definitely wont improve on his quality of life.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Weird ass Europeans... hating on a guy for accepting an astronomic salary increase that will multiply his net worth many times.
I don't hate him for it at all. But it was a very poor choice. And there are other things in life than a big salary. The fact you even bring up the words 'net worth' tells me all I need to know tbh.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Come on. If you already have 30m you can start pretty much any business adventure you want to. Lots of billionaires started with way less. And the ones that did just get the money started with way more.
Yea but if i had the option why would i refuse double or triple what 30m offers me? Im not talking about the quality of life here, im talking about way more than that. Some people are just greedy and I'm definitely a greedy fucker when it comes to a subject like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)