Mario Mandžukić (34 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I was really just teasing Seven. But people are asking if you have $8m, then what difference will $30 million make. That's pretty silly imo.
No, that's not true. Because in that scenario it would make a difference. The difference between 8 and 30 is huge. The difference between 30 and 80 is not.

And this is not about simple mathematics, although I understand that for people like you, the world is a completely flat, uninspired and onedimensional black and white place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Unfortunately It is cuz when your CV said your master is from Cambridge people just valuate you better. That's the way It is
Yep, reputation it is. It's a shame, cause it doesn't mean you are any smarter.
take the european business school for example, way easier to get a place there, than getting a place for a good public school, simply because there aren't as many applicants. If you aren't a complete idiot and can afford it you are already halfway there.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No, that's not true. Because in that scenario it would make a difference. The difference between 8 and 30 is huge. The difference between 30 and 80 is not.

And this is not about simple mathematics, although I understand that for people like you, the world is a completely flat, uninspired and onedimensional black and white place.
Lol yes, poor, unsophisticated, third world people like me.

You became a lawyer because it's such a noble profession right? Or is it for the reputation it brings, or plan to be a legendary one?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol yes, poor, unsophisticated, third world people like me.

You became a lawyer because it's such a noble profession right? Or is it for the reputation it brings, or plan to be a legendary one?

Now you're not getting the point either. I became a lawyer because I like pleading cases in Court, and yes, the pay is decent. But I am in a paygrade where the difference in money has a substantial impact on my lifestyle.

Witsel is far beyond that point.

- - - Updated - - -

It's stuff like this that makes you realize how sick American society can be. You often think Europeans and Americans are just the same, but they're really not.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Now you're not getting the point either. I became a lawyer because I like pleading cases in Court, and yes, the pay is decent. But I am in a paygrade where the difference in money has a substantial impact on my lifestyle.

maybe he's not as self centered as you are and doesn't care only about his lifestyle

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No it's not. The need for money is completely created by society.
Let's do away with money :tup:

You enjoyed pleading cases in court before you decided to do law?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Because my reputation and career would improve greatly if I went to Juventus. I could be a fucking legend. Man, just for the pride of it all alone.. You don't get that? Being able to call yourself a Juventus player.. Something you have worked for for 28 years, something you know almost no one will ever be able to.. And I'd still get paid millions. And I'm already incredibly rich.

So no, to me this is pure greed at its worst. A completely incomprehensible and imo retarded choice.
Witsel, seriously? He's 100 times more likely to go down the Hernanes road than become a Juve legend

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let's do away with money :tup:

You enjoyed pleading cases in court before you decided to do law?

It's pretty obvious that we will eventually do away with money. We already have in a way, it's basically just a point system now.

I enjoyed debating before I decided to do law, yes. Why else would I decide to do law? If it's just about money, I would have gone to medical school and made 10 times as much.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What exactly do you think Witsel is going to do with his extra 50m? Cure alopecia?
If he needs to cure it he probably has a shot at doing so now. At the very least, if he wants to, he can substantially increase the quality of life for those he cares about or give something meaningful back to the background he comes from. 80m also gives you more power than 30m would if you use it in smart ways.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I just need a new iphone ever year. Leave me alone. Don't act like money is just paper with printed numbers on it.
Okay, rich German boy :p

It's pretty obvious that we will eventually do away with money. We already have in a way, it's basically just a point system now.

I enjoyed debating before I decided to do law, yes. Why else would I decide to do law? If it's just about money, I would have gone to medical school and made 10 times as much.
Maybe you're telling the truth, but I don't hear many lawyers saying they love their work. You could find other forums for debating, but whatever.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If he needs to cure it he probably has a shot at doing so now. At the very least, if he wants to, he can substantially increase the quality of life for those he cares about or give something meaningful back to the background he comes from. 80m also gives you more power than 30m would if you use it in smart ways.
That's the thing. It doesn't. Unless you're talking small start up biotech companies, drug research costs billions, not millions. So on the one hand you have small biotech companies, often working with just a couple of million dollars, on the other you have big pharma, working with billions. Witsel's extra 50m means nothing either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)