Mario Lemina (14 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Europe has some really harsh driving rules
it depends... usual european speed limits are pretty fair: 50 km/h (~31 mph) in populated areas like cities or villages, 90 km/h (~56 mph) on most roads, and 130 km/h (~81 mph) on most freeways. in hungary, they don't even fine you if your speed was less than 20 km/h over the speed limit on a freeway, and the fine for a moderate speeding (between 150-170 km/h, 93-106 mph) is around 30k local money, a bit over $100. and to get a ~$1000 fine, you have to drive over 240 km/h (150 mph) on a freeway with a speed limit of 130 km/h.

in some countries, fines are related to the person's salary. dunno about uk rules too much, but that might have influenced lemina's fine.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He had the fine reduced to something like £2000 on a technicality.

And yes, the initial fine was down to his salary. You are fined a number of week's salary for various offences, on top of the standard penalty fine.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I just got caught driving 66km/hrs (or was it 69?) in a zone limited to 50km/hrs with my 35yrs old crippled Vespa and I had to pay 600 swiss francs (=530euros).

It sucks, but I’m okay that driving over the limit causes expensive fines here, it‘s a dangerous shit thing.
Damn, that's expensive too. Never got a ticket myself, they're generally 200-300€ depending on conditions (not salary though).

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Terror breaks out as armed robbers enter the house of former Juventus midfielder
OCTOBER 12, 2021 - 5:15 PM

Between 2015 and 2017, Mario Lemina was an up-and-coming young midfielder who was trying to make a name for himself at Juventus. Despite some good performances every now and then, the Gabon international failed to cement himself a starting berth, and ended up joining Southampton in 2017. Following his Premier League experiences with the Saints and Fulham, the 28-year-old joined Nice last summer. But unfortunately for him, his return to France was marred by a horrific incident outside of the pitch.

According to L’Equipe via la Gazzetta dello Sport, armed robbers entered Lemina’s house while he’s out on international duty with Gabon. Three women were present inside including the player’s partner Fanny Neguesha (a former girlfriend of Mario Balotelli). The hapless women were tied up, and it remains unclear whether or not they suffered additional physical violence.

The report also mentions that the robbers stole jewelry and clothes with a total value that can be estimated at around 300 thousand euros.

Throughout his well-travelled career, Lemina also played for Lorient and Olympique Marseille before joining the Old Lady, and he also had a brief experience in Turkey with Galatasaray. This season, he has made seven appearances for Nice thus far but he’s yet contribute in a single goal or assist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)